PDA

View Full Version : Stripped Noveske lowers?

7.62NATO
09-15-08, 20:14
DFDFD

Abraxas
09-15-08, 20:16
I second that

RD62
09-15-08, 20:21
Grant @ G&R had some last time I asked.

That was a few months ago though.

-RD62

Stickman
09-15-08, 20:43
They tend to move pretty quick, I haven't seen them for a little bit.

spamsammich
09-15-08, 20:44
Rainier had some today.

rob_s
09-15-08, 21:21
I'm on Grant's list to hopefully be emailed when he has some more in.

Unfortunately the scarcity of these lately appears to be driving the price up when they do come around. There will be a point of diminishing returns in that regard.

7.62NATO
09-15-08, 21:42
DIAMONDS ARE NOT IN MY FUTURE, UNLESS THE CALIFORNIANS DESTROY ISRAEL

Impact
09-15-08, 21:45
Is there anything special that sets Noveske apart from the other dozen lowers out there, other than the Noveske logo?

nope:cool:

FusionZ06
09-15-08, 22:17
Is there anything special that sets Noveske apart from the other dozen lowers out there, other than the Noveske logo?

Not that I know of.

wahoo95
09-15-08, 22:47

Sure, they look better when paired with a Noveske upper :)

usp45ss
09-15-08, 22:49
Grant had some a few days ago. There are 2 on gunbroker right now, but the guy wants $175 before shipping for them.

I scored one from a guy the other day off TOS. When I went to go pick it up at my dealer's, I was told Noveske lowers were made by Bushmaster by the local gunshop commando. Any truth to that?

MikeCLeonard
09-15-08, 23:19
They are made by LAR Manufacturing, not Bushmaster

AwaySooner
09-15-08, 23:55
Rainierarms is now asking for $165 as well.

Grant had some a few days ago. There are 2 on gunbroker right now, but the guy wants $175 before shipping for them.

I scored one from a guy the other day off TOS. When I went to go pick it up at my dealer's, I was told Noveske lowers were made by Bushmaster by the local gunshop commando. Any truth to that?

usp45ss
09-15-08, 23:56
They are made by LAR Manufacturing, not Bushmaster

I highly suspected it was BS. I just wasn't sure enough to tell him so. Oh well, maybe next time.

UncleJohnny
09-16-08, 00:42
Try cold war shooters.....

45r
09-16-08, 00:51
From an interview with Noveske

Noveske: The lowers on our rifles are made by CMT [Continental Machine and Tool]. We had some made by LAR [LAR Manufacturing, Inc.] with a B prefix on the serial number, but that was a limited production run. We have a PO into another company, but it will depend on approval of the samples.

rob_s
09-16-08, 04:38
I was told Noveske lowers were made by Bushmaster by the local gunshop commando. Any truth to that?

He's not far off. I believe that LAR makes the lowers for Bushmaster and, according to the quote above, made at least one batch for Noveske.

BroVet04
09-16-08, 09:48
So unless you got you mind set on having the word Noveske on your lower, you could also just buy a Stag which is made in the same factory(CMT) and put a high quality lower parts kit in it. Of course you may not want a Stags head on your lower, me I dont really care as long as its in spec my mags drop and my parts fit.

rob_s
09-16-08, 10:10
Something I posted elsewhere

I love the fact that the AR market is as it is right now. It used to be that you had to hunt all over hill and dale to find an in-spec lower that wouldn't be a nightmare to assemble, and now it's so easy for even the worst makers to get them right that we can choose based on little more than the logo on the lower!

When you figure a complete AR project can run upwards of $3k, why not spend another $50 in the beginning to have the logo you want?

BroVet04
09-16-08, 10:31
So pick the logo you want cause they are basically all made the same by the four big manufactuters LAR, CMT, LMT, MEGA. I think it would be cool if they didnt put any Creatures or Logos on em, Just the manufacturer, caliber, serial number like the Nodak recievers. Make sure you bring a mag with you when you buy one to make sure they dont bind in the mag well.

rob_s
09-16-08, 10:32
I just built off a DSA lower because it had the least amount of logo I could find. Superior is another good one with a very understated logo. The Global Tactical ones are OK, but the font they use irks me for some reason.

C4IGrant
09-16-08, 10:37

BM does not make anything so I am not sure how that would even be possible. :rolleyes:

Man there is some really bad info coming out of gun shops these days.

C4

BroVet04
09-16-08, 10:42
I was laughing my ass off when I seen the price of a bushmaster stripped lower on thier website. They want 200 dollars for a stripped LAR lower with a snake on the side,...Thanks but no thanks Bushmaster. Of course they are alot of manufactures marking up there product. I guess if people will continue to pay for it they are willing to sell it to the uninformed. http://www.bushmaster.com/products.asp?cat=5

RD62
09-16-08, 15:26
I picked up a Sabre lower from Grant a few months ago. Very minimal markings, and no big logo. I was gonna get a Noveske he had, but just couldn't justify the additional expense just for the logo on the side. The Sabre went together easily with a CMT parts kit, with no problems. No problems with any of my P-Mags dropping free from it yet either.

-RD62

buddyhoohaw
09-16-08, 20:13
I saw this Aero Precision receiver over at Aim's site and they look pretty decent for $99.00. Does anybody know anything about them?

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/arap15.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y198/buddyhoohaw/arap15back.jpg

Cheers

BAC
09-17-08, 00:37
I think it would be cool if they didnt put any Creatures or Logos on em, Just the manufacturer, caliber, serial number like the Nodak recievers. Make sure you bring a mag with you when you buy one to make sure they dont bind in the mag well.

My last conversation with Mega told me they'd do it if you asked, but given how swamped everyone in the manufacturing side of AR parts has been this last year I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if that info is out-of-date.

-B

BroVet04
09-17-08, 03:49
That aero lower looks good, honestly all forged lowers are pretty much the same as long as they are in spec, the only real difference is the logo / rollmark. Dont fool yourself thinking that because your AR lower has a Tier 1 name on it that it wasnt made by one of the big four manufacturers. The quality of the LPK is what makes the difference. I like that aero lower but im not big on the HK style safe/fire markings. But for $99.00 that cant be beat, I would try one out after I make sure my mags dont bind. Its always a good idea to put your hands on a lower before you purchase it. I like the traditional fire/safe markings better. I think that for a logo Spikes has a pretty cool lookin spider though.

buddyhoohaw
09-17-08, 07:31
I think that for a logo Spikes has a pretty cool lookin spider though.

I am not particularly fond of the Spike's lowers primarily because of the Punisher and Infidel logos often associated with their offerings. :rolleyes:

To each his own I suppose.

Cheers

wahoo95
09-17-08, 09:40
I like their Spider logo as well......especially since the laser engraved extras are optional rather than mandatory. I like mine with the Spider in all black with no extras or colorfilled markings :)

5POINT56
09-17-08, 11:14
I like their Spider logo as well......especially since the laser engraved extras are optional rather than mandatory. I like mine with the Spider in all black with no extras or colorfilled markings :)

That's not a spider, thats Chewbacca.

wahoo95
09-17-08, 11:25
That's not a spider, thats Chewbacca.

Wow, I didn't realize their Chebacca rifle had Chewy engraved on it.........

MassMark
09-17-08, 11:32
I suppose if you want your lower to say Noveske to match your upper, (as some have pointed out), then wait for one. I would also think that a company like Noveske goes a bit farther by inspecting/accepting/rejecting receivers. I have one coming from Anvil and all indications are that it's a beautiful receiver. Mine will be "logo-riffic", as it's part of a group buy on another forum and will have the forum logo laser-etched on the magwell. I'm buying another receiver off of Anvil for a more serious project and like that Anvil's logo is not so busy. It's there, but it's understated enough to suit me and the price is right...

http://www.anvilarms.com/pc-36-19-stripped-lower-receiver.aspx

BAC
09-17-08, 13:01
Anvil Arms will drop the prices pretty nicely for group buys, too.

-B

wichaka
09-23-08, 01:58
Grant, what do you charge for your Noveske lowers when you have them?

AMMOTECH
09-23-08, 06:10
Noveske stripped Lower ..... $180

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=111082976

http://san1.atlanta.gbhinc.com/GB/111082000/111082976/pix1115132171.jpg

C4IGrant
09-23-08, 08:31
Grant, what do you charge for your Noveske lowers when you have them?

I used to charge $135, but I believe that Noveske has raised his prices.

I am currently out of them.

C4