PDA

View Full Version : Are all BCM barrels dimpled including those with FSB?

ROBZ71LM7
12-27-16, 20:32
I have a BCM 16" BFH mid length I bought direct from BCM this spring with a conventional FSB. Is this barrel likely dimpled under the FSB? Just want to know before I pull it to install a rail and FSB.

hickuleas
12-27-16, 20:49
If the barrel has a FSB then it is pinned so no need for set screws so I would doubt it would be dimpled.

nightchief
12-27-16, 20:55
I have a BCM 16" BFH mid length I bought direct from BCM this spring with a conventional FSB. Is this barrel likely dimpled under the FSB? Just want to know before I pull it to install a rail and FSB.

I have a 16" BCM chf barrel with a sight post I purchased in 2014. The Barrel did not have a dimple under the sight post.
NC

Ryno12
12-27-16, 20:58
No, the BCM barrels with a pinned FSB are not dimpled. The rear pin is right where the dimple would be located on a non FSB barrel.

3 AE
12-27-16, 22:01

I'm assuming you meant to install a low profile gas block and not the FSB. You can save some money by shaving the FSB, a fairly simple procedure, and install the rail of your choice.

markm
12-27-16, 22:06
Dimpling your own barrel is very easy if the taper pin hole doesn't line up for an improvised dimple.

Iraqgunz
12-27-16, 22:52
No, they are not dimpled. Dimpling is for low profile gas blocks, taper pins are for FSB's.