PDA

View Full Version : Securing a CZ Scorpion EVO III???

Elkhound
12-04-16, 13:52
I picked up a CZ Scorpion EVO III the other day. The only "open" space in my gun safes requires me to hang the Scorpion upside down, where it will fit between two Remington 870s. (Buying another safe is not an idea I wish to float past my beloved better half). I have installed some hooks and I have the room to store the CZ hanging upside down between the barrels of the 870s. My question is, what do you recommend I use to secure it in this position? I think running a thin cable, or rope or strap through the sling mounts might work? I have yet to decide on what sling I want, so I'm looking for a solution to the storage issue first.

The sling mount holes are not very large, and I want something strong enough that the CZ does not fall. Also, I have questionable skills with ropes and knots, so I don't really trust my ability to tie something to fasten it in place.

I'm open to any and all suggestions as to how best to secure the CZ. I do have an "extra" gun safe in my attic, but I don't want to subject the polymer gun to the temperature extremes of a third story attic.

Slvr Surfr
12-04-16, 16:02
Flat heavy duty velcro / hook and look strip that is cut to size. The kind without the adhesive backing. It'll also be reusable when you rehang the pistol. Something like http://www.fastenation.com/products/velcro-brand-fasteners/velstrapr-brand-straps-3031.html

nova3930
12-04-16, 16:48
How about a BFG u-loop through the upper rear sling hole?

As far as slings

https://www.blueforcegear.com/vickers-one-sling?utm_campaign=HomepageBanners&utm_source=homepage&utm_medium=banner&utm_term=Vickers%20One

One order and good to go.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

MegademiC
12-04-16, 19:49
Para cord or zip ties?

I mean it's a 5 lb rifle, not a crane load. A double knot would suffice.

Elkhound
12-04-16, 20:29
All great ideas, thank you. Yes, zip ties might be the easiest and fastest. However, the blueforce sling might solve both the "hanging" issue and the actual use solution.

Smith M&P
12-23-16, 22:38
I notice you are in NC-bring it by my place and "secure" it here-I have plenty of room. :cool:

I have been looking at them-probably my next gun (maybe Spring?)