PDA

View Full Version : Bushmaster Gas Piston Carbine

Iraqgunz
09-13-08, 18:17
A co-worker purchased a Bushmaster Gas Piston carbine while on R/R (he apparently didn't get the Memo) and he is asking me about a rail system for it. I have only seen pics, so I have no idea about what would work on this thing. If anyone has any thoughts or first hand knowledge please post it. Thanks.

Boltgun
09-13-08, 20:55
If I am not mistaken they are the POF upper. From what I heard POF Uppers are not bad.....any POF Rail should work. Provided it isn't the drop in piston conversion.

Boltgun

Robb Jensen
09-13-08, 21:00
Either of Bushmaster systems will work under a Troy rail but you'll need to remove some metal with a milling machine.

Shihan
09-14-08, 00:00
If I am not mistaken they are the POF upper. From what I heard POF Uppers are not bad.....any POF Rail should work. Provided it isn't the drop in piston conversion.

Boltgun

Its the Gen 1 POF design.

Iraqgunz
09-14-08, 02:14
I believe that this is the carbine he is referring to. It would appear that the handguards are somewhat larger to accomodate the piston.

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16M4-GP.asp

gotm4,

I assume that it is the rail that must be altered correct? Does anyone know who specifically would be competent enough to do it correctly? He lives in Northern Arizona.

Boltgun
09-14-08, 08:04
Its the Gen 1 POF design.

Thanks...what gen is POF at now for there uppers? How significantly different?

Boltgun

marylandsniper
09-14-08, 08:33
I guess everyone is getting into the piston upper game. My DI works just fine. Just my 2 Cents.

Seth Harness
09-14-08, 11:04
I believe that this is the carbine he is referring to. It would appear that the handguards are somewhat larger to accomodate the piston.

http://www.bushmaster.com/catalog_xm15_BCWA3F16M4-GP.asp

gotm4,

I assume that it is the rail that must be altered correct? Does anyone know who specifically would be competent enough to do it correctly? He lives in Northern Arizona.

I did one for a buddy of "gotm4" on my mill, when it was done I put a couple layers of high temp black on the raw aluminum. It was the drop-in kit though (Ares/Bushmaster), not the POF system. My guess is the person doing the work for you would need the entire upper for dimensions of op-rod and spigot(height and width) to layout the rail, unless of course he's familiar with or has that upper himself.

Iraqgunz
09-14-08, 16:46
Seth,

I am probably going to refer him over to you so you can square him away on your HSLD buffer and possibly do the work on his rail. Since he just got back from R/R I have no idea on the who, what, why, where or when. If that's cool let me know.

Seth Harness
09-17-08, 16:07
Seth,

I am probably going to refer him over to you so you can square him away on your HSLD buffer and possibly do the work on his rail. Since he just got back from R/R I have no idea on the who, what, why, where or when. If that's cool let me know.

PM sent