PDA

View Full Version : More Good Press for my hometown

senorlinc
09-14-08, 10:22
http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/20080909_Psycho_hammers_subway_passenger.html

brief synopsis: mentally ill man rides subway with his child. takes hammer from backpack and beats the crap out of bystander in front of no less than 10 onlookers and cameras. flees scene.

this in the same week that philadelphia was named by travel and leisure magazine as having the "least" attractive population of a major metro area

last time i checked it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon even for those licensed to carry firearms. perhaps they should start cracking down on home depot and lowes and monitoring those who own handtools.

needless to say i have gone from being alert/aware when i leave my house to defcon 1. its sad and disheartening to have to live this way but it is a fact of life in my town. im glad the legislators out there are trying to help the innocent by making their lives more difficult instead of addressing the actual causality of the situation.....sorry, im frustrated. everytime i watch the news and look at the path this country is flirting to go down i makes me a more worried man

photosniper
09-14-08, 19:35
It is perfectly legal for a person with a Pennsylvania LTCF (license to carry firearms) to conceal carry in any city in PA including Philadelphia. Also, anyone from the 17 states that have reciprocity agreements to carry as well. The only difference with Filthadelphia is that you must possess a PA LTCF to Open Carry as it is a class A city (population over 1mil). Yes Open Carry is legal in the keystone state.

senorlinc
09-15-08, 08:11
It is perfectly legal for a person with a Pennsylvania LTCF (license to carry firearms) to conceal carry in any city in PA including Philadelphia. Also, anyone from the 17 states that have reciprocity agreements to carry as well. The only difference with Filthadelphia is that you must possess a PA LTCF to Open Carry as it is a class A city (population over 1mil). Yes Open Carry is legal in the keystone state.

all very true and as the holder of a PA LTCF i could OC anywhere in the state, however i do not like to advertise.

however a LTCF is NOT the same as a CCW. the LTCF permits the holder to carry a firearm concealed NOT an edged weapon or truncheon. not sure where stun guns and mace fall in. so technically wouldnt carrying a hammer in your backpack is illegal ??? if the criminals do not follow the law what are law abiding citizens expected to do to protect themselves from unprovoked attacks?

photosniper
09-15-08, 08:16
All true, the LTCF is just for firearms, handguns and for those lucky individuals that can afford SBR's and all the necessary legalities.
Philadelphia has their own laws on carrying knives and other weapons, most of which are illegal. According to the AG's office, mace and other chemical weapons are legal. Electronic devices are still up in the air. One part of PA law allows them, another forbids them. Still looking into that with the new Taser civilian products that were just released.
Agreed with the OC part, it doesn't fit with my personal protection "plan"

senorlinc
09-15-08, 08:20
excellent. thanks for confirming and clarifying for me. while out in the burbs and in other parts of the state im sure everyone and their moms carries a blade of somesort, as a city boy its not something you see everyday. i cant imagine that the philly cops would appreciate finding even a swiss army knife on you though i carry one close to me for work....

photosniper
09-15-08, 08:31
cassiday you can get a ton of information on PA concealed and open carry laws and such here:
www.pafoa.org