PDA

View Full Version : 2 piece MlOK FSP rail

MJLman
11-27-16, 22:12
Does anyone make one thats worth buying?
Trying to locate a centurion carbine cutout with no luck, and was thinking I already have a light mount and a few some other add ons and should go MlOK if I could find one. Two piece isn't a deal breaker as I have access to a solid gunsmith.
All of my google-fu and I can't dig one up.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Stickman
11-28-16, 19:22
Does anyone make one thats worth buying?
Trying to locate a centurion carbine cutout with no luck, and was thinking I already have a light mount and a few some other add ons and should go MlOK if I could find one. Two piece isn't a deal breaker as I have access to a solid gunsmith.
All of my google-fu and I can't dig one up.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Contact Monty at Centurion Arms and see if he has any. I know he has made them as I have one.

MJLman
11-28-16, 20:27
Are you talking about a carbine cutout or an FSP mlok rail?
And... you have a "little" more stroke in the industry than I do.
On this forum alone the pub that manufacturers get on your pics is priceless.

Stickman
11-28-16, 21:13
Are you talking about a carbine cutout or an FSP mlok rail?

If I say I have both does that make me a bad man.... ?

However, I had meant the FSP MLOK. :D

MJLman
11-28-16, 22:18
Where did you get that? I don't see it on their site.
If I can't source one I'm going with a 13" CMR mlok and gonna have it cut to fit the FSP. I'm obsessed with keeping the front post on this gun but determined to make it "new" as far as mounts and accessories go.
Spoke with my gunsmith who happens to be a good friend this evening and he can do it, and can source one for me from RSR at a discount.

Stickman
11-29-16, 21:02
Where did you get that?

We get a lot of stuff sent to us. Give them a call, just because it isn't on their website doesn't mean they don't have it.

MJLman
11-29-16, 21:37
Too late for that. Ordered a 13" Centurion MLOK this evening and will hopefully get a chance to install it with my friend/gunsmith this weekend. Will post pics on the AR thread once I get it completed. Got it at dealer cost so saved some money.
It'll go on a newly acquired 6920 that came with the Magpul SL hanguard. I want to like that hanguard but just can't.
Thanks for the advice and help but I think I'll find having a "custom" rail kinda cool. I won't hesitate to name drop you in the future if need be. "Stick said you could make one for me". ��

thebarracuda
11-29-16, 21:55
Make sure you post pics of that custom rail. I need to do a similar project on a 6920. I'd love to see how it turns out with that rail.

MJLman
12-03-16, 12:50
Was able to get it completed last night. Process is pretty easy with the right tools. Pretty pleased with how it came out. Really impressed with the weight, or lack there of on the Centurion.
Threw on a spare Magpul light mount I had just to "finish" it for time being, but will need to get a low pro mount to be satisfied.

Zirk208
12-03-16, 12:56
Was it as easy as a phone call to Centurion?

noonesshowmonkey
12-03-16, 13:15
There really are only Geissele/ALG and Centurion in the rail game; everyone else is just trying to keep up. Looks great.

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-03-16, 18:36
I sure hope they don't make a MLOCK FSP rail because I am el Broko.

BangBang77
12-03-16, 20:07
OP

How did you get the taper pins in with the rail on it? Is that a 2 piece rail like Stick has or did you machine a 1 piece to fit around the FSP?

thebarracuda
12-03-16, 20:33
Vedday niiiiiice! Any problems setting the fsb pins?

MJLman
12-03-16, 20:43
Its a 1 piece rail. We machined out two of circles to look more like tear drops. No issue getting them back in. Of course, on the rail that has seemingly a couple hundred holes on it, not a one lined up with the FSB pins.