PDA

View Full Version : Replacement for Photo Bucket Image Storage & Sharing

RobertTheTexan
02-06-17, 16:07
I've been using photobucket for a few years now. I have quite a few images uploaded, not a whole lot but over 1,000. I noticed Euro having PB issues and others. Lately I've been having issues with my account.

I searched the forum and found a thread for testing pic uploads and they recommended photobucket.com and flikr.com

So the question is: do you use a good image storage/sharing service other than photo bucket and Flickr that you could recommend?

Thanks!!!

RTT

SteyrAUG
02-06-17, 16:59
Imgur.com

tb-av
02-06-17, 17:10
Somewhere in the recent Stickman threads he mentions two places. I think one was Flkr and I opened an account there. I really don't like the interface. In fact the first time I went back, I couldn't even find my pictures. I can't for the life of me remember the other one.

I think it was FLkr I signed to . It is BLOG style, which UI have little use for.

If you have adobe CS, the actual cloud... I think most of those subscriptions come with a web presence.

Some other web hosts are artist oriented for music and art like squarespace.

Honestly, I don't think you get a whole lot of control on any of them if it's free. It's like a drop spot and they sort of place it into their model.

ETA... maybe it was imgur that I signed with... it was one of those that are spelled oddly.

contax_shooter
02-06-17, 17:55
Flickr is good.

C-grunt
02-06-17, 18:20
Dude Ive been having serious issues with photobucket lately too. Was trying to sell a rifle and it was so slow and kept crashing. It literally took 10 minutes to post one picture in my thread.

M Sadler
02-06-17, 20:54
Why not google drive?

RobertTheTexan
02-06-17, 21:09
Why not google drive?

That's what you use? Do you have a public access folder that you point the IMG tag to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

notorious_ar15
02-06-17, 22:18
Dude Ive been having serious issues with photobucket lately too. Was trying to sell a rifle and it was so slow and kept crashing. It literally took 10 minutes to post one picture in my thread.
For me Chrome works the best - Firefox & IE both give me problems with the stupid Photobucket pop-over page ads that make you click "continue to site"...

If it crashes, I have also found it better to just close out the window & reload it again.

RazorBurn
02-06-17, 23:08
Photobucket has been crap for at least the past year. I opened up an Imgur account, and have been slowly moving my files over. I figure Photobucket is deliberately making it crap to force free users to pay for smooth interface. I've had a Photobucket account for a hella long time, and it's become pretty much useless.

RobertTheTexan
02-07-17, 00:54
Photobucket has been crap for at least the past year. I opened up an Imgur account, and have been slowly moving my files over. I figure Photobucket is deliberately making it crap to force free users to pay for smooth interface. I've had a Photobucket account for a hella long time, and it's become pretty much useless.

I can assure you that paying makes no difference. I laid up and it still sucks.
Super slow and crashes both on iPhone and laptop. I created both imgur and Flickr and will see which one works best. I usually use Chrome. I also have a terabyte is storage on Google I might as well try that too.

M Sadler
02-07-17, 16:03
That's what you use? Do you have a public access folder that you point the IMG tag to?

Yes... You can point to an individual picture or a folder.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

RazorBurn
02-07-17, 20:00
I can assure you that paying makes no difference. I laid up and it still sucks.
Super slow and crashes both on iPhone and laptop. I created both imgur and Flickr and will see which one works best. I usually use Chrome. I also have a terabyte is storage on Google I might as well try that too.

Thanks for that information. I had considered trying the pay version of Photobucket to see if it made a difference. I'm glad I didn't.

DirectTo
02-07-17, 21:11
Imgur.com
I bailed on photobucket a few years ago for Imgur...it's a simple and great site. I'd recommend it.

RobertTheTexan
02-07-17, 23:26
I bailed on photobucket a few years ago for Imgur...it's a simple and great site. I'd recommend it.

Imgur is looking pretty good so far. I'm also going to give my google drive a shot. I have a boatload of storage there that's needs using.

Stickman
02-17-17, 20:09
I've been using photobucket for a few years now. I have quite a few images uploaded, not a whole lot but over 1,000. I noticed Euro having PB issues and others. Lately I've been having issues with my account.

I searched the forum and found a thread for testing pic uploads and they recommended photobucket.com and flikr.com

So the question is: do you use a good image storage/sharing service other than photo bucket and Flickr that you could recommend?

Thanks!!!

RTT

While I use Flickr, I am much more impressed with Tumblr. The image quality stays very high, and I've yet to see any compression issues.

Rayrevolver
02-17-17, 20:26
Funny, I just searched the same topic and looked at Imgur vs Flickr. Since I have a yahoo account Flickr was easy to try out. Photobucket has been shite and frustrating for months and months. I wish there was an easy way to output all my PB photos to Flickr so I can be done with it.

tb-av
02-17-17, 23:05
Here's another site

https://500px.com/