PDA

View Full Version : PRI Charging Handel

Killer Angel
09-19-08, 10:04
Has anyone out there ever tried out the charging handel made by PRI(Precision Reflex Industries?It's suppose to divert gasses away from your face.What do you think of it?Does it really work?Would it be worth getting one for a M4 carbine with a 14.5 Inches barrel?
Thanks.

WesleyCE
09-19-08, 10:07
Try doing a search for "Gas Buster". I have never used one but from what I have read on here they work well if you are running a supressed set up.

markm
09-19-08, 10:09
Would it be worth getting one for a M4 carbine with a 14.5 Inches barrel?

If you have a silencer that kicks a lot of gas back maybe. I run my can on my 14.5 with the standard charging handle and have no issues.

Even if I was having a gas problem,:p I wouldn't pay the price they want for that charging handle.

C4IGrant
09-19-08, 10:11
Has anyone out there ever tried out the charging handel made by PRI(Precision Reflex Industries?It's suppose to divert gasses away from your face.What do you think of it?Does it really work?Would it be worth getting one for a M4 carbine with a 14.5 Inches barrel?
Thanks.

They are the best, but not for the reason most people buy them. They are strong. Having snapped CH's in the past, I have NEVER been able to break one of these.

Money well spent (whether you run a can or not).

C4

Killer Angel
09-19-08, 10:16
They are the best, but not for the reason most people buy them. They are strong. Having snapped CH's in the past, I have NEVER been able to break one of these.

C4

Grant,
I just ordered one from your store(GR Tactical).
Thanks.

Stephen_H
09-19-08, 10:32

C4

I will agree with Grant for the same reasons. I think it does a so-so job of diverting gases out of your face; especially on short barreled guns, but it is hella stout. I will add that the roll pin should be replaced every 3 to 5,000 rounds as I have seen them break (probably because of the added leverage of the steel "Big Latch"). I replace my PRI roll pins when I do my 5K round overhaul. I would love it if PRI replaced that roll pin with a solid pin that is hydraulically pressed in place.

Stephen

rob_s
09-19-08, 10:41
One of these days this will get "stickied" or put into one of the knowledgebase link threads.

Colt left PRI right

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/Gas%20Buster/1614856gasbusterback.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/Gas%20Buster/1614859gasbusterfront.jpg

Colt top PRI bottom

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/Gas%20Buster/1614858gasbustertop.jpg

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q111/rob_s/gun%20stuff/Gas%20Buster/1614860gasbusterbottom.jpg

Fringe
09-19-08, 12:30
Something I've noticed. When you buy just the PRI latch, it looks like the one on Rob_s's Colt CH, but otherwise, it looks like the one on the whole PRI charging handle where the round bit that is nice on your hands looks like it is welded on, but on its own it doesn't.
Anyone else notice this?

PRGGodfather
09-19-08, 13:50
I have two PRI's on the rifles that are adapted for suppressors. I got them specifically for their gas busting properties. PRI's are fantastic and exceptionally sturdy.

They are also very pricey, and simply, most people probably do not need them.

GNXII
09-19-08, 17:47
I've used one in 5.56 and 7.62 and the 7.62 works very well at gas "busting", 5.56 is not that noticeable but still works to a smaller extent. I think it would be worth while in 6.8 also. :cool:

parker7777
09-19-08, 19:13
The pri gas buster is a great addition to a AR.

LSK
09-20-08, 09:14
I have been using them for years. If you run the CH with your left hand they are the way to go.

KMM696
09-22-08, 07:44
Question on these - the PRI would appear to divert gas towards a lefty shooters face, right?

Thanks

Kevin

C4IGrant
09-22-08, 08:23
Question on these - the PRI would appear to divert gas towards a lefty shooters face, right?

Thanks

Kevin

As someone that shoots an SBR (suppressed) with the GB (left handed), it is a none issue.

C4