PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Night Sites?

seb5
12-03-16, 16:33
Hey all, thought I'd ask the group. I'm looking to buy several new sets of tritiums for pistols that are lacking. I've used the Truglo fiber/tritium combo on my issued Glock 23 for several years and generally like them. As my 2 kids moved out and with them my wifes and my Glock 19's(my gift to them when they launched) I had to buy some new hardware for the wife and I. I ended up buying 2 Glock 19's and 2 Glock 43's to cover CCW and deep CCW. I generally prefer the 19 when I'm off duty to the 23 as 9mm is just easier and my choice in calibers for several reasons. I've looked at the 24/7 tritium dots and big dots. The price isn't the only factor but I don'y really need to spend $600.00 on sights! So, any ideas or reccomendations? I am a Glock armorer and own a tool so installation isn't an issue. Thanks in advance.

C4IGrant
12-03-16, 17:09
Have you thought about Glock Factory NS's. They are pretty cheap. We also have Trijicon HD's in stock and offer an LE discount if interested.

C4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Pistolero
12-03-16, 20:55
I use Trijicon HDs on a SIG P226, they are amazing sights but they are expensive. I'd say put them on the gun you carry most but since you have to buy multiple sets then price is an issue. I put Meprolights on my Glock 21 and while they're not as fast for daytime shooting as the Trijicon HDs, they are plenty bright in the dark and were half the price.

seb5
12-03-16, 21:03
The Trjicon HD is looking good. Grant your site is loading sloooow tonight. I appreciate the feedback.

El Pistolero
12-03-16, 21:50
The Trjicon HD is looking good. Grant your site is loading sloooow tonight. I appreciate the feedback.

I think you would be very pleased with the Trijicon HDs.

DirectTo
12-03-16, 23:15
Factory Glock night sights are cheap, bright, and readily available. If you don't mind a plain 3 dot sight picture there's really no reason to go with anything else.

I've got Trij on a couple guns I picked up used but over time I can't see enough difference to justify the price increase and have stuck with factory night sights for everything I've upgraded aside from a single competition 34 I used a set of Defoors. To each their own.

PatrioticDisorder
12-04-16, 07:55
Trijicon HD's are the way to go, they are outstanding daytime sights that happen to double as night sites as well.

seb5
12-04-16, 09:02
Looks like the consensus will work for me. I'll contact Grant and see what he can do for me. Does Glock market tritiums for the 43's yet?

PatrolRifleGroup
12-04-16, 12:36
I recently swapped all of my G19 and G43 sights over to the Ameriglo Spaulding set, High Visibility Lumi-green front with green tritium with a serrated steel rear w/no tritium. To me, the Ameriglo front sight stands out better than the Trijicon HD, but that's purely based on the way my eye picks them up. Got three sets off of optics planet for $180 shipped, think I used a 11% coupon. For my duty G17, I used the same Ameriglo front sight but the spartan rear, which is all black steel and has two small tritium inserts. I think that set was $110 with a coupon. Just another option to look at. If you decide on the Trijicon HD's, definitely go through Grant. I've purchased several lowers from him and he's always been great to deal with.

Mrgunsngear
12-04-16, 13:45
Looks like the consensus will work for me. I'll contact Grant and see what he can do for me. Does Glock market tritiums for the 43's yet?

Sure do. I have them on my 42 below but they're the same sights for the 43 and they're ~$130ish. (http://amzn.to/2g0fdNm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2b4yYoNrR0

ST911
12-04-16, 14:37

Try a set of Ameriglo Hackathorns on your G43.

T2C
12-04-16, 15:35
I recently installed a set of Ameriglo I Dot sights on one of my Glocks and I really like them. I can get on target faster with them than with the traditional three dot night sights.

I carried pistols with the traditional three dot night sights for over 25 years and they work well for someone with good vision. Now that Father Time has taken his toll on my eyesight, the three dot sight system is a little too busy for me.

seb5
12-04-16, 16:24
Over the years I've probably owned 20 different pistols or revolvers with night sites but never really paid much attention to them until I had to replace the ones on my 1999 era model 23. I do remember back in the day they were expensive to put on non dove tailed pistols like the 1911, BHP's, and the like. I nkow about the aging eyes. When I started this affair with handguns had 20/14 vision. Fast forward 30 years and well..... makes it hard. I sent an email to Grant via his web site now that it's back up and I imagine he'll be able to hook me up. I'll look at the Hacks for the 43, thanks!

nova3930
12-04-16, 16:46
I'm a big fan of hackathorns. My only complaint is they don't have a suppressor height variant

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

BangBang77
12-04-16, 18:42
I run the Ameriglo Spauldings in orange on most of my glocks. The only exception being the 2 Vickers FDE glocks that came with the Wilson/Vickers sites. But those two will probably be swapped out at some point with the Spauldings.

My 2 G43s are both TALO editions so they came with Ameriglo sites very similar to the Spaulding.

My eyes appreciate the orange front and plain black rear for quick target acquisition and tracking.

contax_shooter
12-04-16, 19:15
A little more costly but I'm a fan of 10-8 stuff, especially their U-notch rears.

Mr. Goodtimes
12-04-16, 20:59
I really like my 10-8 sights.
.156 rear and .125 tritium front is fast and accurate.

thopkins22
12-04-16, 22:25
There isn't a bad set of sights recommended here. I'm personally a huge fan of the Warren Tactical Sights. Very fast, very accurate, no nonsense sights. I like and use both the plain rear and the Sevigny Competition rear with both the tritium front and the fiber optic front. Two and three dot arrangements are available too. And Dave Sevigny uses them and he has more national championships than anyone save for Rob Leatham and maybe Jerry Barnhart.

And skip the big dots. Been there done that. Yes it's easy to track the front sight...but by the time you're practiced enough to track it in recoil, you'll be able to follow any bright front sight and you'll get mad at how difficult they are to be accurate with. If you need a speed boost without much of a accuracy penalty I'd go for a skinnier front post with a wider notch.

JaegerOne
12-05-16, 01:02
AmeriGlo Hackathorns.

Wake27
12-05-16, 01:06
I've tried a few and really like the Vickers/Wilson Combat and Redback One sights. I'm going with the former because they make them for Glocks, M&Ps, and 1911s so I can have them on all of my guns. And you can roll with tritium or fiber optic.