PDA

View Full Version : Hip holster for MP-5K / Vz-61 type pistols?

Ron3
01-24-17, 20:39
Not finding much out there except for airsoft.

Leather, nylon, kydex, not picky about it. Just want something durable and secure. No shoulder or chest holsters.

I might have better with a holster made for generic large pistols like Desert Eagles or large revolvers like Ruger Super Redhawks. Secured with a flap is fine as long as it's not just velcro.

I'm sure someone else here has holstered up an MP-5K or similar.

DirectTo
01-25-17, 02:08
Maybe reach out to these guys? They got some press last year or in 15 for making an AR holster, they might could whip you something up: http://www.tenxammo.com/AR_Holster.html

Alternatively your best bet may be finding someone local to do custom kydex work since a) you could customize it and b) I imagine there aren't many if any holster makers who have an MP5K blue gun to model off of. It'll be an interesting design for sure.

Joe R.
01-25-17, 12:36
No idea on a hip holster, however back in the day there were several options for shoulder rigs for the MP5K which might work for you. Not sure what's currently available but it could be an avenue to pursue.

Ron3
01-29-17, 19:33
Thanks guys

MadDog
02-01-17, 15:01
Leather belt holsters (with a strap so you can shoulder it as well) can be found quite often on Gunbroker for the VZ61. The holster is sized so you can keep a smaller 10 round mags in the mag well. I believe Checkpoint USA (the importers of the line of VZ's) has them on their web site.

Bret
02-01-17, 15:26
My VZ61 came with a black holster. Czechpoint-USA offers leather VZ61 holsters on their website.

Ron3
02-01-17, 17:24
Thanks. I have the black nylon holster but don't care for it's velcro flap. Also the stitching doesn't seem very durable on the belt loop.

I though the military-issue leather shoulder holster was a shoulder-holster only? No?

I have a couple military leather hip-holsters coming. I couldn't find any new ones just "very good".

The nylon holster would be better for boxed storage because they don't retain moisture.

I gotta say when it comes to shooting a pistol fast and accurately, nothing has been better for me than the Vz-61. Low recoil, huge sights (modded a little), and a very light, good feeling trigger with a short reset = Fast and accurate. (after I got over the bump-firing honey-moon and treated it like an actual pistol)

Bret
02-01-17, 19:58
Pistol? Here's mine.
https://s28.postimg.org/xcdezktrh/Scorpion_SBR_Stock_Extended.jpg

I have a parts kit to build as well.