PDA

View Full Version : Best Beer/Bro Weekend City in EU

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-11-17, 02:38
I get to go to the EU for an extended business trip and have a weekend free. I have a college buddy over there and we get together and have a boozy beer weekend every once in awhile. We've done Rome, Cologne, Munich, Prague. Both history buffs too. Time frame late March. Anyone got any suggestions for a good beer weekend? I thought that we had enough service and other guys who spent time over there that someone might come up with a good one. Berlin? Budapest? Vienna?

prdubi
02-11-17, 05:10
Come to Budapest. .can go shooting ...we got things cheap here ..

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Pilot1
02-11-17, 05:36
If you like beer, Brussels is a great choice. I used to have an office there, and Belgian beer is fantastic, plus it is a beautiful city.

Arik
02-11-17, 07:09
Anywhere in Belgium or Prague. Prague even has hotels with bathtubs that fill with fresh beer

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

polydeuces
02-11-17, 07:52
Try Düsseldorf or Cologne. Each know for their own beer style, 'Düsseldorf Alt' and Kölsh, both with lots of brewpups.
Then theres Prague visually amazing and sensational pilsners, and of course, Paris, never to be outdone for its food. Just too many choices. Maybe read up on beerstyles, tase a few and see what grabs you. Great excuse to drink more beer....
Though it looks like you covered a few of those already.
Vienna is gorgeous and more known for wine (try a 'heurige' type of cafe) and kaffee stuberl.....
Yeah, Brussels, they are feaks with beer.
Berlin, no doubt. Too many choices

soulezoo
02-11-17, 11:18
Agreed with the choices. I will have to throw in a vote for Brussels as well. However that place can be damned expensive.
Dude is right about Budapest. Although I have not been there since Bosnia was going on. Some nice girlies too.

Averageman
02-11-17, 11:20
Amsterdam, then I might try Brussels.
Just too much crazy stuff going on at night in Amsterdam, you turn a corner and its "Kaboom"! Crazy stuff everywhere.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-11-17, 12:15
I get to go to Brussels for work a fair amount. Cologne is my favorite drinking town- 200ml glasses of light, crisp beer that they keep coming so you loose track of how much you've drank- with the right balance of sausages and fried potatoes. They just get a little snitty when I use two 200ml glasses and say that I'm a Panzer commander.

soulezoo
02-11-17, 12:19
Yeah but Amsterdam is everything else but beer. Heineken and Oranjeboom. Not a big deal. But oh the sights.
If you find yourself near the "Cockring Discotheque" , head the other way. Trust me on this. One cannot unsee certain things.

soulezoo
02-11-17, 12:23
While not a recommendation, Bitburg is an interesting stop. 15 minutes to pour a small glass of Bitburger (bitte ein bit). Also the curious local choice of beer mixed with Pepsi.

THCDDM4
02-11-17, 17:14
What type of beers do you usually like and enjoy drinking a lot of?

Personally I would go to Brussels and tour the country side drinking as much trappist and non-trappist Belgium brew as I could get down my throat. If you go to Belgium please do your friend and yourself a favor and go here:
In de Verzekering tegen de Grote Dorst
Frans Baetensstraat 45
Eizeringen, Belgium 1750

^Amazing variety of vintage and non-vintage beers and a lot of lambics. Locals are cool as hell and the beer scene is great. Super nice people and just a ton of beer to try. Coolest place for beer I've been to in Europe thus far.

But if you prefer lagers, obviously you should go to Munich, Germany.

Sweden has a good beer seen. Akkurat was another place I loved and really stands out on it's own as far as a single place to go for brew in Sweden. Amazing food and wonderful beer selection.

Ireland has a bustling craft beer scene that is hard to beat. So does Scotland. England doesn't slouch on brew either. If you like old ales, bitters, hand drawn cask/live ales and English pales. Prague is great for beer also. Tons of good brew destinations in Europe.

Tell us what beer styles you and your buddy like, drop some brands/names and I can make a better suggestion for you.

Belgium would be my suggestion without knowing more about your tastes. Belgium beers are quite fantastic and the people are cool as hell.