PDA

View Full Version : Long term use reports on Faxon/Ballistic Advantage barrels

friendlyfireisnt
12-28-16, 10:41
Seems a lot of people are going with these two brands lately for their builds. But how are they holding up long term? Anybody running them in high round classes?

I'm thinking of building up a new dedicated training rifle, and am considering using one of the above companies barrels.

Right now, I do have one .300blk BA barrel, but it's a more specialized rifle, so not a high round count setup.

The rest of my barrels are BCM (3), Larue (2) and Daniel Defense.

NWshooter
12-28-16, 11:04
I know it's not exactly high round count but I have a faxon government profile barrel I've had the last couple of years that has 1500-1800 rounds down it and shoots plenty well enough for my needs. I also have a ballistic advantage Hanson barrel that has about 1000 or so, that has also been excellent

FaxonNathan
12-28-16, 14:05
Seems a lot of people are going with these two brands lately for their builds. But how are they holding up long term? Anybody running them in high round classes?

I'm thinking of building up a new dedicated training rifle, and am considering using one of the above companies barrels.

Yep, I beat the snot of of them on a regular basis. Faxon performs fantastically! ;)

In all seriousness and we take real pride in manufacturing our barrels in-house from bar-stock. We make our own blanks (and provide them to many well-known companies), turn, and machine them from the same gun-barrel quality steels used in all mil-spec weapons. Our unabashed goal is to create the best "bang for the buck" possible.

From there, our goal is to provide innovative and balanced profiles (along with the "usual" profiles) dedicated for just this kind of work.

Will certainly encoruaged other customers share their experiences, but if there is anything I or Faxon can do personally, let me know. My e-mail address is below.

fallenromeo
12-28-16, 17:27
I had a BA barrel on an upper that I sold, I only put about 1,000 through it, but it performed well, no issues or complaints. I have not personally had a Faxon barrel yet, but they seem to have a pretty good reputation on this forum from all I have read, they are becoming more common in member's builds that are popping up, and they have great customer service. So if it was me, I would go Faxon. My next build that I am planning will have a faxon gunner barrel on it

bighawk
12-29-16, 19:40
I have 2 14.5 middy BA barrels and one 8" 300 BLK they are all modern series barrels.

One 14.5 has somewhere around 5k on it half of them suppressed with two separate 2 day carbine classes.
The 300 BLK I bought used and I have put about 1000 rounds total to include one class.
All the barrels are consistent and shoot well.

I have never done any precision shooting with them but the best I've ever done with the 14.5 middy is about 2.5moa with a T2 with quality ammo but that's about as good as my eyes and skills will allow with any red dot.

opngrnd
12-29-16, 20:29
I will be building a new upper for a buddy using the 16" gunner barrel. If this thread goes on long enough for the project to come together the round count will probably climb quickly.

friendlyfireisnt
12-29-16, 23:08
Thanks guys for the info.

Nathan, don't worry, I'm already planning on one of your 7.5" .300blk barrels early this next year.