PDA

View Full Version : Military grade Winchester 12ga.

cathellsk
09-13-08, 21:01
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=857119&t=11082005

What's different/special about this round? I found some at my local store for the same price as Midway and bought 5 boxes.

Dan Goodwin
09-18-08, 07:14
What is your local store? I find it interesting the military hasn't drunk the Reduced Recoil/Velocity Kool-Aid.

Gosh, you don't think they still think buckshot should spread some for anti-personnel purposes, do you?

Heresy!:D

cathellsk
09-18-08, 20:25
What is your local store? I find it interesting the military hasn't drunk the Reduced Recoil/Velocity Kool-Aid.

Gosh, you don't think they still think buckshot should spread some for anti-personnel purposes, do you?

Heresy!:D

Borders Sporting Goods
Ashland, KY
I've always read that units can never find enough rounds period, let alone some for a specific purpose.

Buck
09-19-08, 22:20
Borders Sporting Goods
Ashland, KY
I've always read that units can never find enough rounds period, let alone some for a specific purpose.

That is a very true statement... One of my partners from work, who is also a firearms instructor, was issued a Mosberg 590 for the invasion of Iraq instead of an M-16 due to a shortage of rifles in the Corps at the time...

They had very little 12 gague ammo avaliable so we had another partner deliver him a few cases of 12 gague duty ammo in theater... As I understand it, it was all put to good use...

B

ThirdWatcher
09-24-08, 14:28
http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=857119&t=11082005

What's different/special about this round? I found some at my local store for the same price as Midway and bought 5 boxes.

My guess is the only difference is the hulls aren't bright red.

m24shooter
09-24-08, 17:15
I think AR15fan did a review on TOS.
IIRC it is **not buffered**,unplated, doesn't pattern real tight and is a little on the hot side.
Correction, it is buffered, it doesn't have a shotcup.