PDA

View Full Version : NFL Playoff Blow-Outs...

Singlestack Wonder
01-23-17, 06:58
Was anyone else surprised with the total break down of the Packers and Steelers yesterday? WTF....

chuckman
01-23-17, 07:17
Surprised? No.

And the Falcons look like last year's Panthers, and will likely get the same result in the Super Bowl.

Digital_Damage
01-23-17, 08:11
Was anyone else surprised with the total break down of the Packers and Steelers yesterday? WTF....

Neither should have made it to the conference finals.

Patriots had one of the easiest roads in the playoffs in recent memory. Their division can be thanked for that.

Packers caught a flat footed cowboys team, but if the cowboys and packers played ten time it would be the cowboys winning 8 of them.

Digital_Damage
01-23-17, 08:18
Surprised? No.

And the Falcons look like last year's Panthers, and will likely get the same result in the Super Bowl.

Falcons look nothing like the Panthers.

Panthers were all gadget option plays and leaning on a couple of stars. All Denver had to do is spy Newton and rattle the man child. That formula is now being used by all teams and that is why Carolina sucks now.

The Falcons have the same amazing balance of play the Patriots use on offense. The Defenses will decide the game, Atlanta's has stepped up during the playoffs and New England's has always been good. It will be a one possession contest.

JC5188
01-23-17, 08:40
Neither should have made it to the conference finals.

Patriots had one of the easiest roads in the playoffs in recent memory. Their division can be thanked for that.

Packers caught a flat footed cowboys team, but if the cowboys and packers played ten time it would be the cowboys winning 8 of them.

This^^^

Dallas spotted GB a 21-3 1st qtr lead, had questionable play-calling and piss-poor time management, and still only lost by a FG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LowSpeed_HighDrag
01-23-17, 08:56
Surprised? No.

I completely disagree. I am NO Falcons fan (learned to hate them 18 years ago in the SB against my Broncos) but they are as well-rounded of a team as you'll see this year. The Panthers were as much of a fluke as the Broncos were, and the team that was the least "flukish" won. The Falcons/Patriots are both very good teams with too many weapons to count.

Watrdawg
01-23-17, 09:19
Wasn't surprising. Both the Packers and Steelers had mediocre seasons and came on hot at the end of the season. Falcons and Patriots have played very well all year. I'm thinking the Patriots Defense will slow down the Falcons offense and the Patriots will win in a close fairly high scoring game.

usmcvet
01-23-17, 10:07
Pats Fan here. I've been one all of my life. I was crushed as a kid when the Bears Destroyed the Pats in 1986, 46-10! I had to look that score up. I thought it was 49-10. I don't remember the 1996 loss to Green Bay. I was at the police academy then and missed the game. It is great when your team is in the big game. I hope the Pats win. It should be a good game.

MeanRider
01-23-17, 10:41
As soon as Mason Crosby missed the first field goal, l knew it was over. GB is my team and am sad to them lose, but like others said they were on borrowed time. I look forward to a good game coming up and will root for Atlanta.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Big A
01-23-17, 10:53
Anybody hear from Ryno12?

Last time Atlanta was on fire like this was when a guy named Sherman paid the city a visit...

docsherm
01-23-17, 11:13
Anybody hear from Ryno12?

Last time Atlanta was on fire like this was when a guy named Sherman paid the city a visit...

What, like when I was there 3 years ago???? ......... ;)

donlapalma
01-23-17, 11:17
I was a tad more surprised by the thumping that the Packers got. The Steelers losing Bell to injury was critical for them but even if he was in the game I don't think they could've overcome the Patriots.

I have no vested interest in any of the teams. I just wanted to be entertained. Hopefully the Super Bowl will deliver the goods.

chuckman
01-23-17, 11:20
Falcons look nothing like the Panthers.

Number 1 offense, number 1 offense. League MVP, the probable league MVP. Blow-outs during the playoffs. Actually, last year's Panther were statistically better than this year's Falcons in just about every stat. Gadget plays? Carolina's offense last year was very balanced. Take off your fan-boy glasses.

I agree probable one-possession win in the SB. Smart money is on New England. Green Bay scored when they should not, with half of the offensive starters out or injured.