PDA

View Full Version : A question about FF and BUIS

Aud_VDW
10-18-06, 16:58
My question- I understand that people with training can hit man sized targets out to 600m with Iron sights, (and in there mil there is some similar requirement to pass general marksmanship).

So I'd assume it can be done with rifle length sights and non FF handgaurd. (thats what the mil. guys are training with correct?)

What I want to know-on a 11 inch rail system, with a BUIS, would my POI shift (due to the stress on the rail system via torque) As much as, or less than, a weapon with a non FF rail and a fixed front iron sight?

Lastly I'd assume that the shorter the rail, the stiffer it would be, A stiffer 11 inch rail may have an advantage over a longer 12 inch rail.

I am thinking about the Samson flip up front and the Arms 40L, can any one explain the diff betwen the Arms with the SP feature, and the standard model? Can The A2 ARMS fit under and aimpoint w/ a twist mount?

C4IGrant
10-19-06, 16:31
My question- I understand that people with training can hit man sized targets out to 600m with Iron sights, (and in there mil there is some similar requirement to pass general marksmanship).

So I'd assume it can be done with rifle length sights and non FF handgaurd. (thats what the mil. guys are training with correct?)

What I want to know-on a 11 inch rail system, with a BUIS, would my POI shift (due to the stress on the rail system via torque) As much as, or less than, a weapon with a non FF rail and a fixed front iron sight?

Lastly I'd assume that the shorter the rail, the stiffer it would be, A stiffer 11 inch rail may have an advantage over a longer 12 inch rail.

I am thinking about the Samson flip up front and the Arms 40L, can any one explain the diff betwen the Arms with the SP feature, and the standard model? Can The A2 ARMS fit under and aimpoint w/ a twist mount?

Your question is somewhat hard to answer as their are too many variables in it.

If you want a stiff rail, go with a Mono system (VLTOR VIS for instance) or a 1 piece FF rail.

The SP BUIS means that both the small and large ap. are zeroed the same.

The ARMS #40A2 might be a tight fit under the 3X. Better to go with a TROY or an ARMS #40L(SP).

C4