PDA

View Full Version : Mega Arms Slide Locker CH

TomMcC
12-14-16, 16:14
Anyone using this for a while. What do you think? Any excessive receiver locking notch wear?

I needed another ambi CH and was looking at this again.

Alpine2k3
12-14-16, 19:50
I have it on one of my rifles. The wear isn't bad at the moment, but I've only had a few hundred rounds through it with that charging handle.

Dave L.
12-14-16, 22:35
I won't buy one. They stole Sintercore's design shortly after he came out with his.

I do have a couple Sintercore Tripwire Handles though and after a year of use I decided to sell them, as I know the owner personally.

NWshooter
12-15-16, 08:55
I built my brother a gun using one, he shoots seldomly so it will probably never be an issue but with give or take 300 rounds through the gun its already getting a small ledge ground into the locking notch

TomMcC
12-15-16, 10:36
I won't buy one. They stole Sintercore's design shortly after he came out with his.

I do have a couple Sintercore Tripwire Handles though and after a year of use I decided to sell them, as I know the owner personally.

I'm assuming, Dave, you have the one's with the carbon/polymer latch? So with that setup you're not getting any wear?

TomMcC
12-15-16, 10:37
I built my brother a gun using one, he shoots seldomly so it will probably never be an issue but with give or take 300 rounds through the gun its already getting a small ledge ground into the locking notch

The notch edge is getting rounded over?

NWshooter
12-15-16, 11:06
The notch edge is getting rounded over?

Yes it is

TomMcC
12-15-16, 15:59
Yes it is

Thanks.

Dave L.
12-15-16, 22:52
I'm assuming, Dave, you have the one's with the carbon/polymer latch? So with that setup you're not getting any wear?

Correct. There's wear but it's from other charging handles I had prior. I was honestly always skeptical about the poly latch and there was issues with the first gen that he made but the problem was the spring IIRC. He mailed out "upgrade" kits and since then I haven't had any issues personally.

FWIW, the most wear I've ever had was using PRI GB handles or any CH that used the same PRI steel latch. That latch was brutal on my receivers.

TomMcC
12-16-16, 01:59
Thanks Dave.