PDA

View Full Version : Flipdot: NC Star had a good idea (too bad it's NC Star)

mig1nc
12-22-16, 05:41
Check this out: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/21/new-reflex-sights-ncstar/

Basically its a pistol red dot sight that lays flat like a BUIS. Designed for the Glock MOS it fits on RMR cuts/mounts.

Downside? Other than the fact that it's made by NC Star, I could easily see this thing losing zero due to the hood flipping up slightly off (or maybe a lot off) from where it was when you zeroed it.

Digital_Damage
12-22-16, 07:30
Check this out: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/12/21/new-reflex-sights-ncstar/

Basically its a pistol red dot sight that lays flat like a BUIS. Designed for the Glock MOS it fits on RMR cuts/mounts.

Downside? Other than the fact that it's made by NC Star, I could easily see this thing losing zero due to the hood flipping up slightly off (or maybe a lot off) from where it was when you zeroed it.

I see recoil causing all sorts of issues.

ISiman/oh
12-22-16, 07:44
I'm awaiting a extremely low profile sight that attaches to a rail. There is a lot of forearms out there with a rail and irons and I would be nice to cowitness. All the "low profile" reflex sight become not so low profile with the rail mount attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mig1nc
12-22-16, 08:48
I see recoil causing all sorts of issues.
Yeah, I agree there too. Depends on how good the locking mechanism is when is deployed.

Knowing NC Star, probably not good.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

yoni
12-22-16, 11:07
I don't see the need. I have everyday carried a Glock or now a CZ P09 with an Dr Optic,or RMR or Delta point pro since 2001.

The Dr Optic is still going strong on my son's pistol.

mig1nc
12-22-16, 12:27
I don't see the need. I have everyday carried a Glock or now a CZ P09 with an Dr Optic,or RMR or Delta point pro since 2001.

The Dr Optic is still going strong on my son's pistol.
Yeah, I exchanged email with David Bowie (the cop, not the musician) years and years ago about maybe doing my then M&P with a jpoint. Those things lasted forever even back then.

That said, not all sizes fit all body types and carry profiles. I see something like this as offering a solution for some of those folks that would otherwise not carry a pistol optic.

Freaking NC Star though...Man.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk