PDA

View Full Version : New CQB Build

556BlackRifle
12-05-16, 01:15
This one is currently living it's life as a pistol until I get it a stamp. :(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Mike16610/Pistol%20Build_16x8_zpsfldvfn35.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Mike16610/Pistol%20Build_26x8_zpspbxbny22.jpg

Here's a listing of the parts used on this build:

• Noveske N4 forged lower.
• Sionics LPK w/ enhanced trigger.
• BCM Mod 0 pistol grip.
• Shockwave Blade kit.
• CMT Upper*
• Sionics NP3 BCG.
• Noveske branded Super Charging Handle.
• Noveske 10.5” CQB Barrel (carbine length gas).
• Noveske NSR M-Lok 11 inch.
• Noveske KX5.
• MBUS BUIS.

*This upper receiver will be swapped out in the near future for a Gen 1 Noveske N4.

masenomics
12-05-16, 08:43
Looks like a good build with quality parts should be a nice shooter. I've been debating on one of those shockwave blades, how do you like it? Does it lock up solid with the little set screw?

556BlackRifle
12-05-16, 09:35
Looks like a good build with quality parts should be a nice shooter. I've been debating on one of those shockwave blades, how do you like it? Does it lock up solid with the little set screw?

I haven't shot it yet but it seems to be a very solid setup. The tube is dimpled and the setscrew locks in very tight. Once I figure out the final adjustments, I'll probably use some Vibra-Tite VC-3 to keep that screw from backing out. Some of the guys on the AR Pistol forum have some good things to say about it in this thread (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?189938-KAK-Industries-Pistol-Brace).

StealthOPS32
12-05-16, 10:32
So sad! Poor guy is not able to reach its full potential! I have a 300 Blackout also living as a pistol :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

st0ny3mu
12-05-16, 10:49
I assume it's pistol lower? Didn't know a pistol lower could be converted to a rifle ever, with or without a stamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StealthOPS32
12-05-16, 11:10
I assume it's pistol lower? Didn't know a pistol lower could be converted to a rifle ever, with or without a stamp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's incorrect stony. The rule is that if a receiver is made into a pistol FIRST, then you can convert it into a rifle at a later date. You can revert it back to a pistol at any time. It does not work the other way though: if it is made into a rifle first, you can NOT convert it into a pistol. Also once you convert a pistol to an SBR it cannot be converted back into a pistol from my understanding. The whole weapons classification by the NFA is absolutely pointless though. Makes no sense whatsoever.

slodsm
12-07-16, 02:05
The whole weapons classification by the NFA is absolutely pointless though. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Agree with that, as the list of stupid laws goes, that one is very near the top of the list.

StealthOPS32
12-07-16, 08:23
Agree with that, as the list of stupid laws goes, that one is very near the top of the list.
Yep, 100% agree.