PDA

View Full Version : AXE is back: Billions Season2

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-22-17, 08:33
Thought this show had started out strong last year and fell off a bit towards the end. Billionaire hedge fund manager (Damien Lewis) against a US DA (Paul Giamatti) with a great cast of characters. Really great characters and intrigue. About the only reason I keep Showtime since Homeland crapped the bed.

Season 2 started and it is back to being great. Lewis and Giamatti are just awesome in these rolls. Complex characters played perfectly. The supporting actors are sublime. The storylines move things along so it isn't just a character study. Super hot blond and brunette. What more could you want?

elephant
02-22-17, 12:06
one of my favorites shows on TV. The cat and mouse game between Rhodes and Axe is probably the best written shows on tv right now.

austinN4
02-22-17, 12:32
I watched and liked Season 1, except that I thought the Rhodes character was written way over the top. Axe to me seemed pretty natural for the character type. Looking forward to Season 2.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-22-17, 13:15
I watched and liked Season 1, except that I thought the Rhodes character was written way over the top. Axe to me seemed pretty natural for the character type. Looking forward to Season 2.

The DA Rhodes is written and acted just up to the over-acting line. I think it is part of that character, but he does get close to over doing it. The traders , the lawyer, the 'fixer' for Axe are all awesome.

Honu
02-22-17, 18:59
watched the free 2 preview last night looking forward to this season
not sure how long they can do it and would rather see it be a 2 or 3 season show with a well thought out ending :)

Co-gnARR
02-22-17, 21:07
Saw two episodes and thought it was awesome. Didn't know the name of the show so thanks for the thread.

pinzgauer
03-13-17, 08:40
Lawyer cautioning about depositions: "I've seen things you wouldn't believe..."

Axe: "Attack ships on fire?" (Snarky Axe tone)

Lawyer: "the very best cases gone forever, like tears in the rain"

Gotta love the Bladerunner reference