PDA

View Full Version : Electronic ear pro

rfairman
01-05-17, 17:27
Need some new ear pro as the ex wife stole all of mine. I've owned a pair of the Howard leights and they were ok. Looking for something better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Co-gnARR
01-05-17, 17:40
I think MSA Sordins are the popular serious duty choice, and the price reflects this. I saw this product the other day, and it looks interesting. Price is cheap, too, so it might serve as a temporary solution until you find what you are looking for.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Otis-Ear-Shield/productDetail/Ear-Protection/prod99999040934/cat100418

rfairman
01-05-17, 18:19
I've got it narrowed down to the two obvious choices the msa sordin or the peltor

WickedWillis
01-05-17, 18:36
I think MSA Sordins are the popular serious duty choice, and the price reflects this. I saw this product the other day, and it looks interesting. Price is cheap, too, so it might serve as a temporary solution until you find what you are looking for.

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/sportsmans/Otis-Ear-Shield/productDetail/Ear-Protection/prod99999040934/cat100418

Which model of Sordins would you guys say are they best?

rfairman
01-05-17, 18:40
I'm looking for the same info I really don't need one with coms at the moment but if it had the capability to add later that would be cool

tacoops
01-05-17, 19:54
The military arms channel had a good video review of the three ear pros mentioned so far. I have Howard's, when I upgrade I will probably get some peltors and upgrade the cushions.

futurerider103
01-05-17, 20:32
I've had my Peltor 100's for over 2yrs. I got them from Home Depot for $48 and I love them. It appears they have gone up in price though

tb-av
01-05-17, 20:49
There was just another thread on this with several replies. Look above at the 2nd sticky thread in this section.

HCrum87hc
01-06-17, 08:39
There's a lot of great info here.

Hearing-protection-Which-one-to-buy (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?9622-Hearing-protection-Which-one-to-buy)

drtywk
01-06-17, 14:15
Duplicate.

drtywk
01-06-17, 14:16
Which model of Sordins would you guys say are they best?

None, but that is just my opinion. Peltor is the way to go, Tac6's or ComTac III's with or without comms. Botach has the non-comm version of the ComTac III with gel ear cups for $250 right now, which is a really good deal. It is Botach, so call before you order. Peltor Tac100's are decent, but they have some clipping issues that most people can't get past.

I am over in Spokane and have multiple sets of Peltor ComTac headsets and you are more than welcome to try before you buy. Let me know.

Wake27
01-06-17, 15:04
I don't know why the Sordins are so popular. They're a little bit more low pro, but the one time I had to change the battery out, it was kind of a pain in the ass. I can do it on my Peltors while they're still on my head. I've never noticed any other difference so I prefer the Comtacs. I think Sordins are overrated, kind of like multitasker. The knife doesn't even lock in place. Wtf. Anyways, different topic.

WickedWillis
01-06-17, 16:05
I am over in Spokane and have multiple sets of Peltor ComTac headsets and you are more than welcome to try before you buy. Let me know.

I may take you up on that. I appreciate that fantastic offer.

slowlowmiata
01-06-17, 16:24
I snagged a pair of those peltors. I really needed to upgrade from my home cheapo specials

this signature exceeds the 15 character capacity count

bighawk
01-06-17, 17:07
I don't know why the Sordins are so popular. They're a little bit more low pro, but the one time I had to change the battery out, it was kind of a pain in the ass. I can do it on my Peltors while they're still on my head. I've never noticed any other difference so I prefer the Comtacs. I think Sordins are overrated, kind of like multitasker. The knife doesn't even lock in place. Wtf. Anyways, different topic.

I got a good deal on Sordins with gel ear cups from SRS tactical on a holiday sale.. They offer good sound, automatic shutoff after a few hours, comfortable, and easy adjustments as well as coming recommended by a few friends.

Jmacken37
02-06-17, 01:27
Peltors or Sordins but be sure to get the Vajayjay (gel) cups.

Boots556
02-11-17, 08:49
Sordins or a good set of peltors are on my list. I have the cheaper set of electronic peltors that fit under my ACH and they work just fine.

Instaurator
02-15-17, 14:56
Are the Sordin's easily integrated into portable communications? i.e. does MSA or an aftermarket producer make add on cables/mic's?

drtywk
02-19-17, 23:56
Are the Sordin's easily integrated into portable communications? i.e. does MSA or an aftermarket producer make add on cables/mic's?

If you get the comms version, yes, if not, nope.

rfairman
02-20-17, 00:15
Sent my sordins in to sea to get modded and fixed. Anyone know what a general turnaround is for them?

contax_shooter
02-20-17, 10:09
Safariland has a 20% promotion for today. Use 'PRESIDENT' for the discount, still puts the DEHP at $332 with the gel cups.

Agile53
03-14-17, 10:37
On steak & BJ day a VG opportunity to save 25% off on TCI earpro & the promo code is GEARUP.

It's for today (3/14/17) ONLY & applies to *arguably* one of the top two earpro choices made, TCI.

DevL
03-22-17, 13:29
Owned several but currently own Peltor Comtac III and Sordin Supreme Pro.

Sound is more natural for Peltor but Sordin gets louder.

Sordin has horrible battery compartment, turns off when stock hits it during recoil, hard to swap batteries, lots of feed back if seal is broken, everthing is annoyingly loud, distance impossible to judge, sucks for comms or helmet integration. Peltor is better in every single way other than max volume. I will trade a multicam Peltor Supreme Pro with LED and gel ear seals and iron forged concepts adapters and a SRS boom mic conversion kit for a Comtac III straight up if anyone disagrees.

BIGUGLY
03-25-17, 09:07
I ponied up for the MSA Sordin's with the gel ear cups. I have a pair of Howard Leights and the MSA is hands down better. If the Leights came with gel ear cups they would be pretty nice, but for a cheap pair of electronic ears they do the job pretty well for the price. But they are not in the same class as the Sordins. DSG arms had them on sale a little while ago for around 250 for the sordins with the gel cups. Having the waterproof compartments for the battery and waterproof electronics is a nice option with the Sordins. I have been caught out in thunderstorms having to do our rifle and handgun quals multiple times.

trinydex
04-21-17, 18:39
I've got it narrowed down to the two obvious choices the msa sordin or the peltor

peltor. never anything else.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?188983-peltor-vs-msa

ubet
04-22-17, 08:01

My Howard leights are 10x better than my peltor muffs were. The electronics went out in the peltor fairly quick. I didn't care for how they fit either, I still use them as a throw in the truck set I don't care about. But compared to the leights, they didn't work near as good at cutting the sound. They were in the $60 range ones, the leights were in the $90 range

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

jpmuscle
04-22-17, 08:46
My Howard leights are 10x better than my peltor muffs were. The electronics went out in the peltor fairly quick. I didn't care for how they fit either, I still use them as a throw in the truck set I don't care about. But compared to the leights, they didn't work near as good at cutting the sound. They were in the $60 range ones, the leights were in the $90 range

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Umm. No. We're talking Peltor Comtac models.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk