PDA

View Full Version : Trump's address to Congress

jpmuscle
02-28-17, 19:22
Happening soon. Early reports suggest it will be in excess of an hour. Honestly I'm watching just to see what shenanigans the Dems will pull.

Eurodriver
02-28-17, 20:18
Happening soon. Early reports suggest it will be in excess of an hour. Honestly I'm watching just to see what shenanigans the Dems will pull.

Apparently Pelosi told the Dems to be "respectful" but it sounded like someone or a few just heckled. I'm liking the speech so far.

PS I wanna hang out with you too.

No homo. (A little is ok)

26 Inf
02-28-17, 20:18
Did Pence and Ryan dress each other? Matching ties.

Seriously, has anyone wondered how do you enforce pipelines made with American steel?

'Why don't we join forces and get things done'

'Finding common ground on behalf of American children'

I liked it.

Eurodriver
02-28-17, 20:26
After 8 years of Zero, hearing the President say shit like this to a joint session of congress is amazing.

Alex V
02-28-17, 20:29
What's with all the those Dem women wearing white? Some kind of sign of protest?

Did Pence and Ryan dress each other? Matching ties.

Seriously, has anyone wondered how do you enforce pipelines made with American steel?

It does look like they are twinning.

It's pretty easy to track where the steel was forged. Less easy to track where it was mined.

jpmuscle
02-28-17, 20:33
What's with all the those Dem women wearing white? Some kind of sign of protest?

It does look like they are twinning.

It's pretty easy to track where the steel was forged. Less easy to track where it was mined.

Their doing it in honor of the suffrage movement evidently

Alex V
02-28-17, 20:36
Their doing it in honor of the suffrage movement evidently

We really need to stop women's suffrage. It's terrible that women still suffer.

:-P

tb-av
02-28-17, 20:37
Yes, it's a women's rights thing.

Looks like the Left is sitting mute.

jpmuscle
02-28-17, 20:44
We really need to stop women's suffrage. It's terrible that women still suffer.

:-P

Ha, Dick.

Also, so much win in buying insurance across state lines.

VIP3R 237
02-28-17, 20:46
Trump is such a badass

jpmuscle
02-28-17, 20:48
He's totally savaging these speech. Good god it's fabulous.

cougar_guy04
02-28-17, 20:50
They already track it in .gov contracting for the .mil at least. I worked with a company that made shit for Big Army and we had to comply with the DFARS Specialty Metal clause (http://www.ultra-os.com/images/supplier/DFARS%20252%20225-7014.pdf) in regards to the source/point of origin on certain materials. You can even order specialty screws on McMaster that are DFARS/Specialty Metal compliant. It can be done, but it's a pain in the ass and companies don't source/document that shit for free.

Alex V
02-28-17, 20:51
He's totally savaging these speech. Good god it's fabulous.

He should drop the mic when he is done.

Alex V
02-28-17, 20:53
They already track it in .gov contracting for the .mil at least. I worked with a company that made shit for Big Army and we had to comply with the DFARS Specialty Metal clause (http://www.ultra-os.com/images/supplier/DFARS%20252%20225-7014.pdf) in regards to the source/point of origin on certain materials. You can even order specialty screws on McMaster that are DFARS/Specialty Metal compliant. It can be done, but it's a pain in the ass and companies don't source/document that shit for free.

When we design LEED certified buildings we have to prove that materials are sources and manufactured locally. Sometimes within a few hundred miles of the construction site. Structural steel, glass, wood, brick/block, carpet, roofing you name it. It's not easy, but it can be done.

Alex V
02-28-17, 20:54
Department of Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement.. holly eff. That is savage!

DirectTo
02-28-17, 21:09
Agree with it or not but here are some good links referencing statements made during the speech (most of which they're rating 'true'):

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2017/feb/28/fact-checking-donald-trumps-address-congress/

jpmuscle
02-28-17, 21:09
Ever see a POTUS b*tch slap congress? It just happened.

FlyingHunter
02-28-17, 21:10
Best speech he's ever done. Bravo!

FlyingHunter
02-28-17, 21:11
Department of Victims Of Immigration Crime Engagement.. holly eff. That is savage!

Indeed, a presidential FU.

26 Inf
02-28-17, 21:11
I liked it. As if that matters. If it comes together I will be happy to admit my fears were groundless.

jmp45
02-28-17, 21:13
This was fantastic at so many levels. Trump's heart is in it.

26 Inf
02-28-17, 21:13

I guess I was thinking of a buddy that owns a smallish (200 employees) pipeline company, how would that work for him?

26 Inf
02-28-17, 21:15

Alex, off your topic: how do you feel about means based immigration?

26 Inf
02-28-17, 21:17
They are dissing the speech writer on my internet feed. I thought it was a good speech. You have to write the way he talks. Presented his vision in a good way.

Spurholder
02-28-17, 21:19
That was killer. Very Presidential!
Way to go, Big Guy!

ETA: He walked right past Debbie Wasserman Schultz and Keith Ellison. No handshakes for you two, thanks for playing. And it's because you both suck."

cougar_guy04
02-28-17, 21:21
I guess I was thinking of a buddy that owns a smallish (200 employees) pipeline company, how would that work for him?

We were a 150-200 person company. Part of the ISO certification was record keeping and being able to track things like that. In the PO for material it was stipulated, "Must be compliant with DFARS [insert statute here] and material certs are required." There's a premium for the material due to sourcing cost, but that all gets passed on to the customer. Not saying it's right, wrong, or otherwise . . . just saying it's already done in other areas without a great deal of consternation.

jmp45
02-28-17, 21:30
KY Gov spinning.. I think, mute button is awesome.

soulezoo
02-28-17, 21:30
Best speech he's ever done. Bravo!
I agree!

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-28-17, 21:34
Crap, I missed it. Outside of his acceptance speech and introducing Goresuch, he is so hit-miss. I'll have to see it.

Top Trump thread on r/politics on reddit.

Trump echoes David Duke, suggests Jews are behind threats to Jewish schools

That is when you know he did a good job. I understand why he doesn't' want to do the correspondents dinner, but he should literally go, replay parts of Obama, give 30 second speech, drop the mic and walk out.

THCDDM4
02-28-17, 21:49
He killed it! Now if congress could just get behind him we would be on the right path.

Dienekes
02-28-17, 21:58
This was fantastic at so many levels. Trump's heart is in it.

I agree.

This, from Henry V: "But, by the Mass, our hearts are in the trim'"

BoringGuy45
02-28-17, 22:09
Tonight has been yet another boost on my path from holding my nose and voting for him, to actually being pretty glad that I voted for him. He has thus far been what this country really needed.

LoboTBL
02-28-17, 22:38
Fantastic speech. All of Congress and most importantly the Republicans had better get their asses on the train.

Trump is Presidenting Bigly! LOL

SteyrAUG
03-01-17, 00:35
That was a joy and a pleasure to watch.

Pelosi making suck egg faces only made it better.

jpmuscle
03-01-17, 00:42
Fantastic speech. All of Congress and most importantly the Republicans had better get their asses on the train.

Trump is Presidenting Bigly! LOL
I wish he would have used bigly in a sentence challenging America to put a man on Mars in 10 years.. But that's really my only negative critique of his speech.

cbx
03-01-17, 01:56
Watching the Dems un ass the chamber at the end of the speech was very telling......

They couldn't get out of there fast enough. Assholes.......

The part with Donald not stopping to clap to honor the fallen sailor was a fine moment. I think he loves this country and the people in the military more than we'll ever know.

I liked it. High ****ing time the special snowflake syndrome that seems to be infecting this country get a very solid middle finger and get told to GTFO of here.

The ladies in white where just lol all the way around. Suffrage? Yeah.....Mmmkay..... Sometime in the first half of the last century called...... They want their shit back....... Suffrage...Lol....

The part about "Voice" was perfect. Every special POS ****ing snowflake gasped..... **** them guys. This is Merica.

Sensei
03-01-17, 04:29
It was the best State of the Union type speech since Reagan. My favorite part was when the Dems tried to boo his VOICE program and suddenly realized that he made them look like douches

Moose-Knuckle
03-01-17, 05:32
Ever see a POTUS b*tch slap congress? It just happened.

Glorious!

#MAGA

sva01
03-01-17, 05:38
Tonight has been yet another boost on my path from holding my nose and voting for him, to actually being pretty glad that I voted for him.

My vote was very much against Hilary, more so than for Trump.
While I agree with much of what he says, it's the way that it gets delivered that frustrates me. When he gets on Twitter and starts rambling, he reminds me of the whiny people that I have a tough time tolerating in life.
If he could present himself, at all times, like he did last night I would be ecstatic.
When he stays on script you can sense his dedication and belief in our country. I continue to have high hopes for what he may be able to accomplish...

Joelski
03-01-17, 05:38
TV made it pretty plain who not to vote for.

"Sit on your ass, this term is your last."

That for granny "scumbags" Alzheimer's. Maybe her district will turn out and vote for real in 2018...

chuckman
03-01-17, 07:51
My liberal friends are nowhere to be found. I will ask them: Based on the democrats responses to last night's speech, are liberals racist, misogynist, anti-education, anti-military, pro-violent illegal immigrant, some or all of these?

tb-av
03-01-17, 08:00
NBC just did a segment on 4 30ish guys from Michigan. 1 had never voted. 1 never voted R and two were solid Dems.

All 4 voted for Trump and were ecstatic over his speech. One said he would never go back to Dem as they were just crazy with all the protests and such. 1 said he like Trump because he spoke in his language.

Cut back to the desk to Matt Lauer and Savannah Guthery and they were dumbfounded. Guthery actually looked depressed.

The segment was done by Nicole Wallace. I can't find a clip, but it's worth watching. I'm sure it will get posted soon.

She is the one that said the R party died the night Trump got the RNC nomination.
https://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/the-party-died-in-this-room-tonight-nicole-wallace-grief-stricken-as-trumps-rnc-speech-ends/

tb-av
03-01-17, 08:16
It was the best State of the Union type speech since Reagan. My favorite part was when the Dems tried to boo his VOICE program and suddenly realized that he made them look like douches

Did you see the scowl on Maxine Waters' face when everyone applauded Jamile<sp>. She was pissed.

ETA: Correction that was not Maxine Waters it was Del. Eleanor Holmes Norton - Dem from DC.. Same basic situation. If it's not Dem it's wrong no matter what it is. Wouldn't even applaud a black man that showed up to have his murdered son acknowledged. Maxine Waters boycotted the whole deal.

TAZ
03-01-17, 08:19
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/02/28/politics/donald-trump-speech-transcript-full-text/index.html

Above is a link to the transcript for those of us who missed it.

Agree with the above. Totally awesome speech.

Hmac
03-01-17, 08:21
That was a good interview. Very telling IMHO

http://www.today.com/video/in-trump-they-trust-michigan-supporters-react-to-president-s-address-887515203703

Alex V
03-01-17, 08:31
Alex, off your topic: how do you feel about means based immigration?

May I assume you mean "merit based?" Means bases sounds like we are saying only rich people can move to the US...

Personalty, on a selfish level, I am not opposed to merit based immigration. My parents were both collage educated engineers in the Soviet Union. When they had their diplomas evaluated here by NYU (I think it was NYU, it was in 1991 so I don't remember) my mother ended up with an equivalent of a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and my father with a PhD in Environmental Engineering (based on number of class hours taken). This would ensure people like my parents would still be allowed to enter the country as they appear on paper to provide a value.

I do see the other side of the coin however, people with less education can still offer valuable services and become true Americans.

I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I think people who does not pose a danger and is willing to work for the American dream should be give the opportunity. We have to limit the number f opportunities because at the end of the day, we have a finite number of available jobs, area and resources. I don't need to live in a Solient Green US, know what I mean?

cbx
03-01-17, 08:32
I watched on the WH.gov camera from a link I found on the Utubes. It was pretty straight and didn't show much for congressmen's faces. Anyone got a link or picture of egg sucking face expressions from the liberals?

I need a new home screen photo...

Averageman
03-01-17, 08:36
TV made it pretty plain who not to vote for.

"Sit on your ass, this term is your last."

That for granny "scumbags" Alzheimer's. Maybe her district will turn out and vote for real in 2018...

There are a lot of RINO's in the Legislature that should take those words to heart and burn some midnight oil and overtime hours to get on line. The idea that the Republicans are winning on one hand like never before, yet still allow a Mope like McCain to call himself a member of the GOP all while he does little but sit on his hands and work against the POTUS at every turn should spell his condemnation and doom.
And that goes for a few more than just McCain.
Last nights speech and all of the POTUS's good intentions and works will mean nothing unless they get onboard and clean their own House.

I thought it was a great speech and when Trump addressed the life and death of a fallen Hero and pointed out his sacrifice and thanked his Widow, I had a tear.
I don't care how hard you are, that was touching.

Hmac
03-01-17, 08:41
I watched on the WH.gov camera from a link I found on the Utubes. It was pretty straight and didn't show much for congressmen's faces. Anyone got a link or picture of egg sucking face expressions from the liberals?

I need a new home screen photo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KYBDsfM7Q&feature=youtu.be

TAZ
03-01-17, 08:53
May I assume you mean "merit based?" Means bases sounds like we are saying only rich people can move to the US...

Personalty, on a selfish level, I am not opposed to merit based immigration. My parents were both collage educated engineers in the Soviet Union. When they had their diplomas evaluated here by NYU (I think it was NYU, it was in 1991 so I don't remember) my mother ended up with an equivalent of a Masters in Mechanical Engineering and my father with a PhD in Environmental Engineering (based on number of class hours taken). This would ensure people like my parents would still be allowed to enter the country as they appear on paper to provide a value.

I do see the other side of the coin however, people with less education can still offer valuable services and become true Americans.

I honestly don't know how I feel about it. I think people who does not pose a danger and is willing to work for the American dream should be give the opportunity. We have to limit the number f opportunities because at the end of the day, we have a finite number of available jobs, area and resources. I don't need to live in a Solient Green US, know what I mean?

Merit based is an interesting concept. Technically I wouldn't be here today if merit based were used. Mom was a HS grad housewife. Dad was a college grad teacher. Not sure how we would have scored against doctors and engineers... We turned out productive enough though. My brother is a doctor and served as chief of staff at a major hospital and I'm a lonely project manager.

I think healthy, non criminals who can support themselves and want to assimilate should be welcome with open arms. But no tax based bennies aside from schooling for children... till you're a citizen. If you become a drain on the government out you go.

Averageman
03-01-17, 08:59

Her yeast infection looks painful.

skywalkrNCSU
03-01-17, 09:23
This is the kind of speech he needed. Hopefully he listens to himself and realizes "the time for trivial fights is behind us" because I could do without the POTUS getting into twitter wars about TV ratings.

Firefly
03-01-17, 09:25
It definitely had some pepper on that speech.

ICalling out slamic Terrorism? Check
Hard on for Illegal Aliens? Check
Calling out Chicago? Check
Drill here Drill Now? Check
Securing Coal? Check
Obamacare repeal and replace? Check

It is Morning in America and he looked Presidential doing it. The dems booing and thumbs downing looked less like "the resistance" and more like super assholes

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-01-17, 09:36
Her yeast infection looks painful.

The yeast infections Nancy Pelosi looks irritated.

The best things about this speech is, let's say that someone not engaged but hearing all these bad things about Trump watches the whole thing- they have to be wondering what all the angst is about? Lot's of common sense there, maybe not Progressive dogma, but no racist, homophobic, woman-hating craziness. Regular people have to look at what he actually says and what everyone in the MSM is saying about him and I have to think that they might be thinking "Tell me more about this fake news...".

Was the SEAL Ryan someone who liked to set records? Trump and Ryan's wife seemed to have an inside joke about him 'breaking a new record' with the applause.

Doc Safari
03-01-17, 09:41
I confess I haven't read the rest of this thread.

I'm out the door for some errands and just haven't got time.

I'll just say I think the Democrat party got owned last night. They looked like a bunch of sore loser cry babies sitting on their hands while the rest of the country looks forward to a better future.

tb-av
03-01-17, 10:08
From CNN

Dow soars 200 points and tops 21,000 for the 1st time ever following Trump's speech. Nasdaq jumps 0.9%.

jpmuscle
03-01-17, 10:12
From CNN
Straight baller.

platoonDaddy
03-01-17, 10:15
Great speech and what is more important it wasn't hillaryBeast

WillBrink
03-01-17, 10:16
I thought it was quite good, better than I expected. There's already wining that he "exploited" the death of the soldier, etc, etc. Of course the Dems wouldn't know anything about that...

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/160728211913-mr-khan-constitution-01-large-169.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/A9fTMJ8.jpg

http://www.dailyherald.com/storyimage/DA/20160726/news/160729156/EP/1/5/EP-160729156.jpg&updated=201607262243&MaxW=800&maxH=800&noborder

http://i.imgur.com/1jepGOh.jpg

Hmac
03-01-17, 10:20
I confess I haven't read the rest of this thread.

I'm out the door for some errands and just haven't got time.

I'll just say I think the Democrat party got owned last night. They looked like a bunch of sore loser cry babies sitting on their hands while the rest of the country looks forward to a better future.
I hope I'm not overinterpreting based on wishful thinking, but I kind of perceive an increasing general sense of disdain across the country for the sour-puss crybaby antics of the Democrat party. If Trump succeeds in getting Congress to work with him it will relegate the Democrat "platform" to the trash heap that it deserves. I say this primarily because their "platform" is nothing positive, just anti-Trump.

tb-av
03-01-17, 10:21
They looked like a bunch of sore loser cry babies sitting on their hands while the rest of the country looks forward to a better future.

That is a necessary personal trait to be a true Liberal. Schumer, Pelosi, Warren, etc..

That's how we won. We got Dems that were not True Liberals. I think even more Dems will take a long hard look at all the Liberals that were in that hall last night. They certainly were not hard to spot.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-01-17, 10:30
And the NAZI comparo for the VOICE reports.

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-adolf-hitler-nazi-published-list-crime-immigrants-congress-confirmation-7605146

Goodwin's law turned on its head.

Actually, Godwin's law has been put on hold, officially. You can't make this up.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Godwin%27s%20Law

Niwdog Law. You can't have an article about Trump unless you mention Hitler.

skywalkrNCSU
03-01-17, 11:00
And the NAZI comparo for the VOICE reports.

https://www.indy100.com/article/donald-trump-adolf-hitler-nazi-published-list-crime-immigrants-congress-confirmation-7605146

Goodwin's law turned on its head.

Actually, Godwin's law has been put on hold, officially. You can't make this up.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Godwin%27s%20Law

Niwdog Law. You can't have an article about Trump unless you mention Hitler.

This is why I think the Democrats will lose the 2020 election as well. They are running around like little kids screaming Hitler and can't offer anything objective. Running on the platform of, "I'm not that guy" doesn't work. It's why W got reelected, why Obama got reelected, and why Hillary lost. All the Democrats can do right now is scream about how evil Trump is and how we are turning into the Third Reich and the public is going to get real sick of that.

Firefly
03-01-17, 11:21
Yep.

Sadly the words Nazi and Hitler have lost pretty much all meaning.

You can only tell people there's a monster in the closet so long before they realize it's just clothes. Then you end up sounding like a crazy person

glocktogo
03-01-17, 12:39
None crazier than Rahm Emanuel's response to Trump's comments on Chicago violence:

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/chicago-mayor-slams-trump-remarks-citys-murder-rate/story?id=45823833

tl;dr: Continuing Chicago violence is because Trump hasn't done anything. :rolleyes:

Averageman
03-01-17, 13:22
None crazier than Rahm Emanuel's response to Trump's comments on Chicago violence:

http://abcnews.go.com/amp/Politics/chicago-mayor-slams-trump-remarks-citys-murder-rate/story?id=45823833

tl;dr: Continuing Chicago violence is because Trump hasn't done anything. :rolleyes:

So Rahm's answer is "Throw me some more Federal Money?"
He does understand that his "Home Boy" was in office for eight years right? He does understand that he actually used to be a cabinet member right? He also understands that President Obama is from Chicago right?
Seems like the time to get the ball moving forward on this is like almost Eight Years Ago? I mean when one of his political hero's had the money to hand out.
I'm just sayin' now Rahms finally got an answer and that answer is to pour more money and jobs in to a ghetto.
Funny how the timing on this works...

I seem to remember one of these ghetto rats held up his Son right across the street from their house a while back. Maybe his kid needs some Federal Dollars too?

Hmac
03-01-17, 13:57
The outrageous hatred from some of those left-sided assholes apparently knows no bounds. It transcends even common human courtesy and compassion. Simply outrageous. These people simply can't do anything other than implode their entire cause. It's amazing to me, the degree of stupidity that Trump brings out from the liberals. Dan Grilo.

"A former Hillary Clinton volunteer drew swift condemnation -- including from President Trump's eldest son -- after mocking the widow of a fallen Navy SEAL who was honored by the president during his congressional address Tuesday night."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/03/01/former-clinton-volunteer-in-hot-water-after-swipe-at-widow-fallen-seal.html

http://ssequine.net/Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.58.24 PM.png

Hmac
03-01-17, 14:05
Gratifyingly, the asshole lost his job over the episode.

http://www.libertyadvisorgroup.com/statement

Last night during President Trump’s speech, a Liberty Advisor Group employee sent out an offensive and inappropriate tweet regarding the Gold Star family that was being rightly honored before Congress and the Nation. The personal views of this individual do not represent Liberty and we vigorously disavow them.

Although the message and subsequent apologies were sent from an individual’s personal account, and bore no connection to his work with Liberty, his comments were inconsistent with the Company’s values and the unyielding respect it has for the members of our Nation’s Armed Forces. Regardless of whether the comments in the tweet were intended to cause the hurt and anger that they ultimately generated, they were unacceptable to us, and the individual who issued the tweet is no longer affiliated with Liberty.

Liberty’s culture places a high value on the men and women of America's military who fight to defend us and our families. We honor them. We want to express our sincere condolences to Mrs. Owens. We also apologize to all those who have served this nation, including those Liberty employees who have themselves served, and anyone else who was offended by these comments.

grnamin
03-01-17, 14:05
This is why I think the Democrats will lose the 2020 election as well. They are running around like little kids screaming Hitler and can't offer anything objective. Running on the platform of, "I'm not that guy" doesn't work. It's why W got reelected, why Obama got reelected, and why Hillary lost. All the Democrats can do right now is scream about how evil Trump is and how we are turning into the Third Reich and the public is going to get real sick of that.

I'm not even looking at 2020 yet. November 6, 2018 will see 23 Democrat Senate seats plus 2 independent seats who caucus with the dems up to reelection.

chuckman
03-01-17, 14:07
Gratifyingly, the asshole lost his job over the episode.

http://www.libertyadvisorgroup.com/statement

There is a Santa Claus.....

Righteous. I hope this haunts him and follows him.....

chuckman
03-01-17, 14:08
I'm not even looking at 2020 yet. November 6, 2018 will see 23 Democrat Senate seats plus 2 independent seats who caucus with the dems up to reelection.

It's barely 5 weeks in, so a lot can happen....but the math alone is not favorable to the dems in 2018.

Hmac
03-01-17, 14:13
There is a Santa Claus.....

Righteous. I hope this haunts him and follows him.....

Social media can be a powerful weapon, but just like firearms, stupidity in its use can lead to unfortunate blowback. IMHO, this is the equivalent of a Darwin Award.

glocktogo
03-01-17, 14:15
So Rahm's answer is "Throw me some more Federal Money?"
He does understand that his "Home Boy" was in office for eight years right? He does understand that he actually used to be a cabinet member right? He also understands that President Obama is from Chicago right?
Seems like the time to get the ball moving forward on this is like almost Eight Years Ago? I mean when one of his political hero's had the money to hand out.
I'm just sayin' now Rahms finally got an answer and that answer is to pour more money and jobs in to a ghetto.
Funny how the timing on this works...

I seem to remember one of these ghetto rats held up his Son right across the street from their house a while back. Maybe his kid needs some Federal Dollars too?

Apparently Rahm forgot he was Obama's Chief of Staff for three years before running and getting elected Mayor of Chicago in 2011. After he won, apparently he forgot how to get in touch with Obama and ask for help. Apparently he also forgot that he, Mayor of Chicago, has at his disposal a police force of over 12,000 cops, over which is a Superintendent of Police that he himself appoints. Every. Day. Of. The. Year.

The disconnect is absolutely staggering. How he can possibly think there are any political points to be scored here is incomprehensible. If I were Trump, I'd call Jeff Sessions and the heads of FBI, DEA, BATFE and USMS onto the Oval, and tell them to initiate a task force with the intent of reducing South Chicago gang shootings by 80% within 3 months. I'd tell them to notify the City of Chicago, but to operate 100% independent of them. Send a supporting staff of USA's to do nothing but federal criminal prosecutions, until Chicagoans and visitors to the city feel safe to walk the streets after dark.

I wouldn't care if there was an armed and armored federal LEO on every street corner. Do what it takes and prove once and for all that a century of Democrat rule and dithering is the problem, not the solution.

Averageman
03-01-17, 14:30
At this point that would be Rhom's nightmare.
Not because there would be blood in the streets, there is already enough blood in the streets, it is his nightmare because it would work and he would be shown to be incompetent and negligent.
He's a cardboard cut out and has been phoning in the whole issue for years. He wont exercise what it would take to put a dent in the crime because he is afraid to offend the people who are terrorizing these places and the people who would call him "heavy handed' if he tried it.
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would likely have a giant hissy fit if crime went down and criminals were actually put away.

glocktogo
03-01-17, 14:43
At this point that would be Rhom's nightmare.
Not because there would be blood in the streets, there is already enough blood in the streets, it is his nightmare because it would work and he would be shown to be incompetent and negligent.
He's a cardboard cut out and has been phoning in the whole issue for years. He wont exercise what it would take to put a dent in the crime because he is afraid to offend the people who are terrorizing these places and the people who would call him "heavy handed' if he tried it.
Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton would likely have a giant hissy fit if crime went down and criminals were actually put away.

Yeah, I'd beg Jesse and Al to come to Chicago, then I'd drop their asses in the middle of a mob of gang bangers and see how they fared. **** those guys and the horses they ride in on. :mad:

SteyrAUG
03-01-17, 15:14
It definitely had some pepper on that speech.

ICalling out slamic Terrorism? Check
Hard on for Illegal Aliens? Check
Calling out Chicago? Check
Drill here Drill Now? Check
Securing Coal? Check
Obamacare repeal and replace? Check

It is Morning in America and he looked Presidential doing it. The dems booing and thumbs downing looked less like "the resistance" and more like super assholes

The two dipshits doing the thumbs down looked like a bunch of high school girls who were being told they had to do their homework. The laughing and giggling didn't add much conviction.

TAZ
03-01-17, 15:33

I would not send a single penny of federal funds to shitcago. Rahm and his ilk would piss it away lining their own pockets or on asinine SJW programs.

Send in the DOJ and round up gangbangers by the truckloads and move them to the coldest corners of North Dakota to await federal prosecution for gun crimes. Enforce mandatory sentencing guidelines with no exceptions and no paroles. Then have the same DOJ folks investigate the city officials for corruption where appropriate. All the turds need to be flushed from that toilet bowl of a city.

SteyrAUG
03-01-17, 15:46
Childish democrats aside, this is the first time I actually DVR'd a Presidential speech by anyone. This is the first time since Reagan at Normandy in 1984 that I have watched a Presidential speech in it's entirety.

26 Inf
03-01-17, 16:20

Thanks, yeah I know what you mean. My brother-in-law wanted to retire to Australia. I know he's worth more than a million, he told me they (he and my sister) weren't eligible. As often as his former company has contracted with him to go to South America and Europe to troubleshoot their canning machines, it isn't because he didn't have technical skills. Generally I'm really pro-Austalia except for guns and the immigration deal.

Eurodriver
03-01-17, 16:26
It's barely 5 weeks in, so a lot can happen....but the math alone is not favorable to the dems in 2018.

Math, no, but history is not on the side of the Republicans in 2018 either.

Childish democrats aside, this is the first time I actually DVR'd a Presidential speech by anyone. This is the first time since Reagan at Normandy in 1984 that I have watched a Presidential speech in it's entirety.

I'm not as old as you (I wasn't even alive in 1984) but the point of your post can be applied to me as well.

Eurodriver
03-01-17, 16:27

http://www.today.com/video/in-trump-they-trust-michigan-supporters-react-to-president-s-address-887515203703

That was excellent. I kinndddaaaa wish it wasn't all white guys, but the fact that they were Dems and one guy voted for Bernie was telling indeed.

tb-av
03-01-17, 16:41
The Ryan/Carryn Owen applause was the longest in SOTU history.

The last was also for a soldier Sergeant First Class Cory Remsburg at Obama's last SOTU.

How can you possibly call yourself a representative of the people while sitting or standing in defiance of what they have given?! The rancid and slimy sludge waste of the Liberal septic tank is being exposed for all to see.

glocktogo
03-01-17, 16:46
The Ryan/Carryn Owen applause was the longest in SOTU history.

The last was also for a soldier Sergeant First Class Cory Remsburg at Obama's last SOTU.

How can you possibly call yourself a representative of the people while sitting or standing in defiance of what they have given?! The rancid and slimy sludge waste of the Liberal septic tank is being exposed for all to see.

You're assuming (or not) that the dissenting Dems attending the address, are anything but selfish prigs who'd cut their own nose off to spit their face before admitting they aren't 100% right and Trump is 100% wrong.

Firefly
03-01-17, 16:49
Thanks, yeah I know what you mean. My brother-in-law wanted to retire to Australia. I know he's worth more than a million, he told me they (he and my sister) weren't eligible. As often as his former company has contracted with him to go to South America and Europe to troubleshoot their canning machines, it isn't because he didn't have technical skills. Generally I'm really pro-Austalia except for guns and the immigration deal.

Knowledge here. A lot of people thinking they are going to be about that Beau Geste life in some other country if America shits itself are smoking crack and huffing paint.

These other countries have quite a few doctors, lawyers, etc. They really do not need you.

They do the one thing they often shame us for...
they strictly enforce their immigration policies.

They DO NOT GAF. They never will.

They have no reason to do so.

I known me a few folks who were dependents or college kids who studied abroad and thought they had "assimilated" nooooooope. They did not. They learned the hard way when some skinhead or Albanian comes up and spits in your face.

I like my life in these United States. Nobody really messes with you if you get far enough out, guns everywhere, and I don't gotta be rich to be comfortable.

These other countries are wrong, full of assholes, and they suck. You have Public Transportation....la dee daa....

I have a truck and some Skynyrd.

I win

tb-av
03-01-17, 16:49

That's the one I was looking for...

Rush Limbaugh had some good observations today as well. He also had Pence as a call in guest. One thing Rush concluded was that the Dems may have actually heard Trump for the first time as they otherwise have only heard the lies from the alphabet media. Pence agreed and went on to say that he didn't see a different Trump because that's how he is in private.

Oh... and I just remembered they did a funny as hell parody of the Dem rebuttal... I've got to find that..

sevenhelmet
03-01-17, 17:24

I win

God DAMN I love this closer. Where is that like button?

soulezoo
03-01-17, 21:00
I'm not as old as you (I wasn't even alive in 1984) but the point of your post can be applied to me as well.

Damn you just made me feel old...

Spurholder
03-01-17, 21:12
Yeah, me too. Heck, I enlisted in 1984.

cbx
03-01-17, 21:13
Much thanks!

cbx
03-01-17, 21:20
I hope the shot callers play their cards right. If they do they'll set liberalism back a hell of a long time......

SteyrAUG
03-01-17, 21:59

I win

Skynard sucks, inbred hillbilly anti gun noise. If some asshat with a guitar tries to sing free bird one more effin time I'm gonna hurt somebody.

Ironically I'll be playing "Immigrant Song" by Zeppelin.

pinzgauer
03-02-17, 08:07
You can go to Canada's immigration website questionaire and get an initial read. Factors:

-Do you speak English or French?
-Age... Specifically, how close to retirement are you. (Younger is better, especially if you are dependent on job desirable job skills as well)
- financial means of support
- job skills (something they need or not)
- Education level

Australia/NZ are even stricter.

All are rabidly enforced, the hardest I will ever been screened at borders of about 25+ countries is Canada (Toronto), closely followed by the UK.

Canada very strict about US citizens doing work there. Even go up for a meeting or customer visit and you'll get interrogated on specifics. They are trying to catch US citizens consulting in Canada without work visas.

Most countries you'd want to go to are very hard to immigrate to if not a refugee or asylum situation.

Averageman
03-02-17, 08:09
The two dipshits doing the thumbs down looked like a bunch of high school girls who were being told they had to do their homework. The laughing and giggling didn't add much conviction.

All of the Professionalism of a High School Pep Rally.
I for the life of me will never get past "We have to pass this Bill to Know What is in It." That might have been the low point in over two hundred years of American Government. I'm still not sure why this incompetent worm still has a job?

skywalkrNCSU
03-02-17, 09:11
You can go to Canada's immigration website questionaire and get an initial read. Factors:

-Age... Specifically, how close to retirement are you. (Younger is better, especially if you are dependent on job desirable job skills as well)
- Education level

All are rabidly enforced, the hardest I will ever been screened at borders of about 25+ countries is Canada (Toronto), closely followed by the UK.

Canada very strict about US citizens doing work there. Even go up for a meeting or customer visit and you'll get interrogated on specifics. They are trying to catch US citizens consulting in Canada without work visas.

Most countries you'd want to go to are very hard to immigrate to if not a refugee or asylum situation.

I got the third degree when I tried to go to Canada for some work meetings because I said the wrong thing while going through customs. I was there to help support an audit of one of our Canadian companies (which I did all over the globe, not just Canada) and was only going to be there part of a week. Saying that got me sent to a different room where I had to answer all sorts of questions. Every other time I went to Canada I simply said "meetings" as my purpose and was never questioned again.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-02-17, 09:19

- Education level

I got the third degree when I tried to go to Canada for some work meetings because I said the wrong thing while going through customs. I was there to help support an audit of one of our Canadian companies (which I did all over the globe, not just Canada) and was only going to be there part of a week. Saying that got me sent to a different room where I had to answer all sorts of questions. Every other time I went to Canada I simply said "meetings" as my purpose and was never questioned again.

Yep. Canada.
"Why are you here?"
-Meetings
"About what?"
"Stufffff???" With a dumbass look and raised shoulders.

Canada is not worth the Passport pages and the squeeze of immigration both ways. A complete PITA. Thank God I have Global Entry. Those lines in Toronto get loooong sometimes coming back.

I love how whenever I go overseas I have to show a passport to get a hotel room, but asking for ID here to vote is too much to ask.

pinzgauer
03-02-17, 09:24
Yep. Canada.
"Why are you here?"
-Meetings
"About what?"
"Stufffff???" With a dumbass look and raised shoulders.

Canada is not worth the Passport pages and the squeeze of immigration both ways. A complete PITA. Thank God I have Global Entry. Those lines in Toronto get loooong sometimes coming back.

I love how whenever I go overseas I have to show a passport to get a hotel room, but asking for ID here to vote is too much to ask.

Get a hotel room, rent a car, prove you have time left on your passport before you are allowed in, etc.

BTW, we used to joke that Toronto hired all the out of work Soviet Union Border Guards.

We've had people have to show meeting materials, appointments/invites on laptops, etc.

Firefly
03-02-17, 10:46
Skynard sucks, inbred hillbilly anti gun noise. If some asshat with a guitar tries to sing free bird one more effin time I'm gonna hurt somebody.

Ironically I'll be playing "Immigrant Song" by Zeppelin.

http://replygif.net/i/204.gif

You have offended me, Suh! I challenge you to HK91s at dawn

Firefly
03-02-17, 10:55
But anyways...."Dein papieren bitte" is NOT an exaggeration. Especially dudes who think that Japan is all anime girls and Hello Kitty. Newp.

They have an actual foreigner (not immigrant, but foreigner) card denoting you are and shall always be a foreigner. They will torpedo anything remotely Korean in the water and they still have signs saying "Japanese Only" written in English, Russian, and Korean.

All these other countries bust our balls over immigration but not only are they strict but they back their shit up

Ann Coulter said it best.....America is tge Battered Women's Shelter of the World and it needs to stop.

Figure your own problems out for a change.

Neither Achmed, Yoshi, Fritz, nor Pierre lay awake at night wondering "Gee, I hope Firefly's doing okay."

Averageman
03-02-17, 10:58
Well unless I am forced to do so by my job, I rarely go West of Arizona or North of the Mason/Dixon. I might jump in a Winnebago when I retire and go do some Civil War Battlefields, perhaps even the Smithsonian, but I don't need a lot of what's being sold outside of those few exceptions.
I got to see enough of the world in the Military and was lucky enough to live in Europe for almost a decade.
I'm pretty damned happy with what we have here.

Singlestack Wonder
03-02-17, 12:54
Well unless I am forced to do so by my job, I rarely go West of Arizona or North of the Mason/Dixon. I might jump in a Winnebago when I retire and go do some Civil War Battlefields, perhaps even the Smithsonian, but I don't need a lot of what's being sold outside of those few exceptions.
I got to see enough of the world in the Military and was lucky enough to live in Europe for almost a decade.
I'm pretty damned happy with what we have here.

Amen Brother!

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-02-17, 14:26
http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/politics/yemen-raid-al-qaeda-intelligence-contacts/index.html?adkey=bn

"US tries to ID hundreds of al Qaeda contacts thanks to Yemen raid"

Please, please, please let some of them be from the 7 Nations and not been culled out of the process yet.

SteyrAUG
03-02-17, 16:02
http://replygif.net/i/204.gif

You have offended me, Suh! I challenge you to HK91s at dawn

Doncha mean "Saturday Night Specials"?

Firefly
03-02-17, 16:08
Doncha mean "Saturday Night Specials"?

....you heard me......

SteyrAUG
03-02-17, 17:05
....you heard me......

Well as Skynard tells us...

"Ain't good for nothin'
But put a man six feet in a hole

Hand guns are made for killin'
Ain't no good for nothin' else
And if you like your whiskey
You might even shoot yourself
So why don't we dump 'em people
To the bottom of the sea
Before some fool come around here
Wanna shoot either you or me"

Firefly
03-02-17, 17:27
Nobody listens for the lyrics

Doc Safari
03-02-17, 17:28

Actually I did. That exact song soured me on Lynyrd Skynyrd pretty much forever.

SteyrAUG
03-02-17, 17:45

Seriously, I know Skynard is southern rock religion in your zip code, but you need better tunes. You deserve better tunes.

Dist. Expert 26
03-02-17, 17:50
Actually I did. That exact song soured me on Lynyrd Skynyrd pretty much forever.

I still enjoy watching them live, but yeah, that song took them down more than a few notches in my book. Although to be fair they have reversed their stance in recent years.

Firefly
03-02-17, 18:06
Seriously, I know Skynard is southern rock religion in your zip code, but you need better tunes. You deserve better tunes.

I listen to everything from morbid 80s goth, serious punk, to hardcore trap, to poppy dance, to some serious rebel flag shit.

While we are in OTville now, I will say that at face value that song seems to pee in cheerios but....

I always took it to be more about bad people and bad actions. They denounce whiskey and gambling. It comes from a real place of folks killing folks. If we sat around wanting all our musicians to be G19 toting, NRA members all we'd have is Brad Paisley or Ted Nugent and that would be horrible.

Lynyrd Skynyrd lived a roughneck lifestyle and were colored by their experiences with liquor, dope, women, guns, and plane crashes.

CCR weren't exactly yay guns either

I dont expect everyone to agree with me and I dig what I dig.

SteyrAUG
03-02-17, 18:19
I listen to everything from morbid 80s goth, serious punk, to hardcore trap, to poppy dance, to some serious rebel flag shit.

While we are in OTville now, I will say that at face value that song seems to pee in cheerios but....

I always took it to be more about bad people and bad actions. They denounce whiskey and gambling. It comes from a real place of folks killing folks. If we sat around wanting all our musicians to be G19 toting, NRA members all we'd have is Brad Paisley or Ted Nugent and that would be horrible.

Lynyrd Skynyrd lived a roughneck lifestyle and were colored by their experiences with liquor, dope, women, guns, and plane crashes.

CCR weren't exactly yay guns either

I dont expect everyone to agree with me and I dig what I dig.

And that's kind of my point, they make the entire south sound like a bunch of whiskey drinking retards who can't be trusted with guns. You got Neil Young for that, no need for Skynard to do it too. But perhaps they are "whiskey drinking retards who can't be trusted with guns" and they assume that extends to everyone.

Makes no difference to me, they don't even break my Top 500 list of "music I want to listen to." I have heard Free Bird butchered by so many half assed wanna be folk / rock singers with a guitar that if I never hear it again it will be too soon.

Musically I'm diversified all over the place in a way that no longer makes sense, I should mention I was a DJ from 1983 to about 1995 so that probably has a lot to do with what I like and hate.

Personally I don't know what the 2nd amendment stance is with most artists, except for guys like Mixalot. I like Nugent politically but honestly don't care for his music. But if a group takes the time to trash guns or something else I take seriously then hey F them.

I was big into Ice T way back and even used to bump F the Police with a bunch of LEO friends I had, but when Ice T crossed the line IMO with Cop Killer, that was pretty much it for me and I stopped buying his music or never watched his TV shows, where he ironically enough usually played a cop.

glocktogo
03-02-17, 18:25
And that's kind of my point, they make the entire south sound like a bunch of whiskey drinking retards who can't be trusted with guns. You got Neil Young for that, no need for Skynard to do it too. But perhaps they are "whiskey drinking retards who can't be trusted with guns" and they assume that extends to everyone.

Makes no difference to me, they don't even break my Top 500 list of "music I want to listen to." I have heard Free Bird butchered by so many half assed wanna be folk / rock singers with a guitar that if I never hear it again it will be too soon.

Musically I'm diversified all over the place in a way that no longer makes sense, I should mention I was a DJ from 1983 to about 1995 so that probably has a lot to do with what I like and hate.

Personally I don't know what the 2nd amendment stance is with most artists, except for guys like Mixalot. I like Nugent politically but honestly don't care for his music. But if a group takes the time to trash guns or something else I take seriously then hey F them.

I was big into Ice T way back and even used to bump F the Police with a bunch of LEO friends I had, but when Ice T crossed the line IMO with Cop Killer, that was pretty much it for me and I stopped buying his music or never watched his TV shows, where he ironically enough usually played a cop.

SRV is the thinking man's Skynrd. Skynrd is for... well.... :rolleyes:

Firefly
03-02-17, 18:37
I agree with SRV and doubly agree on Ice T. He's pretty bitchmade.

Bumping F the Police from a Squad Car (allegedly) while prowling is a transcendent experience. Same with KRS One Sound of da Police

But Copkiller was unforgivable, especially now that he is on cop shows aimed at old people.

Meh....Steyr lived the dream. I always wanted to be a DJ and go by DJ Tanner but I dunno squat about stereo equipment

SteyrAUG
03-02-17, 19:04
I agree with SRV and doubly agree on Ice T. He's pretty bitchmade.

Bumping F the Police from a Squad Car (allegedly) while prowling is a transcendent experience. Same with KRS One Sound of da Police

But Copkiller was unforgivable, especially now that he is on cop shows aimed at old people.

Meh....Steyr lived the dream. I always wanted to be a DJ and go by DJ Tanner but I dunno squat about stereo equipment

This is me warming up the 1200s about 20 years out of retirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_NsirYK9e0

Big A
03-02-17, 19:06
If this don't set your toes a tappin then check your pulse.

https://youtu.be/P9wBpmZn9nA

Boba Fett v2
03-02-17, 19:40
This is me warming up the 1200s about 20 years out of retirement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_NsirYK9e0

Component are still where it's at as far as sound quality IMO. I put together a "vintage" Yamaha set a few years ago, primarily for nostalgia. I still spin vinyl on my dad's old SL-1210 MK2 he gave me over a decade ago, but I don't run it hard. My DJing days ended for me after high school.

SteyrAUG
03-02-17, 21:29
Component are still where it's at as far as sound quality IMO. I put together a "vintage" Yamaha set a few years ago, primarily for nostalgia. I still spin vinyl on my dad's old SL-1210 MK2 he gave me over a decade ago, but I don't run it hard. My DJing days ended for me after high school.

When I discovered my vintage hip hop collection wasn't going to be as rare and collectible as old jazz 78 rpms, I decided to just keep having fun with them. Did that video a couple years ago and I pretty much just do that sort of thing once or twice a year. I hope to one day have a complete multi track digital studio so that I can create some massive overdubs and scratch mixes for my personal entertainment.

Firefly
03-02-17, 21:36
DJ SteyrAUG for PukkelPop '99!!

ETA if you had an mp3 of that, I'd totally blast it

MountainRaven
03-02-17, 22:27

Ice T gets it, though.

https://youtu.be/4r442C0zyEM

SteyrAUG
03-02-17, 23:58
Ice T gets it, though.

https://youtu.be/4r442C0zyEM

As with Skynard it's a little too little and a little too late. Always gave the guy the benefit of the doubt, tried to understand he was coming from a different perspective on things and lived a I could extend a lot of objectivity based on that.

But by the time of Body Count, he understood what was what, had seen and lived in the bigger world and basically went full extremist position for nothing more than the cash and hype. He fueled and legitimized an environment not so different from what the BLM movement fostered, it comes as no surprise that the LA Riots came only a few months later.

I don't blame Ice T for causing the riots, but he was dumping gas on the woodpile before it went up. It's one thing to be critical of law enforcement that you perceive as biased but it's quite another to basically espouse support for the execution of any law enforcement officer. He failed to grasp that he was espousing a deadly bias because he objected to a deadly bias he believed existed. Either that or he really didn't care and just did it for the money.