PDA

View Full Version : Any rail recommendations that use that will fit onto a standard GI barrel nut?

stubbychubby
11-23-16, 07:07
I have a BCM stitting in my bed room begging to be shot but I havent had the time to shop for a rail for it yet. Any high quality,durable, free float,one peice rails out there that would fit the bill? The reason I want it to be a standard barrel nut is because I dont have the propper tools to take the nut,gas block and have no disire to go buy them. I just wanna shoot, nice and easy install..

Oh, and I already know about thr troy alpha rails, any others that are good? Mlock preferably.

Eurodriver
11-23-16, 07:49
Centurion C4

You said one piece. You also said mlok. The C4 fits neither of those but is still my recommendation. :)

stubbychubby
11-23-16, 08:16
Centurion C4

You said one piece. You also said mlok. The C4 fits neither of those but is still my recommendation. :)

lol hey, I will check it out anyway, Mlock isnt mandatory :)

HCrum87hc
11-23-16, 09:47
Check out the Fortis Rev II. I almost went with one before I decided to just change out my 14.5" barrel to a 16" and get a KMR.

Hero
11-23-16, 10:41
I would also recommend the C4.

titsonritz
11-23-16, 10:44
Centurion C4

I would also recommend the C4.

Same here

Joe R.
11-23-16, 11:09
I've had good luck with the Samson Evo rails. Not M-lok however.

stubbychubby
11-23-16, 11:47
Check out the Fortis Rev II. I almost went with one before I decided to just change out my 14.5" barrel to a 16" and get a KMR.

damn, that fortis is a nice ass rail. So far we got cenrion, samson, and the fortis which im leaning toward so far, hmmm...

I've had good luck with the Samson Evo rails. Not M-lok however.

doest have to be, pretty nice rail aswell. Dosent look like you can atatch a vfg to it tho

HCrum87hc
11-23-16, 12:56
For the record, the I agree the Centurion C4 is a fantastic rail as well. The Fortis was the first one to come to mind though when you said one piece and mlok.

Dennis
11-23-16, 13:03
The Troy MLok fits on a standard GI nut and I was impressed with the lockup which is improved over the original Troy/VTAC rails. I also think it blends better with standard uppers.

https://troyind.com/products/m-lok-556-aluminum-13-blk

Dennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

sbrown3
11-23-16, 13:05
I've had great luck with the Troy M-Lok Battlerail. Rock solid, got about 1500 rounds through mine with zero problems. This rifle rides in my patrol car almost daily and gets bumped around pretty good, I've knocked the crap out of it a few times deploying it out of the trunk.

stubbychubby
11-23-16, 16:00
For the record, the I agree the Centurion C4 is a fantastic rail as well. The Fortis was the first one to come to mind though when you said one piece and mlok.
...ok well what make the c4 so great and not the fortis??

The Troy MLok fits on a standard GI nut and I was impressed with the lockup which is improved over the original Troy/VTAC rails. I also think it blends better with standard uppers.

Dennis.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

troy Mlock deff in the cards... im looking up reviews for it now.

I've had great luck with the Troy M-Lok Battlerail. Rock solid, got about 1500 rounds through mine with zero problems. This rifle rides in my patrol car almost daily and gets bumped around pretty good, I've knocked the crap out of it a few times deploying it out of the trunk.

You da popo or somthing :)

F-Trooper05
11-24-16, 04:03
The C4 is tits.

sol1777
11-24-16, 04:43
I had the original Fortis Rev. Looked nice, it moved on the barrel but. Returned it, for he C4 and never looked back.

Joe R.
11-24-16, 23:30
doest have to be, pretty nice rail aswell. Dosent look like you can atatch a vfg to it tho

You can. Either by using a rail section and attaching the grip of your choice or buying the Samson grip or handstopand attaching it directly to the tube. I've used both and preferr the handstop.

stubbychubby
11-25-16, 05:46
I think im gonna go with the troy, if those are the only option. I dont understand everyones love for the C4...its a cheese grater.

556BlackRifle
11-25-16, 11:38
I think im gonna go with the troy, if those are the only option. I dont understand everyones love for the C4...its a cheese grater.

It won't attach to your stock milspec barrel nut but, The Noveske NSR M-Lok rail is 20% off right now. Enter the code "talkingturkey20" at checkout. Just bought one (and barrel) for my pistol build.

stubbychubby
11-25-16, 23:18
It won't attach to your stock milspec barrel nut but, The Noveske NSR M-Lok rail is 20% off right now. Enter the code "talkingturkey20" at checkout. Just bought one (and barrel) for my pistol build.

Nice to know but if it does go on a standard barrel nut, it does me no good lol

no tools

sol1777
11-26-16, 06:34
I run my C4 covered with Larue clips. Works great for me. It's not a thin setup by any means, but is what I prefer.

556BlackRifle
11-26-16, 18:14
If you're going to go Troy, I'd take a look at this one before you go with the Alpha. Black or FDE

https://troyind.com/products/m-lok-556-aluminum-13-fde

brianc142
11-27-16, 00:35
If you're going to go Troy, I'd take a look at this one before you go with the Alpha. Black or FDE

https://troyind.com/products/m-lok-556-aluminum-13-fde
Agree. The Troy M-Lok rail is nice. I have never been a Troy rail fan, but I went with this one on a recent build and I'm more than satisfied.

cd228
11-27-16, 07:05
The Daniels Defense Omega is a good rail and doesn't require and gunsmithing. You don't even need to remove the delta ring. It's not MLOCK but it comes with nice ladder covers so you don't get grated.

Amicus
11-27-16, 08:07
Sorry to come so late to the party. This is my list of HGs that fit on standard bbl nuts:

Samson Evo: Works well, but requires keymod or Samson-specific attachments (included)
Fortis Rev
Centurion Arms C4 Rail: Very good; quad rail
DD Omega: Requires delta pack and end cap; quad rail
MI Gen2 Two Piece Free Float Handguard
Troy (Alpha, MRF, Bravo, M-Lok, SDMR)
Apex: Heavy and hot; may benefit from more ventilation; expensive attachment points

Of these, I know the C4, DD Omega, and MI are two piece. The C4 is probably the best quality and design. The DD Omega is a good piece, but its primary strength is to put a FF rail on a standard nut and delta pack setup, with fixed FSB, without making any changes.

One other note: without bringing up the whole M-lok/Keymod/quad rail debate: quad rails are heavier, but still provide the strongest and most flexible and adaptable attachment points for accessories.

Good luck with your purchase.

3M-TA3
11-27-16, 16:15
I'll add that the Samson system is a little difficult to add attachments after the rail is installed, but can be done fairly easily after you watch the helpful video on their site. Basically, you slide the inner part down the internal groove it will mount in then capture it with the outer part and screw. I have three rifles with Samson EVO rails and I'm happy with them. If I was planning a new build I'd go with the ALG rail, but it doesn't use a standard barrel nut.

https://youtu.be/D6Pj1Aj9zH0?list=UUhPoH8HtGu5QlCx9BSG4y2Q

Honestly, attachment system doesn't matter to me because I rarely change anything once I set it up. As long as I can find the attachments I need for that system and it's rock solid that's all that counts in my book.