PDA

View Full Version : Issue Discussion: "Warrior" For Sale Items & Disappearance

SHIVAN
09-15-08, 21:02
Please discuss all pertinent data on this user and your items/info here. I locked the other thread to preserve its integrity.

Thanks.

MisterWilson
09-15-08, 21:08
Tag for updates.

sewvacman
09-15-08, 23:52
I'm here.

Cold Zero
09-16-08, 06:28
The For Sale Forum has needed better policing for quite sometime. I hope the victims recover their loses.

sewvacman
09-16-08, 09:09
I would like to add that the cop, when I told him of the situation, recommended waiting 2-3 weeks before calling back to see if Alfonso would remmedy the situation. I would also. Let's give him time to recover from whatever he needs to before anyone starts calling the dogs on him. Of course let's keep on trying to get as much info as possible on him and our options, but as I stated before he was always straight up with me and delivered the goods many times for myself and a lot of other people.

SHIVAN
09-16-08, 09:35
The For Sale Forum has needed better policing for quite sometime. I hope the victims recover their loses.

This sort of commentary, from a party uninvolved with this issue, is not helping the situation. Please refrain from furthering this sort of commentary, or I will start editing the thread to keep it strictly germane to the topic indicated.

If you would like to start another thread to discuss your "issues" somewhere else, that's your perogative.

cohiba
09-16-08, 14:18
PRG and I are on top of this. I will be reaching out to the authorities just to let them know that I will be available for updates. There are a couple of things for them to work out. I will post any updates as I get them. Of course, if anyone feels that they want to redress this themselves, it is your money and I will not tell you not to. I feel however that the fewer people that call the authorities the more time they have to sort this out rather than answer the phone. But still, up to you.

The patience shown here so far is admirable to the point of nearly unbelievable. Let's hope to have a satisfactory end to all this.

PRGGodfather
09-16-08, 19:42
Followed the thread to here.

We're on it, and we will advise as we have more. Anyone inclined to pursue an independent approach is free to do so.

We all hope for a speedy and responsible resolution.

All the best, and be safe!
Alan

sewvacman
09-16-08, 23:41
Thanks for taking charge guys. We all appreciate it.

usp45ss
09-17-08, 00:09
Thanks for taking charge guys. We all appreciate it.

I'll second that. I really appreciate you guys taking the lead.

MisterWilson
09-17-08, 00:17
I'll third that.

By ourselves we'd have a snowball's chance in hell. Now we've got a snowball's chance in Arizona.

cohiba
09-18-08, 13:27
FYI, I contacted the detective assigned this matter via e-mail and gave him all of my contact info at work. E-mail works best for all involved and I can access my work computer from home if need be. It will be best to sit for a bit and see what develops. I will immediately post any pertinent info as I get it. Thanks guys.

MisterWilson
09-24-08, 17:09
Any updates?

sewvacman
10-01-08, 20:17
Over 30 days and counting. I wonder how his recovery is going. No news I take it?

MisterWilson
10-15-08, 14:13
Anything new?

PRGGodfather
10-15-08, 15:48
It's been exactly 30 days since I spoke with Detective Matt Jogodka of the Las Vegas Metro Fraud Unit. We made initial contact on September 15. Cohiba has also made contact with him.

I just sent Det. Jogodka an email to initiate a criminal complaint, and provided him a copy of the original event number and a link to the original sales thread.

Initially, we were told there were TWO Alfonso Ortizes associated with the La Solana address in Vegas. According to Matt, he believed they were father and son. Once the criminal report is made, Matt can begin the investigation with the information he obtains from the thread.

I have already sent him copies of my cancelled check for $100, for a promised Hellcat chest rig that was to be Fedexed to me.

I should have some word from Det. Jogodka shortly.

Once I hear from him, anyone who has money or goods coming should consider sending me a PM, so I can provide you with Det. Jogodka's contact information and the case number, once it is assigned. It may be easier to investigate this matter as a solo event with multiple victims and one suspect.

Be safe,
Alan

sewvacman
10-16-08, 23:45
FYI
When I spoke to the cop who went to his house initially the wife/mother said that the father had not lived there since '96 I believe it was. So I believe we are looking for the younger one.
She might have lied too so who knows. Just thought I would pass it on.

PRGGodfather
10-18-08, 13:20
Det. Jogodka emailed me today. He did a knock and talk and no one was home.

He has a question:

Did anyone buy any firearms from Warrior, and more importantly, did anyone send money for firearms.

Please send me a PM if you are affected by this. Det. Jogodka will need the information to request an arrest warrant.

MisterWilson
10-18-08, 13:48
IM inbound.

usp45ss
10-20-08, 00:11
PM sent.

PRGGodfather
10-20-08, 13:42
I have replied to the PM's.

Please contact Det. Jogodka as soon as you have time. I would encourage you to get all of your information together -- whether it be the PM's or cancelled checks, etc.

He will be incorporating all of this into one investigation, so the quicker you contact, the more likely we will have a positive resolution.

Be safe,
Alan

MassMark
10-23-08, 22:03
I need to read the feedback thread more. I did scan a few pages looking for the original, but could not find it? What happened with Warrior?

I purchased a Troy BUIS from him and it came on time and perfect. Were did he go wrong? Terrible news - I hope those affected by this are made whole...

cohiba
11-05-08, 14:16
I have an update. PM me please.