PDA

View Full Version : SBR Rules are Pretty Silly...

Jmacken37
12-05-16, 14:57
Saw what looks like an "AR Pistol" being carried by an LEO in this article...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teenager-brings-guns-to-school-but-his-parents-disarm-him/ar-AAl1kQ5?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout#image=1
(00:21 in the video clip)

I sure hope all the NFA stuff gets overturned.

Leuthas
12-05-16, 15:14
1. Yes, most regulation placed on firearms is silly.

2. The NFA - in full - isn't going anywhere.

Feline
12-05-16, 15:22

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teenager-brings-guns-to-school-but-his-parents-disarm-him/ar-AAl1kQ5?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=mailsignout#image=1

Why do you want it overturned? Do you think MGs in every household will make us safer?

Yes, actually I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And what evidence do you wish to bring forth in support of your hypothesis?

in before this retarded ass thread gets locked.

There has NEVER been a crime committed with a legally possessed NFA item...I think there have been 2 instances(probably more, but 2 that I can think of) where legal full auto weapons were used, the guys were charged, but then no billed.

Quit getting your gun reporting news from the "media" and I use that term loosely.

I have no problem with NFA as it is now, but I don't think MGs will make us safer...

Mr. Goodtimes
12-05-16, 15:24
Why do you want it overturned? Do you think MGs in every household will make us safer?

Yes, actually I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

midnightrider
12-05-16, 15:32

My personal hope is that the "NFA stuff" continues to be off the radar screen of most politicians, period. Yes, I hate that construction of new FAs for the private market is no longer possible post 1986, but at least for the time being we can continue swapping around the 200,000 or so items already out there.

Can you even imagine the hysteria that would ensue if the general public had an inkling that private ownership of such weapons was possible, or the pressure said sheeple would put on their congressmen to do away with such a great menace?

No thanks, I'll gladly keep things just as they are. Believe me, if they ever change it'll only be for the worse.

rjacobs
12-05-16, 15:37
And what evidence do you wish to bring forth in support of your hypothesis?

in before this retarded ass thread gets locked.

There has NEVER been a crime committed with a legally possessed NFA item...I think there have been 2 instances(probably more, but 2 that I can think of) where legal full auto weapons were used, the guys were charged, but then no billed.

Quit getting your gun reporting news from the "media" and I use that term loosely.

Plato
12-05-16, 15:40
Agreed. SBRs for all!

rjacobs
12-05-16, 15:44
I have no problem with NFA as it is now, but I don't think MGs will make us safer...

it would neither make us safer or make things less safe, or so says the history of the NFA... so that portion of the argument is moot IMO.

constitutional vs. unconstitutional is the argument IMO. Do some research on the '86 Hughes amendment and the shenanigans that went on during the "vote" taken for it. There is video somewhere.

Feline
12-05-16, 15:47
it would neither make us safer or make things less safe, or so says the history of the NFA... so that portion of the argument is moot IMO.

constitutional vs. unconstitutional is the argument IMO. Do some research on the '86 Hughes amendment and the shenanigans that went on during the "vote" taken for it. There is video somewhere.

Because clearly all potential MG owners are instructors...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGCKFzGAfQ0

rjacobs
12-05-16, 15:50
wasnt the machine guns fault that the instructor was a ****ing idiot.

Pretty sure that event got beat TO DEATH in another portion of this forum.

You ever been to Knob Creek Machine Gun shoot? Probably would piss your pants so you should stay away. The humanity of 300+ machine guns expending 1-1.5 million rounds of ammo during a 2 day event and....nobody gets shot...oh the humanity of it all.

I ****ing swear gun owners are our own worst enemy.

JoshNC
12-05-16, 15:53

922(o) is unconstitutional as are the sporting clause and ban on imported title-2 in the '68 GCA. Will MGs in every household make us safer? Safer from what? The 2A is the final check against gov tyranny, so yes I do believe a MG in every home would make us safer from gov tyranny. Safer from a home defense standpoint? No, semiauto is fine for this. However we don't need to demonstrate a need for MGs; martial arms are protected under the 2a. I own machineguns, shoot them regularly, and am very proficient in their use. Have you ever fired anything fullauto? Have you been around individuals shooting fullauto who are skilled in their use?

You sound like one of our statist/hoplophobic politicians, "I support the second amendment, just not the right to own [insert sensationalized scary firearm du jour]". Support it all or support none of it. It's a right and thus support is binary black and white, yes or no.....there is no gray.

Fatorangecat
12-05-16, 15:55

Are you law enforcement?

Falar
12-05-16, 16:04

I don't know about safer but it sure would be better if we didn't have to abide by a different set of rules than our elected officials and public servants.