PDA

View Full Version : SHOT 2017 News?

MistWolf
01-31-17, 18:34
No news, photos or reviews from SHOT 2017?

WickedWillis
01-31-17, 18:41
No news, photos or reviews from SHOT 2017?

SMG Lee usually does a SHOT forum.

El Cid
01-31-17, 21:44
SMG Lee usually does a SHOT forum.

Well everyone I know who went has been sick since they got back. Maybe he's drinking NyQuil from the bottle?

RHINOWSO
02-16-17, 11:50
No news, photos or reviews from SHOT 2017?IMO, it was pretty underwhelming.

Stickman
02-17-17, 22:50
IMO, it was pretty underwhelming.

I don't think SHOT has anywhere near the clout that it did at one time. The internet has stolen its thunder. A company can now release good pictures and info, instead of having blurry horrid images and incorrect info cluttering up search engines. The costs associated with SHOT don't help either.

gamewarden
03-03-17, 16:04
There was a ton of precision rifle stuff. Actions, chassis, triggers, ammunition, etc... I can hardly look at an AR there. But I agree the internet does take some of the wind out of SHOT's sails. However, you still get to handle product and get questions answered which helps gauge a particular item. I really think the range days are the most beneficial...it's just that they have only a sampling of what's at the show. All and all I still enjoy the atmosphere associated with SHOT.

RHINOWSO
03-04-17, 19:40
There was a ton of precision rifle stuff. Actions, chassis, triggers, ammunition, etc... I can hardly look at an AR there. But I agree the internet does take some of the wind out of SHOT's sails. However, you still get to handle product and get questions answered which helps gauge a particular item. I really think the range days are the most beneficial...it's just that they have only a sampling of what's at the show. All and all I still enjoy the atmosphere associated with SHOT.
Oh I enjoyed going and you are right, for some not typical gun store stuff, it is great to get hands on with it. But a good 80% of people there are just sightseeing, hooked to some FFL or media organization that doesn't do much. I personally appreciated getting behind a ton of quality optics to see them firsthand.

Doc. Holiday
03-06-17, 08:42
My buddy went and said it was by far the worst SHOT show he's been too. He said he has specific appointments with a few vendors and they constantly pushing his appointment out or cutting it short due to YouTubers and other media doing reports and blogs. He said that was his last time going due to all the rudeness he encountered.

gamewarden
03-06-17, 12:11
Oh I enjoyed going and you are right, for some not typical gun store stuff, it is great to get hands on with it. But a good 80% of people there are just sightseeing, hooked to some FFL or media organization that doesn't do much. I personally appreciated getting behind a ton of quality optics to see them firsthand.

I don't disagree with you at all. It's definitely a who's who of the YouTube world! I think it would be a terrible venue to do business in (at least how it is now). I'm fortunate I get to go every so often and bring back information to my department and or setup T&E's.

artoter
03-12-17, 18:45
I have never been to one....should have went to the one that was in Indianapolis, but I had to work. The other shows, that are further out, are just too cost prohibitive for me.

556BlackRifle
04-12-17, 18:38
I'm not sure but there were some negative posts in the 2016 section (may have been cleaned up) and maybe he just said f#ck it - not worth my time. Same kind of stuff that ran off other great contributors to the M4C forums.

militarymoron
04-13-17, 08:30
SMG Lee's been super busy but plans to do a 2017 update when he can.

FondaBellamy
04-28-17, 00:23
Me to I never been to one.

FondaBellamy
04-28-17, 00:25
Me too I have never been to one.

recon
01-22-18, 11:43
So anyone going to the Shot Show this time around?

RAM Engineer
01-23-18, 11:54
I think we can stick a fork in this whole subforum.

MeanCarbine
01-23-18, 18:38
SMG Lee's been super busy but plans to do a 2017 update when he can.

Man, really really busy. LOL
Better hurry, 2018 is here now.

WickedWillis
01-23-18, 18:40
Man, really really busy. LOL
Better hurry, 2018 is here now.

Or just jump on his his Instagram and check out all the awesome stuff he's posting.

https://www.instagram.com/smglee/

Stickman
01-23-18, 20:22
Or just jump on his his Instagram and check out all the awesome stuff he's posting.

https://www.instagram.com/smglee/

That doesn’t help the forum at all....

WickedWillis
01-23-18, 20:34

I understand that, and I'm sure Lee will post on here when he is wrapped up with the events at SHOT.

RHINOWSO
01-26-18, 16:32
Funny thing is I see those photos and it only makes my feet hurt, remembering all the walking of a SHOT Show. And it's not so much the walking, as all the standing. Slow people. Pull carts full of cheap freebies. Everything you want to see is at opposite ends of the show. And of course you are hung over and need to turpentine bath to wash Vegas off of you.

CCK
01-28-18, 08:54

oh no! how dare someone not think of the forum first.