PDA

View Full Version : FedEx gives discounts to NRA members?

WillBrink
12-22-16, 09:08
That's news to me! You all take advantage of that? Per usual, protestors often alert us to a good thing we may not known of. I don't recall seeing any discounts shipping FedEx. Maybe I didn't look hard enough. I would say, use FedX when ever possible to support their gun friendly policy there if true.

Gun Reform Advocates Call on Fedex To End Discounts to NRA Members

Gun violence prevention advocates, victims of gun violence, and their relatives in Orlando and other cities say FedEx is helping the National Rifle Association grow its membership. A handful of organizers protested Wednesday afternoon outside a FedEx downtown.

The protest was one of several taking place nationwide at the height of the holiday season when millions of customers are using the global shipping company to send gifts to loved ones.

Gun reform advocates are calling on FedEx to leave the National Rifle Association’s Business Alliance. Through the program, NRA members receive discounts from businesses such as FedEx.

At a press conference, newly-elected member of the Florida House of Representatives Carlos Guillermo Smith called FedEx a “corporate enabler,” adding that its discounts allow the NRA to attract more members and strengthen its lobby for the rights of gun owners.

He is urging customers to boycott the company.

Cont:

http://wlrn.org/post/gun-reform-advocates-call-fedex-end-discounts-nra-members

Alex V
12-22-16, 09:17
We use Fed-Ex for all our business mail. Do they give a corporate discount of the owner and second in command are NRA members? lol

RazorBurn
12-22-16, 16:29
I've used Fed Ex for years at the shop, and they do offer commercial discounts. I've never heard of an NRA discount, but would gladly take one for my personal account!

Spiffums
12-23-16, 09:20
I read on TOS the other day that there is a list or something in the back of American Rifleman. I've not thought anymore about it to look and see for myself.