PDA

View Full Version : DSG Arms Barrel Quality?

Vegas
12-15-16, 12:55
Hey all,

Does anyone have any recent experience with DSG Arms barrels? I'm looking at a 4150CMV barrel and wondering how they are. Any insight on who makes them for DSG?

Thanks.

Vegas
12-16-16, 00:52
12 hours up, over 200 hundred views and no comments may tell it's own story. I'm guessing either no one buys them or nobody wants to buy them.

brianc142
12-16-16, 07:45
I don't own any or know anything about them, but I consider DSG a first class company and I can't imagine them selling junk. Their barrels are probably fine and if not, they have excellent customer service and would probably cover any issue you may have with one.

308sako
12-16-16, 12:04
I don't own any or know anything about them, but I consider DSG a first class company and I can't imagine them selling junk. Their barrels are probably fine and if not, they have excellent customer service and would probably cover any issue you may have with one.

This has been my experience with DSG as well. I would give them a try.

elephantrider
12-16-16, 12:14
In that price range, I'd recommend the Faxon Firearms Gunner barrel. Faxon maintains a presence on this site, and initial reviews of their barrels have been very favorable. The Gunner profile is better than the DSG "Gov't" IMO. If you shop around you may be able to find a discount on the Faxon. I backordered one through Brownells at a decent discount.

friendlyfireisnt
12-16-16, 13:28
The hard thing is that since nobody knows who makes the barrels, or how they are truly spec'ed, it's to make a recommendation for those particular barrels. Until there is a known track record or pedigree, my inclination is to look elsewhere.

2nd.amendment
12-16-16, 14:16
They appear to have two lines of barrels that seem very similar to Ballistic Advantage lines. It seems like there is a good chance they are made by BA. Given that and DSGs track record, if they fit your needs, I might give then a try.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Vegas
12-16-16, 15:19
I took a minute to email them and got the following back: "The only information I can share regarding the DSG barrels is that they are OEM'd for us by an industry leading manufacturer." Which is about what I expected to get back. Have to say the style of markings on the barrel do look BA'ish.

Swstock
12-16-16, 18:29
I can't imagine them using a substandard barrel.

C4IGrant
12-16-16, 18:46
I always follow this rule. If the company doesn't list all the specs and details then they are hiding something. Meaning that if you spend the money and time on your barrels (LIKE BCM does), you would tell (list) everyone what you are doing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vegas
12-16-16, 19:05
^^^ Seems like sage advice from Grant.

elephantrider
12-16-16, 19:16
I always follow this rule. If the company doesn't list all the specs and details then they are hiding something. Meaning that if you spend the money and time on your barrels (LIKE BCM does), you would tell (list) everyone what you are doing....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is one of the things that I like about the Faxon barrels. Even though they are a moderately priced mfg, they disclose a good amount of information about how they are made, spec'd, etc.

FaxonNathan
12-19-16, 07:04
In that price range, I'd recommend the Faxon Firearms Gunner barrel. Faxon maintains a presence on this site, and initial reviews of their barrels have been very favorable. The Gunner profile is better than the DSG "Gov't" IMO. If you shop around you may be able to find a discount on the Faxon. I backordered one through Brownells at a decent discount.

A pleasure to be mentioned. Let us know how we can help!

FaxonNathan
12-19-16, 07:05
That is one of the things that I like about the Faxon barrels. Even though they are a moderately priced mfg, they disclose a good amount of information about how they are made, spec'd, etc.

Anything we are missing in our listings?

Always want to ensure we publish everything customers are looking for.

MegademiC
12-19-16, 10:13
Anything we are missing in our listings?

Always want to ensure we publish everything customers are looking for.

As someone soon to be in the barrel market, from a sales perspective, your doing it right. Open with info, and here for questions, but not pushing anything. I'll be considering you moving forward (I wasn't before). Keep it up.

Sorry for thread drift - no dsg info, but curious as well.

AKjeff
12-19-16, 10:55

LongRider
08-05-20, 17:01
A pleasure to be mentioned. Let us know how we can help!

Having some of your barrels in stock would be awesome as I’d love buy one. I’ve been checking your website for months. At this point I’d go for any Gov't/Socom Profile AR15 Barrel, 556 Nato, Pinned Gas Block From 7.5 to 11.5. Yes I know different barrel length are better for different applications. Primary purpose for this build would be home defense I would prefer a 10.5 or 11.5 but I suspect could have some fun with a 7.5. With the greatest straight line shot in my home being under 85 feet it may even provide adequate stopping power. Of course I’d defer to your expertise for any pistol length barrel you have in stock. Including a different profile.

JediGuy
08-05-20, 19:00
Having some of your barrels in stock would be awesome as I’d love buy one. I’ve been checking your website for months. At this point I’d go for any Gov't/Socom Profile AR15 Barrel, 556 Nato, Pinned Gas Block From 7.5 to 11.5. Yes I know different barrel length are better for different applications. Primary purpose for this build would be home defense I would prefer a 10.5 or 11.5 but I suspect could have some fun with a 7.5. With the greatest straight line shot in my home being under 85 feet it may even provide adequate stopping power. Of course I’d defer to your expertise for any pistol length barrel you have in stock. Including a different profile.

My brotha...

26 Inf
08-05-20, 19:05
FaxonNathan hasn't posted for a while.

everready73
08-05-20, 19:39

He hasn't worked for faxon in like 2 years. Their online presence really dropped after he left, it seems like their quality did as well.

Papa bear I believe had a pretty bad experience with them as well as some at the other site. If I wanted a nitride barrel in that price range I would be looking at BA or Rosco. American defense sells criterion nitride barrels as well as black river tactical and they have some really good profiles.

Not sure if faxon is still the OEM for BRT, but I bet Clint would have some better qa/qc in place than them

flenna
08-05-20, 19:57
Let's party like it's December 2016!

ColtSeavers
08-05-20, 23:30

I don't believe he's with Faxon anymore.

And sweet threadomancy trend that's been goin on lately.

Vegas
08-06-20, 00:59
Let's party like it's December 2016!

Everyone loves a necro bump. What about those DSG barrels tho?! :cool: