PDA

View Full Version : Some groups with KAC MOD 2 and Micro H-2

BallisticHarmony
02-16-17, 19:25
14.5" KAC MOD 2
Peak Performance 55 gr Reman (28 cents a round)
100 Yards

Love this little red dot. Took it out for the first time today and zeroed it. Feeling angry that I didn't grab more good group targets before shooting on top of them, but I guess these will do for now. Towards the end of the trip there was an awful sun glare, especially on the right side, so I'll be using non-reflective targets in the future. Didn't help that the target stand was flimsy and not parallel to the bench. No malfunctions all day. Next trip I'll save more targets to improve statistical significance. Overall I'd say not terrible for no magnification and remanufactured stuff.

https://s10.postimg.org/nuuh3ooqx/Groups_1.jpg
https://s10.postimg.org/8kulwht8p/Groups_2.jpg
https://s1.postimg.org/jywyn6a7z/Champ.jpg

ABNAK
02-16-17, 20:52
2.73" average for all 10 groups (yeah, I need to get a life!). Not horrible and certainly within mil-spec......that said, a Knight's *should* turn out better results. Ammo is an obvious factor, not to mention shooter/process. Was it fired using front and rear rests? I always zero for the most perfect mechanical zero that I can (i.e. least amount of variables for movement). YMMV

BallisticHarmony
02-16-17, 20:57
2.73" average for all 10 groups (yeah, I need to get a life!). Not horrible and certainly within mil-spec......that said, a Knight's *should* turn out better results. Ammo is an obvious factor, not to mention shooter/process. Was it fired using front and rear rests? I always zero for the most perfect mechanical zero. YMMV

I should mention I'm still a major novice, so it's definitely not the gun. I bet that average would be lower without the glare and with better ammo. Also no rear rest, only a front block. I think I'd feel weird propping the carbine up like a rail gun

PNorris
02-16-17, 20:59
For a red dot at 100 yards that pretty damn good.

556BlackRifle
02-16-17, 21:23
For a red dot at 100 yards that pretty damn good.

I agree. Hard to do precision shooting with a 1 or 2 MOA dot. That ain't half bad for a novice.

BufordTJustice
02-16-17, 22:52
2.73" average for all 10 groups (yeah, I need to get a life!). Not horrible and certainly within mil-spec......that said, a Knight's *should* turn out better results. Ammo is an obvious factor, not to mention shooter/process. Was it fired using front and rear rests? I always zero for the most perfect mechanical zero that I can (i.e. least amount of variables for movement). YMMV
I'm the same way. I'll bag the front and rear and get a dead nuts mechanical zero....basically until I get everything the barrel and ammo can give. I'll cheat like hell, too, with all kinds of high viz targets so I can see them well with my Aimpoint.

BallisticHarmony
02-16-17, 22:55
I'm the same way. I'll bag the front and rear and get a dead nuts mechanical zero....basically until I get everything the barrel and ammo can give. I'll cheat like hell, too, with all kinds of high viz targets so I can see them well with my Aimpoint.

What targets would you recommend for an Aimpoint?

BufordTJustice
02-16-17, 23:21
What targets would you recommend for an Aimpoint?
Aimpoint actually has a target for the micro on their website. Print it in color.

ABNAK
02-17-17, 07:30
Aimpoint actually has a target for the micro on their website. Print it in color.

Did not know that! Off to Aimpoint.com........

Thanks BTW!

tehpwnag3
02-17-17, 08:48
I've tried the color Aimpoint targets and didn't really like them (too busy). YMMV. I prefer a 3" solid black dot with a white background. I turn the dot down as far as I can so it appears very small but still visible. I feel I get the best precision with this setup. I like to have just a tad of black surrounding the dot so I can compare/contrast dead center. Works very well for me.

BallisticHarmony
02-17-17, 11:36
Sounds similar to what I do, except those splatters are so busy with 5 targets. Middle is 6" and corners are 4" but I think if I just time the trip better, like in the morning, I won't have sun/glare and I'll be able to differentiate targets a lot better

MegademiC
02-17-17, 21:10
I really like a b8 target for a 4moa rds. Something similar but a little larger than your dot is optimal.

Turn the dot down so it's clear, and center in targets circle.

Nice rifle, not bad shooting. I'd bet ammo alone will tighten those groups significantly.