PDA

View Full Version : The Founder- movie 2017

elephant
01-22-17, 22:19
Just went and saw The Founder tonight staring, Michael Keaton, Nick Offerman and John Carroll Lynch. Really good movie, it wasn't a 2 hour long McDonalds commercial like I assumed it was going to be but tells the tale of Ray Kroc and his rise to "The Founder" of McDonalds from 1954 to 1984. Overall its a good movie, most of the movie takes place in the 1954-1959 era. There is always another side to every story, this story is worth knowing.

Dist. Expert 26
01-23-17, 00:12
My wife wants to see it, knowing now that it isn't awful I'm more inclined to go with her. Hopefully we can check it out this week.

Moose-Knuckle
01-23-17, 04:19
Ray Kroc has always intrigued me, this will be a rental. Looks great.

Micheal Keaton is a very underrated actor.

duece71
01-23-17, 07:31
I want to see it as well. Looks good.

JC5188
01-23-17, 10:52
Ray Kroc has always intrigued me, this will be a rental. Looks great.

I've liked Keaton since "Night Shift"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

austinN4
01-23-17, 11:37

Underrated?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Keaton

Keaton's critically praised lead performance in Birdman (2014) earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy, the Critics' Choice Award for Best Actor and Best Actor in a Comedy, and nominations for the Screen Actors Guild Award, British Academy Film Award, and Academy Award for Best Actor.

He previously received a Golden Globe Award nomination for his performance in Live from Baghdad (2002) and a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for The Company(2007). Keaton was awarded a Career Achievement Award from both the Hollywood Film Festival and Zurich Film Festivals.

On January 18, 2016, he was named Officer of Order of Arts and Letters in France.

He is also a visiting scholar at Carnegie Mellon University.

chuckman
01-23-17, 14:38
Underrated?

Keaton's critically praised lead performance in Birdman (2014) earned him a Golden Globe Award for Best Actor in a Musical or Comedy, the Critics' Choice Award for Best Actor and Best Actor in a Comedy, and nominations for the Screen Actors Guild Award, British Academy Film Award, and Academy Award for Best Actor.

He previously received a Golden Globe Award nomination for his performance in Live from Baghdad (2002) and a Screen Actors Guild Award nomination for The Company(2007). Keaton was awarded a Career Achievement Award from both the Hollywood Film Festival and Zurich Film Festivals.

On January 18, 2016, he was named Officer of Order of Arts and Letters in France.

I would interpret "underrated" as his popularity among movie-goers not quite matching his critical acclaim. I mean, I still see him as Johnny Dangerously.

Moose-Knuckle
01-24-17, 01:10
Underrated?

See chuckman's post above for the intent of my post.

Also, the stuff you posted was not until 2002, 2014, and 2016.

I've been a fan of Keaton's since Gung Ho (1986) and Batman (1989).

Here is a bit of trivia for you gents, his first acting gig was on Mr. Rodgers Neighborhood.

elephant
01-24-17, 18:37
Michael Keaton should have won an Oscar, Golden Globe, Peoples Choice Award, Critics Choice Award, Teen Choice Award, Nobel Peace Prize and slimed at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for his breath taking performance on 1983's Mr. Mom.

Moose-Knuckle
01-25-17, 04:32
Michael Keaton should have won an Oscar, Golden Globe, Peoples Choice Award, Critics Choice Award, Teen Choice Award, Nobel Peace Prize and slimed at the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards for his breath taking performance on 1983's Mr. Mom.

Another John Hughes classic!