PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Ruger AR-556 machined FSB

91Eunozs
12-23-16, 08:42
Hello, doing a couple custom SBR builds and want to use Ruger's machined FSB/gas block instead of a normal mil-spec FSB.

Tried to get them through Ruger, but no answer after several emails, so I thought I'd try here in case anyone is removing theirs to install a low profile system. These are going on new barrels so the need to drill the slots for the taper pins on top (Ruger) vs. the bottom is not an issue.

Thanks in advance for any help.

91Eunozs
01-05-17, 18:18
Bump...

Finally talked to a Ruger rep today and they won't sell these since they're "factory fitted and installed"... I rolled my eyes but bit my tongue. I get it, especially in litigious America, but it's a bit frustrating when I'm literally trying to throw money at them for a part...even promised to sign a hold harmless release.

After all these years, I think I can figure out how too drill and pin a gas block, even if it's on top of the barrel.

Regardless, still looking for one of these in good used condition if anyone has taken one off...

91Eunozs
01-22-17, 02:05
Bump... still looking for one of these FSBs to complete a build.

Thanks for any leads...

91Eunozs
02-11-17, 13:54
Bump.

Finally found one on fleabay thanks to a tip here, but the auction was abruptly closed 2 days before it was to end... Nothing found since.

Still trying to source one of these to complete a build.

91Eunozs
03-23-17, 20:03
Bump again... Thought I had one sourced from a member here with a trade of one of my extra brand new low profile gas blocks plus cash, but they stopped answering PMs. :(

Hope springs eternal... Certainly someone out there has or wants to switch over to a free float rail...