PDA

View Full Version : Buying optics from government auctions?

Codename46
02-03-17, 00:02
I've seen some folks around various forums and facebook selling what appears to be surplus optics from government auctions. Does anyone know where these auctions are being held? I tried searching the usual DRMO auction sites like govliquidation and they only have really old MOLLE gear.

Digital_Damage
02-03-17, 09:48
I've seen some folks around various forums and facebook selling what appears to be surplus optics from government auctions. Does anyone know where these auctions are being held? I tried searching the usual DRMO auction sites like govliquidation and they only have really old MOLLE gear.

Last time I reviewed the rules about 4 years ago Optics were not allowed to be sold as surplus.

bamashooter
02-03-17, 10:00
Stolen or grabbed from trash. Before I retired from the government, one day I ran across some guys tossing hundreds upon hundreds of of old 5.56 magazines into a dumpster. At the time I didn't own a personal AR and had no desire to do so. I still snagged probably 150 or so just for friends who might want some. Managed to give away most of them. They were fully serviceable but when it's time to replace the old with the new, that's how it would go down normally.