PDA

View Full Version : Sig P938 for EDC?

GarandShooter
02-21-17, 00:39
Anyone carrying the Sig P938 as their concealed?
If so, have you been pleased with it and would you recommend it?

Trying to pick my first CCW is more difficult than I thought it'd be. So many options!

Thank you for your time.

boombotz401
02-21-17, 12:11
I carried it for a short while, wasn't a fan of the manual safety and went back to my Glock's

It's an excellent small carry gun if you prefer a hammer fired manual safety...extremely easy to conceal and reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrTwister
02-21-17, 13:25
As stated above it is a great ccw, would be much better suited for someone that shoots the 1911 a lot.

bear13
02-21-17, 14:07
Agree with both of them. Best shooting pocket 9 but I do not carry a 1911. If you do, it is a sweet shooter.

ar15a292f
02-21-17, 15:15
My son has one and he loves it. I carry a Beretta Nano.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Redhat
02-21-17, 18:35
l test fired one when I was looking for a small 9mm. The deal breaker was that for my hands, it was just too small to shoot well and I found it had sharp corners that dug into my hand.

Purely subjective but there it is.

For me, it isn't just about how well it conceals. Aside from reliability, I need to be able to shoot it well.

skipper49
02-21-17, 21:35
I've got two of them. One is on me every day, either pocket, IWB, or OWB.
Very shootable, very accurate, and mine have been totally reliable.
I've been shooting 1911's for over 45 years, so the manual of arms works for me.
Skip

CRT2
02-22-17, 16:15
Excellent CCW. I carry mine in a holster that fits a chest pocket in my heavy coat. On my person at home from when I awaken to when I go to sleep. Out to 30 feet, easy to keep all rounds in the 9 and 10 ring of the B27 target - I may be the limiting factor. Accurate and reliable. And, my Wife loves hers. She uses the Hogue rubber grips with finger molds and I prefer G10 grips.

T2C
02-22-17, 17:36
I bought a P938 SAS in December of 2015 and carry it almost every day. If you are familiar with the 1911 manual of arms, you should be comfortable with it's operation.

If you buy one, watch the grip screws. I lost one somewhere around the 3,000 round mark. I ordered new screws from Top Gun Supply and replaced the one I lost on the range. It loosened up again and blue Loctite did not keep it from backing out again. I inserted a # 60 O Ring between the screw and grip and it has not come loose.

The recommended recoil spring replacement interval is 1,500 rounds. I did not pay any attention to this until 3,000 rounds, but did not have any cycling issues.

Hornady 124g HST is reasonably accurate at 25 yards. Shooting 7 shot sub 4" groups is not uncommon. Most of the time I practice with Federal 115g FMJ aluminum case ammunition and it is good enough for practice out to 25 yards.

I shoot at least 150-200 rounds each time I hit the range and I believe recoil is manageable. If you have a chance to shoot one before you buy it would be a plus.

multistage
02-24-17, 00:46
I've had several. They are good guns, no question. If it strikes your fancy, get one.

That said, I never could really gel with it. Just a tetch big for pocket carry. Doable, but big. And I never really noticed an advantage if I belt carried one. Comfortable, plenty thin, but I found I prefer a more duty sized gun for belt carry, more like a USP or P226.

But that's me. Lots of guys carry them and love them. I can't really give you a reason not to carry one.

boombotz401
02-24-17, 01:08
If I've learned one thing it's that holster choice is key with ccw. I carry a g19 owb at work and used to carry a 26/43 iwb when not working.

Once I found the right iwb for me I found I could conceal the 19 just as well as the little 43.

Lately I just keep the 19 on me at all times, with the right holster there's literally zero printing even with a spare mag.

GarandShooter
02-25-17, 22:51
Thank you guys for all your response. Exactly what I was wanting to know.

I finally found a range that carried one that can be rented, so I'm going to try it and a few others to see which feels best.

With the wide selection of CCW pistols available I just needed to narrow it down to a small list of pistols to try.

So far I think it'll be a P938, G19, and XD.

boombotz401
02-25-17, 22:59
I carry a g19 at work, keep in mind the 26 can also accept 17/19 mags as a spare and easier to conceal, try em both

I usually end up reaching for the 26 on my time

daniel87
02-25-17, 23:01
Thank you guys for all your response. Exactly what I was wanting to know.

I finally found a range that carried one that can be rented, so I'm going to try it and a few others to see which feels best.

With the wide selection of CCW pistols available I just needed to narrow it down to a small list of pistols to try.

So far I think it'll be a P938, G19, and XD.

To compare to the p938, also try the g43, g26, mp9c, mp shield, and also a subcompact xd

That would be a list of the guns i would reccomend you try. Those are some of the more popular guns reasonably close in size to the p938

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

boombotz401
02-25-17, 23:04
P938
Springfield xds
Sig p320
Glock 26/27/33
Glock 19/23
Glock 43
Air weight 442 s&w
Glock 30
Kahr pm9
Mp shield
Fnh fns 9c
Hk p30sk

Just a few more suggestions

clayb2004
02-28-17, 09:20
I alternate between a G43 and a p938. I am a bit more accurate with the 938 but not enough to measure. That said, I tend to favor the Glock a bit more. Both are extremely easy to conceal, but just a tad over what I consider pocket guns. I actually like wearing them OWB and they are very comfortable in that configuration, if I am going IWB I generally switch to a G19.