PDA

View Full Version : Which Atlas bipod?

Pappabear
12-05-16, 13:16
I own 4 Atlas bipods. I went to order another for my backup 300WM, and saw where they have several new models and sizes.

Any feedback appreciated. I already have the pic rail mounted on the gun. So the ADM Lever will be fine. Right now it wears a Harris, which I still think they make a pretty good bipod. But I figured....it is the season to be Merry to oneself. 😎

PB

waveslayer
12-05-16, 15:54
Are your other 4 atlas coming with a picatinny rail mount? I would keep the Harris. Much faster to deploy. I move mine around from gun to gun with the QD

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

FromMyColdDeadHand
12-05-16, 17:09
My buddy said that once you get past 5 ARs, most wives can't tell the difference between them.

I'd like to know more about them too. I actually just ordered a Sinclair one that I saw at a comp. My BT10 just never gave me the advantage over a Harris. To me bipods are like handguns, none are perfect.

waveslayer
12-05-16, 19:09
My feelings are this:

If you go PRS the Harris has advantages to deploy much faster. Even when hunting.

Atlas for prone Shooting, or anywhere time isn't an issue. The 5H I like a lot if I'm not having to deploy it quickly.

hypno02
12-11-16, 00:34
The 9-13" QD with the non-rotating legs if the king of atlas bipods. I shoot harris but if I had to choose an atlas ;)

Eurodriver
12-11-16, 06:39
Everyone says the Harris is so much faster. Sure. But I lost a buck once cuz I slammed the feet down. It's loud as **** in a quiet forest. Might as well just use an Atlas because I can never imagine a scenario where it will matter.

I also have been pinched, cut, and generally ****ed up by Harris bipods.

I will never own one again. Even my .22 plinker has a dedicated Atlas.

PB you want one where the legs don't spin. That's the new mode and well worth it.

waveslayer
12-11-16, 09:00
Everyone says the Harris is so much faster. Sure. But I lost a buck once cuz I slammed the feet down. It's loud as **** in a quiet forest. Might as well just use an Atlas because I can never imagine a scenario where it will matter.

I also have been pinched, cut, and generally ****ed up by Harris bipods.

I will never own one again. Even my .22 plinker has a dedicated Atlas.

PB you want one where the legs don't spin. That's the new mode and well worth it.
This sounds like you need to post this on YouTube, it sounds hilarious

Pappabear
12-11-16, 16:11
Guys I can fk anything up. Anyone have a link or catalog number. Thanks for your help.

PB