PDA

View Full Version : Button down shirts with breakaway side seams

Derek33
01-31-17, 11:41
Hey guys,

I very rarely use an owb holster, but when I do I'm constantly fighting to keep my shirt out of the way. (Hate tucking in my shirts)

I was looking into finding a shirt that has a breakaway seam. Whether it be velcrow, zipper, button, etc. this way my shirt will hang normally and I don't have to bunch the sides of my shirts behind my mags and holster.

The only ones I found are in a tactical brown or something along the duty line. I was hoping to avoid that.

Cherries apparel makes a nice flannel with a breakaway side seam (as long as you ignore that whole ccw patch nonsense) but they run about 75 bucks. I was hoping to pick up a couple of shirts for that price.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!
Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

travistheone
01-31-17, 13:12
is the shirt getting in the way on the draw? what about grabbing and pulling the entire front of the shirt straight up?

Inkslinger
01-31-17, 14:19
Practicing clearing your cover garment will probably be faster than dealing with any type of breakaway seam.

Derek33
01-31-17, 14:20
is the shirt getting in the way on the draw? what about grabbing and pulling the entire front of the shirt straight up?

I'm sorry I may not have described myself very well. I'm addressing when I'm at the range and wearing an owb holster not concealed. I try to tuck my shirt behind my holster as best as possible but most shirts are a bit long on me so I have a lot of shirt fabric that bunched up behind the holster and gets in my way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allen
01-31-17, 14:54
Talk to a local tailor about altering a shirt for you. Before they went under I had zTailor do 4-6 dress shirts fix the arms and tuck the sides for $15 a pop.

Al

travistheone
01-31-17, 16:54
http://www.artofmanliness.com/2014/04/15/how-tuck-in-shirt/

there is a diagram detailing the "military tuck". This should solve your problem.