PDA

View Full Version : Anything similar or better than the BCM ELPK?

Sipank96
01-28-17, 20:47
I'm trying to assemble a couple AR's and I've been looking for a bcm elpk for a month now as I'm sure many others have been. Are there any lpk's out there that are similar or better than the one bcm offers but in a similar price range? (under $150)

bsoileau24
01-28-17, 21:01
http://sionicsweaponsystems.com/store2015/lower-receiver-parts/65-bolt-carrier-group-hpmpi-tested-with-np3-carrier.html
I have one of there lpk from when they first released them. I find them to be good quality and value.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

SteveL
01-28-17, 21:11
I agree with the Sionics recommendation.

C-grunt
01-28-17, 21:31
I've been using that Sionics trigger for a while now. I think I got one of the first ones out. Great trigger. I would highly recommend it.

kenny256
01-28-17, 21:32
I bought the best LPK sionics had for two lower build on there stripped lowers....

They are truly fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cold/Bore
01-28-17, 21:44
I liked my Sionics lpk too. I had some Colt lpks sans triggers and picked up a Sionics lpk with the intention of using just the enhanced g.i. trigger, but I ended up using the whole thing and left the Colt parts in the bag for another project. Very good quality.

Iraqgunz
01-28-17, 23:52
I'd probably take a look at SIONICS.

Kdubya
01-29-17, 00:19
ALG has kits that include either their QMS or ACT trigger. Although, depending which you choose, the grip is not included. Still, they all come in around $100, so you'd have some cash left over to select your own grip. Geissele puts out excellent products, whether it's straight from the mothership or one of the subsidiaries. ALG is no exception to that rule.

Jormungandr
01-29-17, 02:18
Sionics or Sons of Liberty Gun Works

556BlackRifle
01-29-17, 02:44
Another vote for Sionics.

JasonB1
01-29-17, 12:17
Had good luck with a Palmetto State EPT using one for over a year for matches, practice, and hunting.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-pa10-enhanced-polished-trigger.html

Recently added a Toms Tactical:
http://www.tomstactical.com/Toms-Tactical-AR-15-Enhanced-Nickel-Teflon-Trigger-Group_p_169.html

So no long term experience with the TT, but pull weight/feel of it and the PSA are indistinguishable from my BCM Enhanced.

All 3 types are slightly better than an ALG QMS I have which has a bit more grittiness than the 3 polished types I have, but was still much better than a stock trigger when new.

Vegas
01-29-17, 12:43
I'd probably take a look at SIONICS.
How does the Sionics trigger compare to the ALG Act trigger?

Thanks.

556BlackRifle
01-29-17, 15:47

Thanks.

Not IG but IMO it's equal. I like BCM as well but in my experience I prefer the Sionics Enhanced and ALG ACT trigger a bit more.

Iraqgunz
01-29-17, 16:47
The SIONICS trigger has Nickel/PTFE not Nickel Boron. Average trigger pull is between 6-6.5 lbs.

Thanks.

Kdubya
01-29-17, 22:30
Came across this sale today. Brownells Geissele BGRF or BG2SE complete LPKs for only $199 (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/lower-parts-kits/ar-15-lower-parts-kit-w-geissele-triggers-prod81512.aspx).

If you could stomach spending a little more than the $150 this is a really good deal. While the ACT, Sionics, & BCM enhanced versions are good, the triggers in these Brownells kits are markedly better; unless you're only looking at mil-spec options. With the rest of the LPK, I'd generally have confidence with what Brownells offers. Even if an issue were to arise, they're pretty reliable when it comes to making things right for the customer.

rajahdat
01-29-17, 22:46
sionics +1 never had issues.

Iraqgunz
01-29-17, 23:45
Just a few points.

The Brownells kit you link to, is basically double the price of the ALG, BCM or SIONICS kits.

The aforementioned companies have always taken care of any issues to my knowledge.

The G2S is obviously a different trigger which wasn't part of his requirement.

Came across this sale today. Brownells Geissele BGRF or BG2SE complete LPKs for only $199 (http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/parts-kits/lower-parts-kits/ar-15-lower-parts-kit-w-geissele-triggers-prod81512.aspx).

If you could stomach spending a little more than the $150 this is a really good deal. While the ACT, Sionics, & BCM enhanced versions are good, the triggers in these Brownells kits are markedly better; unless you're only looking at mil-spec options. With the rest of the LPK, I'd generally have confidence with what Brownells offers. Even if an issue were to arise, they're pretty reliable when it comes to making things right for the customer.

Kdubya
01-30-17, 01:03
Just a few points.

The Brownells kit you link to, is basically double the price of the ALG, BCM or SIONICS kits.

The aforementioned companies have always taken care of any issues to my knowledge.

The G2S is obviously a different trigger which wasn't part of his requirement.

I don't disagree with any of that. I only mentioned it given OPs initial budget, and wouldn't have brought it up if he hadn't put a dollar figure out there. Yes, the Geissele variants are in a completely different territory, but if he thought upgrading the trigger might someday be a possibility, the savings in the long run could be worth considering.

Also, my mention of Brownells service wasn't intended to infer anything about the other companies' levels of CS. I don't have any doubt the companies mentioned would take care of a customer in correcting an issue.

JDR556
01-30-17, 16:37
Deleted

mr.tickle
01-30-17, 20:12
Rainer Arms has BCM LPKs in stock now.