PDA

View Full Version : Velocity Systems Law Enforcement Plate Carrier?

Shagnasty
01-01-17, 08:58
Looking for reviews. I dig the scalability of the carrier, but am curious about comfort.

link (https://www.velsyst.com/law-enforcement-plate-carrier.html)

Dave L.
01-01-17, 11:04
I'm a big fan of the slick style PC's that have Swift-Clip integration.

Comfort depends on your body type and what type of armor you want to use. Padding doesn't always equal comfort.

I can all but guarantee this PC has no padding at all, which I prefer, but YMMV.

drummerdude1188
01-01-17, 14:16
First off what do you intend to use the carrier for?

A few cliff notes before the long winded explanation below:
-The LEPC is the carrier I use at work (LE-Patrol)
-I have a second LEPC set up with lvl 4 plates that I use for working out it at least once a week.
-I have sold over 20 LEPC carriers to fellow officers in the last 3-4 months and have received overwhelmingly positive feedback

I am extremely impressed with the LEPC and use it as my carrier for work (LE-Patrol) for use in the situations that require it. Dave is right there is no padding on the plate pockets and there is minimal but good padding on the shoulder straps. I find that the carrier sits very close to the body and this helps distribute the weight and make it easier to wear. This is especially true when wearing the carrier over a uniform and soft armor vest. Things can get bulky quickly and the LEPC still sits very close to the body over full uniform/soft armor. I run it with the velocity systems triple 5.56 placard. The shoulder straps are close together which to me makes it more comfortable and much easier to shoulder a long gun. The quality is very high and the stitching and overall build quality is excellent. Since I switched from the Strandhogg several months ago I haven't looked back. Over the last 2 years after having used, played with or sold the FS Strandhogg, Velocity Scarab, Shellback Banshee and Patriot, and Warrior DCS and others it is my opinion that the LEPC is one of if not best option for uniformed patrol officers. Simple, low profile, relatively fast to get on, very modular due to the placards, excellent price point.

I also have a second LEPC that I set up with lvl 4 highcom plates and use for working out. Total weight is right at about 15lbs. I try to work out in it at least once a week. I have worked out pretty hard it in including running, burpees, pushups, stairs, tire flips, circuit drills etc etc... outside in the hot TX summer too so it gets nice and sweaty. Its taken a fairly good beating and it has held up great and the the plates do not come undone from the velcro strap during stress. Nor do the shoulder straps loosen up. I have used both the elastic and and molle cummerbunds while working out and again, both have held up extremely well and I haven't noticed any points of failure yet on the carrier as a whole.

As for comfort, even with no padding in the plate pockets the carrier is still very comfortable even during workouts and I don't have any issues with comfort. Doesn't rub and the shoulder straps are comfortable.

Since July I have sold well over 20 of these to fellow officers and the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. I would say it is our most popular carrier and guys in the field really seem to like them.

Id be happy to answer any specific questions. It is a relatively new carrier and there isn't a ton out there on it yet. I did a photo shoot for the website that showcases the carrier a lot better that velocity's photos I think.

https://mountaincreekarmory.com/products/velocity-systems-law-enforcement-plate-carrier-lepc?variant=30051752396

Hope this helps.