PDA

View Full Version : Help needed picking a new URG

SiGfever
02-19-17, 09:29
I have a Colt LE6920, a Mega lower with a BCM 14.5 ELW w/13" KMR URG. I am looking to add a 16" CHF non-government profile keymod URG to the collection. I was looking at this BCM...

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-BFH-16-Mid-Length-Upper-Receiver-Group-w-BCM-p/bcm-urg-mid-16-bfh-kmr-a-15.htm

or this Daniel Defense...

https://danieldefense.com/upper-receiver-groups/daniel-defense-m4-urg-v11-lw.html

The purpose of this upper will be to hold my new Trijicon Accupower 1-4. The BCM will continue to hold the T2. I want it to be a multi-role upper and will not be just shooting for groups. I appreciate all suggestions of these and other brands. Please keep in mind that KAC and Noveske are out of my price range at this time.
Thanks,
John

EDIT: This will be sitting on my new KAC lower.

_Stormin_
02-19-17, 09:40
That BCM will serve you well in that role. I have the exact same upper and it is without fault. I honestly can't see the $200 difference for the DD being worth it, CHF barrel or not...

Do you expect a heavy firing schedule?

SiGfever
02-19-17, 09:43
That BCM will serve you well in that role. I have the exact same upper and it is without fault. I honestly can't see the $200 difference for the DD being worth it, CHF barrel or not...

Do you expect a heavy firing schedule?

No heavy firing schedule but the DD does come with a BCG which equals the two cost out pretty close. They are both CHF.

_Stormin_
02-19-17, 09:45
Per MSRP it's almost a $200 difference. Would you rather have a CHF barrel that you may never shoot out, or a half case of ammo?

Plus the BCM comes with (IMHO only) a superior muzzle device. Especially if you're shooting fast groups.

Eurodriver
02-19-17, 09:47
$684 ( +BCG CH and other ancillaries) is a lot of coin for what is essentially a triplicate of what you already have.

That'd buy you 2,000 rounds of 5.56, a cruise to the Caribbean, a decent watch, new tires for your car, or get you 1/6th of the way toward a quality night vision setup.

But that's probably not what you wanted to hear.

SiGfever
02-19-17, 09:48
Per MSRP it's almost a $200 difference. Would you rather have a CHF barrel that you may never shoot out, or a half case of ammo?

Plus the BCM comes with (IMHO only) a superior muzzle device. Especially if you're shooting fast groups.

I saw the DD here for $899.95, ammo is always good...

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Daniel_Defense_V11_Lightweight_16_Upper_15_Rail_p/dd-23-151-02077-047.htm

SiGfever
02-19-17, 09:49
$684 ( +BCG CH and other ancillaries) is a lot of coin for what is essentially a triplicate of what you already have.

That'd buy you 2,000 rounds of 5.56, a cruise to the Caribbean, a decent watch, new tires for your car, or get you 1/6th of the way toward a quality night vision setup.

But that's probably not what you wanted to hear.

Sir, you are talking waaaaayyyy too sensible. LOL

HardRice
02-19-17, 11:19
FWIW - those two links you provided both appear to be govt profile barrels.

New KAC lower ... now see what you've done? I'm kinda with Euro if I had to be sensible ... you have two nice ARs for doing AR things.

If I had to spend your money, it would be the BCM BFH ELW 16 with 13 inch KMR-A.

First post

jackblack73
02-19-17, 14:23
I agree that the uppers you're looking at aren't different enough from what you already have. Personally, I'd build that lower until a pistol, buy an 11.5" ELW URG, and submit for your tax stamp.

Stickman
02-19-17, 14:56
BCM, next question.

Torquetard
02-19-17, 15:21
Id say bcm, just based on the fact that Im not a huge fan of how DD mounts their rails.

SiGfever
02-19-17, 17:12
BCM, next question.

ELW or standard BFH?