PDA

View Full Version : Yet another striker-fired polymer handgun is on the horizon...

Slater
11-21-16, 09:08
For some reason the styling reminds me of a Steyr:

https://avidityarms.eagleimportsinc.com/avidityarms/firearms/personal-defense-series

Mjolnir
11-21-16, 19:36
Interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ritepath
11-21-16, 19:49
Not a bad sounding pistol...

TomMcC
11-21-16, 19:52
Wow, they're actually bringing it in to Commiefornia. 18.8 oz.......that be light for a FS pistol.

nml
11-21-16, 20:00
Single stack cool. Would like to see picks of width next to G43.

jhr1986
11-21-16, 20:13
"So what" is what comes to my mind. Not hating on you posting it, just don't see anything to be excited about.

ruchik
11-21-16, 21:00
Wow, they're actually bringing it in to Commiefornia. 18.8 oz.......that be light for a FS pistol.

Where did you read that it was being brought to California? I'd love to take a look at it.

MegademiC
11-21-16, 21:19
Wow, almost exactly what I described in the "only ten rounds" thread.

Basically a shield that holds 10Rd and has a longer slide.
I'm somewhat interested in this.

TomMcC
11-21-16, 21:50
Where did you read that it was being brought to California? I'd love to take a look at it.

I did a dealer search on their website and some California dealers, like Turner's turned up. It could be for LEO sales only though, so maybe I jumped the gun a bit.

montrala
11-22-16, 05:55

There is only so much designs you can copy... I mean be inspired by ;)

With most* being "inspired" by Glock, getting inspiration out of Steyr is refreshing :D

* - pistol makers from Turkey are inspired by everybody and like to mix-match several inspirations in one pistol.

newyork
11-22-16, 07:36
That's what I wanted to see when glock was releasing a ss 9mm.

What's the msrp?

Mrgunsngear
11-22-16, 09:11

https://avidityarms.eagleimportsinc.com/avidityarms/firearms/personal-defense-series

I've been following the development of this sucker for a while. Seems like it'll fit a good market niche:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7OGxN4NW5M&t=307s

Beat Trash
11-22-16, 09:27
I watched the ejection from this gun on the video. The last couple of cases in the magazine seemed to come back to the shooter's face. I realize this is a prototype pistol and not a production gun. But the spokesperson was shooting full magazines and his last couple of rounds came back towards his head. The various other shooters only had partially loaded magazines and didn't appear to have erratic ejection. The last person shooting the gun, I noticed the last casing came back towards the head.

The concept has merit, especially in locations with a 10 round magazine restriction. But personally, I'll wait to see how the production guns function.

m4brian
11-23-16, 18:07
Lots of hate for slide stops on this vid.

BrigandTwoFour
11-23-16, 21:56
Unless it does microstamping, it will not be available in California for mere mortals. LE can still get it, but not the rest of us.

TomMcC
11-23-16, 22:11
Oh yeah, microstamping. Forgot about that fubar.

mark5pt56
11-24-16, 09:08
Looks like a Walther, SW and Glock linked up for a night of hard drinking.

Drummer
11-24-16, 21:56
As evidenced in the video above, Rob Pincus has been an advisor on this pistol. That and the use of a 1911 9mm magazine makes me hesitant to put too much faith in it. While I don't doubt that 9mm 1911 mags can be made to work, there would seem to be other, much better options.

Drifting Fate
11-24-16, 22:16
As evidenced in the video above, Rob Pincus has been an advisor on this pistol. That and the use of a 1911 9mm magazine makes me hesitant to put too much faith in it. While I don't doubt that 9mm 1911 mags can be made to work, there would seem to be other, much better options.

I, too, am mixed on using the 9mm 1911 mags. Lots of issues have been solved recently in the 9mm 1911 field, and one is the mags. I wonder if the newly hyped Wilson mags would solve all problems in a design specifically built around them.

Potentially, building from the ground up around an existing mag works well (see AR-15), but in this case...? I'm hoping for the best but will not be a beta tester.