PDA

View Full Version : Same action in every Remington 700?

jrcii
11-29-16, 10:01
Hello All,

Because of the answers that I received in another post, I have a new question.

Is the action from a Remington 700 ADL 7mm Rem Mag the same as the action from a CDL 7mm Rem Mag?

If it is, then as the other thread said, it would be smart to get the ADL, use it for now, then when I'm ready to build my precision rifle, I can use the action from it. But, if the 'higher end' rifles are different then that makes my decisions harder.

Thanks,

JRC

Kdubya
11-29-16, 10:20
You should have just followed up to my original response. Yes, they're the same action. I called Remington on a couple occasions to verify when purchasing the ADL. Talked to different people each time. Same response. Basically, they said that when a 700 action is produced, they don't know which rifle it will end up on. Could be an SPS. Could be an ADL. Now, some are finished differently in terms of cosmetics (blued, stainless, etc). But, the construction is all the same.

jrcii
11-30-16, 16:17
You're right, I should have done that. You posted exactly what I wanted to know.

Thanks again,

JRC

You should have just followed up to my original response. Yes, they're the same action. I called Remington on a couple occasions to verify when purchasing the ADL. Talked to different people each time. Same response. Basically, they said that when a 700 action is produced, they don't know which rifle it will end up on. Could be an SPS. Could be an ADL. Now, some are finished differently in terms of cosmetics (blued, stainless, etc). But, the construction is all the same.

Kdubya
11-30-16, 16:25
No worries. Honestly, for your own piece of mind, give them a call and let me know if you hear anything to indicate otherwise. Never hurts to do your due diligence. Good luck with your eventual purchase and enjoy the rifle!