PDA

View Full Version : Ukrainian M16's?

Slater
01-12-17, 05:51
It'll be interesting to see if this actually pans out:

"The State Enterprise Ukroboronservis and American Aeroscraft signed a memorandum of cooperation, which involves the production in Ukraine of small arms according to NATO standards.

Ukroboronprom, of which Ukroboronservis is a part, said in a release on 3 January that the first joint project will be a rifle M16 WAC47 model. It provides for the ability of changing barrels, enabling the use of not only NATO caliber ammunition, but also the cartridges used for the Kalashnikov assault rifle."

http://kievreporter.com/news-from-kiev/4272

KalashniKEV
01-12-17, 08:57
It'll be interesting to see if this actually pans out...

It won't.

I'm engaged with Ukraine right now on FMS.

They have Zero (0) dollars for anything other than freebies.

Remember FORT-227 and FORT-228? (Ukrainian Galils)

This is basically the same thing.

In a few months there will be another article:

The State Enterprise (something else) and (other business interest) signed a memorandum of cooperation, which involves the production in Ukraine of small arms according to NATO standards.

Then insert SCAR, BREN, ACR, whatever you want.

It's a mad lib.

In the end they will continue to fight with AKs/PKs/Mortars/Artillery on the most advanced electronic warfare battlefield on the planet today and nobody will care what smoke poles they are hauling.

Firefly
01-12-17, 10:02
Interesting stuff.

What about the Canadians sending their SF equivalent in advisory role to Ukraine?

I saw a Vice docu on it of all things and was admittedly surprised Canada was getting involved like that.

Digital_Damage
01-12-17, 12:28
It won't.

I'm engaged with Ukraine right now on FMS.

They have Zero (0) dollars for anything other than freebies.

Remember FORT-227 and FORT-228? (Ukrainian Galils)

This is basically the same thing.

In a few months there will be another article:

Then insert SCAR, BREN, ACR, whatever you want.

It's a mad lib.

In the end they will continue to fight with AKs/PKs/Mortars/Artillery on the most advanced electronic warfare battlefield on the planet today and nobody will care what smoke poles they are hauling.

Yep, they are not going to be building anything new anytime soon.

I was just over in kharkiv and they are still begging for arms and we are just giving them coms.

SteyrAUG
01-12-17, 15:41
Yep, they are not going to be building anything new anytime soon.

I was just over in kharkiv and they are still begging for arms and we are just giving them coms.

I cry when I think about how many pristine Type 3s ended up in Africa, were in not for the 1968 Gun Control Act they could have been imported and transferable. Ukraine was sitting on an incredible stockpile of them.

KalashniKEV
01-12-17, 17:30
I cry when I think about how many pristine Type 3s ended up in Africa...

WHY?

They're on the battlefield doing bidness. That's a beautiful thing.

Do you feel sad when you see an Orca breech in the wild?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/53/f0/80/53f08032d9c38fc3f43da421ed2650da.jpg

Gee, if it weren't for those traitorous laws signed by the villains Reagan and Johnson, we could have this guy in Sea World...

jpmuscle
01-12-17, 17:36
Kev, sometimes you make me laugh but I'm convinced you have an undiagnosed personality disorder.

I mean that sincerely lol

KalashniKEV
01-12-17, 17:45
Kev, sometimes you make me laugh but I'm convinced you have an undiagnosed personality disorder.

I mean that sincerely lol

Cool.

Also, I guess it's "breach" just like a door.

Makes sense, I guess...

jpmuscle
01-12-17, 18:00
I'd still gladly buy you a beer two fyi

SteyrAUG
01-12-17, 18:04
WHY?

They're on the battlefield doing bidness. That's a beautiful thing.

Do you feel sad when you see an Orca breech in the wild?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/53/f0/80/53f08032d9c38fc3f43da421ed2650da.jpg

Gee, if it weren't for those traitorous laws signed by the villains Reagan and Johnson, we could have this guy in Sea World...

Because I want one. And if not for the law signed by Johnson, there would be no basis for the Hughes Amendment. In fact if not for the 1968 GCA, it wouldn't be necessary to try and undo some of the more draconian aspects of it with the Firearm Owners Protection Act of 1986. Nothing in FOPA would be necessary if not for the 68 GCA.

But by all means keep confusing the good guys with the bad guys.