View Full Version : FN Upgrading their rails to the Mega Wedge Lock

C4IGrant
12-14-16, 09:35
For those interested.

C4

DMR II
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/FN%20Contracted%20parts/DMR_II.png

Tactical II
http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/FN%20Contracted%20parts/Tactical-556_II.png

scottryan
12-14-16, 14:04
Why does Mega have to put cooling holes instead of MLOK/Keymod slots at the 10:30 and 1:30 flats on the handguard. This makes it impossible to mount most accessories in these positions.

RAM Engineer
12-14-16, 16:35
Why does Mega have to put cooling holes instead of MLOK/Keymod slots at the 10:30 and 1:30 flats on the handguard. This makes it impossible to mount most accessories in these positions.

Looks like they have one MLOK slot at those positions toward the muzzle end. They must think if something is going there it's either going to be a flashlight or an offset sight at the muzzle.

scottryan
12-14-16, 19:10
Looks like they have one MLOK slot at those positions toward the muzzle end. They must think if something is going there it's either going to be a flashlight or an offset sight at the muzzle.

A IWC or Arisaka inline mount needs to be mounted two or three slots back for the head of a surefire scout 600 to be behind the muzzle.

Right now, the way Mega has it a Surefire scout 600 would stick out past the flash hider.

The Dumb Gun Collector
12-14-16, 19:30
Dammit. I really don't need to buy another AR but I am jonesing for an 18 inch upper.

fledge
12-14-16, 19:46
This rail looks like the Hodge version.

Jwknutson17
12-14-16, 22:41
Good to see a manufacture pick a high quality rail. Never considered an FN, but with their barrels, the wedgelock, it's now worth a hard look.

A KAC or arisaka offset mount allows 45 degree mounting and still gives you all the possible mounting options/positions. Even with rails that have 45 Mlok slots, I still run KAC offset mounts on all my Mod2s.

BoringGuy45
12-14-16, 22:47
To quote Archer: And, can it be fired with an erection? :D

jstalford
12-15-16, 06:52
The lower has too many things I would change but I would consider grabbing an upper if sold separately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patriot_man
12-15-16, 07:49
This rail looks like the Hodge version.

Indeed.

I would've hoped it was the 7075-T6 flavor but according to SSD it's 6061.

Slippers
12-15-16, 08:38
A IWC or Arisaka inline mount needs to be mounted two or three slots back for the head of a surefire scout 600 to be behind the muzzle.

Right now, the way Mega has it a Surefire scout 600 would stick out past the flash hider.

You can run our inline mount backwards with a M300C (or one of our 300 series lights) on the Hodge/Mega handguard to keep the bezel from protruding past the end. :)

noonesshowmonkey
12-15-16, 11:51
It's only taken about five years too long, but finally the big names are producing what the enthusiast shooting community has been using for a while now!

If I were in the market for a turn-key full sized rifle, this and the Colt Combat Unit are looking mighty fine. I don't need another rifle (right?! RIGHT?!)...

The forward mounting of those m-lok slots is beautiful; most of us don't need to off-set mount much more than a light, and that slot will allow 90% of the lights and mounts to work just fine methinks. Gotta love the Wedgelock / CMR rails.