PDA

View Full Version : Aero Precision lowers with U forge mark?

Glock9mm1990
02-04-17, 18:58
So I bought 2 Aero Precision striped lowers today and I noticed both have a U forge mark on the right hand side of the magwell. 43850 43851 Sorry about the lighting. Has anyone run into this? Should this concern me at all?

I just thought its weird because my first Aero Build with a BCM 16" KMR Alpha upper does not have that U forge mark, also I put 480 rounds flawlessly on its first outting as a side note :D. 43852

Also one other thing both have consecutive serial numbers meaning they are from the same batch but I noticed one the wall is just barely thinner then the other one. I have no way to messure it though and you probably will not be able to tell from this picture. Could this mean one or both are out of spec or is this normal?43853 43854

TacticalMark
02-04-17, 19:14
The Forge marks mean nothing (besides where they were forged). I've seen Aero's with a few different forgings square and keyhole. Core shift during machining can happen and is probably the cause for one side being thinner then the other. It doesn't awful to me and I would assemble them and see if they function.

JasonB1
02-04-17, 19:23
Just a forge marking, not a blemish indicator.