PDA

View Full Version : Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands (VIDEO GAME)

MountainRaven
03-01-17, 20:58
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksalCVLJYT8

Tactical-ish open-world game set in (as far as I can tell) the entire country of Bolivia. The TV spot looks a bit... like ass. Although it does show off the game's KAC Stoner LMG.

Premise is that a Mexican drug cartel (called the Santa Blanca Cartel) has basically single-handedly turned Bolivia into a failed nation. And following the discovery of a DEA agent in their highest ranks, the cartel bombs the US embassy in Sucre and tortures and kills the DEA agent. The player (and his or her friends, or AI fireteam if playing solo) leads a team of Green Berets tasked with dismantling the Santa Blanca Cartel - chiefly using bullets and bombs.

Seems to be a soft reboot of the Ghost Recon franchise: It's set in 2019 - some five years after the events of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, five years before the events in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and about a year before End War's WWIII. Like the original Ghost Recon and Ghost Recon 2 games, the technology is much closer to the very near future (most of the technology already exists) than GRFS's more sci-fi setting. Recon, for instance, is performed with binos and miniature drones (and through allied locals) and there is no active camouflage.

The open beta was last weekend and the game launches in less than a week.

I enjoyed it. Although the aircraft controls were horrible and I'm not fond of the easter egg hunt that is acquiring various weapons and their accessories (although I have to admit that I prefer it to the typical gain XP to unlock). And there are some glaring holes in the game (like a category for stand alone GLs, RPGs, &c. and the ability to customize vehicles). Felt a lot like a tactical shooting-oriented GTA game with a significant dose of Far Cry (the latter part is for pretty obvious reasons, as both the Tom Clancy video game franchise and Far Cry franchise are owned by Ubisoft).

So if you've enjoyed the Tom Clancy games, if you've enjoyed GTA and Far Cry, and/or enjoyed movies like Sicario, End of Watch, and Clear and Present Danger, might be worth checking out in half a week or so.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-01-17, 21:36
My son plays all of these. The one question I had was in Rainbow Six:Siege, why does the lethality go down when the gun has a suppressor? That, and I would have given more thought to joining the military if I knew there were such hot chicks in SF units around the world.

MountainRaven
03-01-17, 21:45
My son plays all of these. The one question I had was in Rainbow Six:Siege, why does the lethality go down when the gun has a suppressor? That, and I would have given more thought to joining the military if I knew there were such hot chicks in SF units around the world.

It's a balance thing: You don't want to make a game in such a manner that certain things are always going to be taken by players and/or the use of such items disadvantages other players in a way that's outsized to their disadvantages.

They give suppressors certain benefits, like in the Call of Duty games where firing a gun makes you show up on the mini map, suppressed weapons don't do so, or games like Ghost Recon where they greatly reduce the ability of AI enemies to detect the player's gunshots.

I think Medal of Honor: Warfighter did the most "realistic" job by having suppressors impact weapons handling, although I think even then, mounting a suppressor reduces the weapons' effective range.

Ghost Recon: Wildlands is sufficiently close to it's tactical shooter roots that suppressed weapons are not notably worse than unsuppressed weapons when it comes to ventilating sicarios. (Although I never really ran any unsuppressed weapons outside of LMGs.)

Kain
03-01-17, 22:02
According to a friend of mine who is more of a gamer than I he said the game, at least the open beta, was decent. He has a couple friends who are playing together and that seems to be more of the draw for him than the gameplay, but he didn't have any major issues with the game from what he told me.

Personally the last Clancy game, my god rest his literary soul, was Vegas 2 which I played a good bit with a friend and a few others. I got props for the fact I was the only one who dedicated themselves to running the Mk23 as the sidearm, opposed to some Desert Eagle or hand cannon, to great affect I might add, and the XM8. I was also the only person I person I know who had someone ask if the guns I was running, XM8, had 2 round burst since my trigger control was so good that every time I pulled the trigger, I put two rounds on target, cuz I was a badass boss. :cool: even though it was only FA or single as for fire options. I also had one map i accounted personally for 48 of 50 tangos, again cuz I was a badass boss, and the other 3 guys I was playing with were kind of sucky.

If I get a chance I'll report on the new ghost Recon if I get a chance, though me and said friend have been playing through Borderlands 2, the Handsome Jack Edition and enjoying the simple pleasure of mindlessly killing shit, at least for the most part. I kill, he runs the missions. It is why I choose the Gunzerker. Lol.

Firefly
03-01-17, 23:55
I remember the first one like 16 years ago. I got the Dragunov girl and the bitchy blonde with the suppresses MP5. You were fighting in Russia or whatever.

I dont have much time for vidya games lately and I'm kinda sick of SF saves the day stuff.

Far Cry was fun. Especially when that black chick screws you and kills you. Story of my life

Kain
03-01-17, 23:58
Far Cry was fun. Especially when that black chick screws you and kills you. Story of my life

I think she was Samoan brother. And they a lot freakier, all things being equal. Story of my life.

Honu
03-02-17, 03:01
did the beta
good to have a non sci-fi shooter
the open ? not sure how its going to work some bad helicopter control and plane got stuck against a box to easy ? cars handle like garbage and you can do to much stupid stuff ? in some ways a smaller more well controlled area then so open its going to be a waste of time
Battlefield is open but has a solid reason and has tactical along the way not sure this open is going to be as good ?

seems like a fun shooter though

Moose-Knuckle
03-02-17, 03:26
Ghost Recon was my favorite shooter franchise bar none.

Looks pretty slick.

C-grunt
03-02-17, 04:10
I have it pre-ordered. We'll see if it can pull me away from Siege. Though it looks like it really has the ability to.

Scrubber3
03-02-17, 05:36
It's Far Cry with the ability to play the main story line with 3 friends while using all of our favorite toys and we don't have to skin pigs.

I played the beta and while I noticed some buggy areas, it was still very enjoyable. A beta is expected to have problems, but this one have very few. They need to fine tune the vehicles for sure, but I will say this: once you get used to the flying, it was quiet easy.

Killing that one dude to finish out the beta was a little too easy though.

I have it DLd and will play shit out of it once it releases.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
03-02-17, 11:41
I'm a huge fan of Siege.

I also thoroughly enjoyed co-oping through the Wildlands beta. I will most likely be picking it up.

Koshinn
03-02-17, 13:30
I played about 6 hrs of the open beta and finished the missions. Played both by myself (with 3 AI, which are worthless) and with some co-workers (civilians) and my step-brother (veteran, current LEO).

My thoughts are... it's a lot like GTA V, but better shooting (including first person) and a lot worse driving mechanics. The helicopter is impossible to control, vehicles do a 90 degree turn with a slight touch of left or right, and even a family sedan can drive up a 60 degree+ dirt slope. Just about the only thing easy to control is fixed wing aircraft, and those can't even yaw.

I'll be playing it. It's fun. If you're planning on playing it on PC, let's swap ubisoft names or whatever.

fallenromeo
03-02-17, 16:01
Interesting to here so many positive reviews of the Beta. I was originally very excited for this, and then a bunch of online reviewers and blogs started ripping it to shit and made it sound like we waited all this time for a hot sack of garbage. I am going to go back and see if any have changed their tune after playing the Beta

graffex
03-02-17, 16:04
Absolutely loved the BETA and game is already purchased. It's a nice mix of the Division, and Far Cry. Name on uplay is graffex, hit me up suckas.

MountainRaven
03-02-17, 16:55
To be fair, I was expecting to hate it: Ubisoft seems to be determined to run the Tom Clancy games into the ground. The only decent, recent game is Rainbow Six: Siege and it lacks a single-player campaign and any of the tactical preplanning and team/based movement that defined the originals.

Michael Ironside is gone from Splinter Cell and Sam Fisher seems to be going Benjamin Button on us. The Division was a waste of time. And GRFS was fun, but it felt like an Eastern European SOF team and it didn't feel like the sort of thing Green Berets would be doing (better than GRAW and GRAW2, where they were doing Delta Force things).

Scrubber3
03-03-17, 08:23
One of my favorite things to do on the Wildlands Beta was to call in mortar strikes. Call in a strike, lob some grenades, lay down the lead. **** being stealth all the time.

HCrum87hc
03-03-17, 11:58
I definitely have my eyes on this one. I've been looking forward to it for a while, but the poor beta reviews from the gaming rags turned me off. It seems like you guys have more positive things to say, so I'll have to look back into it when it releases.

bear13
03-04-17, 13:34
I did not enjoy it. Felt like a shooter from ten years ago. Driving was terrible and the graphics up close were not good. I think if I had guys to play with it would be more enjoyable. But going solo was not that great. Too much spent on the open world vs the actual gameplay to me. I was a huge medal of honor (newer games) and bad company 1 and 2 fan. Would really like another game like that. But the multiplayer stuff is so big now it feels like campaigns are just bonuses

Koshinn
03-04-17, 19:48
One of my favorite things to do on the Wildlands Beta was to call in mortar strikes. Call in a strike, lob some grenades, lay down the lead. **** being stealth all the time.

There's this one mission in the beta where you had to find a traitor before his former buddies in the cartel found him. We ID'd him, then I drove up in a pick up truck, grabbed him, threw him in, and hauled ass out like a Mexican kidnapping. Was hilarious that it worked - you're obviously supposed to take out the cartel members searching for him then pick him up when it's safe.

In a later mission, you have to go into a mine and kill this dude. We drove an APC into the mine and blew up everyone with its main gun before we had to go down some stairs. Also hilarious.

MountainRaven
03-04-17, 21:53
There's this one mission in the beta where you had to find a traitor before his former buddies in the cartel found him. We ID'd him, then I drove up in a pick up truck, grabbed him, threw him in, and hauled ass out like a Mexican kidnapping. Was hilarious that it worked - you're obviously supposed to take out the cartel members searching for him then pick him up when it's safe.

In a later mission, you have to go into a mine and kill this dude. We drove an APC into the mine and blew up everyone with its main gun before we had to go down some stairs. Also hilarious.

In the first mission, I sniped the cartel guys with my team before dropping mortars on the main group of them.

Before I did the mine mission, I went to the mine to get the Tavor and flew there in a Little Bird with rocket pods. Dropped down to level with the mine entrance and sent rockets down the mine until the bad guys stopped coming.

I also found during the helicopter stealing side missions that the best way to keep the cartel lieutenants from fleeing with the helicopter was to find them and kill them before lighting up the rest of the cartel soldiers guarding it.

Also annoying: The most effective weapon against SBC and UNIDAD helos are rifle-mounted M203/320s. More effective than LMGs or mini guns. Maybe once the game comes out and I can get better optics on the assault rifles and sniper rifles, I'll be able to snipe the pilots (like I've done in Arma 2).

Doc. Holiday
03-06-17, 08:40
I had a blast as well with the beta! I absolutely loved skydiving into the mission zone. My buddies and I would have base jumping races to see who could go the farthest and the closest to the ground without deploying your chute. We had some pretty good laughs.

Like most have already stated. The birds take some getting used to flying. Overall, I would give it a 8/10. But that's not saying much as I haven't really been a gamer since Counter Strike 1.6 and Day of Defeat. Ah....those were the days....my grades took a serious dump during those years lol!

Koshinn
03-07-17, 00:51
I'm skhmt on ubisoft.

http://i.imgur.com/1KkrHFx.jpg

Stoner LMG and SR-25. Fun times are ahead.

Also, my UBR appears to be broken.

WickedWillis
03-07-17, 10:27
I'm skhmt on ubisoft.

http://i.imgur.com/1KkrHFx.jpg

Stoner LMG and SR-25. Fun times are ahead.

Also, my UBR appears to be broken.

LOL! Some of their gear appears to be legitimate. Lots of licensing it seems. Not quite to the Medal Of Honor Warfighther level, but still good.

Doc. Holiday
03-08-17, 08:17
Just an update on the Helo's.

They are MUCH easier to fly in the actual game! Still a little quirky just like any game out there, but there is a night and day difference as far as what the beta demonstrated than what the actual game play is.

Koshinn
03-08-17, 10:26
Just an update on the Helo's.

They are MUCH easier to fly in the actual game! Still a little quirky just like any game out there, but there is a night and day difference as far as what the beta demonstrated than what the actual game play is.

I haven't noticed much difference :(

Speaking of helos, if your pilot ditches and you don't have a parachute, god help you. I was stuck in a spinning pilotless helo for a few minutes until I was finally shot down.

My current load out is the SR-25 (because the G28 has a ton of bullet drop even though it should be better by stats) with the scope with a T-1 on top, and a Mk17 with 203 and T-1. As fjallhrafn mentioned, the 203 is the best anti-helo weapon, and semi-auto rifles are way better than LMGs and bolt actions.

Wake27
03-08-17, 11:33
Looking forward to trying this game out, it's downloading to my PS4 now. Anyone else here on PSN?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WickedWillis
03-08-17, 11:42
Looking forward to trying this game out, it's downloading to my PS4 now. Anyone else here on PSN?

I will be at some point

PSN: Willis2515

Live: WillisInChains

Doc. Holiday
03-08-17, 11:57
Speaking of helos, if your pilot ditches and you don't have a parachute, god help you. I was stuck in a spinning pilotless helo for a few minutes until I was finally shot down.

LOL I can only imagine!

My brother and I noticed a huge difference with the handling. Trying to get them to fly forward in the Beta was a joke, but in the game they were not as jerky which is nice.

I will have to try the semi auto's. I really dig the MSR and the DTA HTI.

We came so close to hijacking the Cobra helicopter, but were shot by a sniper that we thought wasn't there. Effing drone jammer....

Koshinn
03-08-17, 12:43
LOL I can only imagine!

My brother and I noticed a huge difference with the handling. Trying to get them to fly forward in the Beta was a joke, but in the game they were not as jerky which is nice.

I will have to try the semi auto's. I really dig the MSR and the DTA HTI.

We came so close to hijacking the Cobra helicopter, but were shot by a sniper that we thought wasn't there. Effing drone jammer....

The semiautomatic snipers really help in case you miss your first shot and want to take down a guy before he raises the alarm.

The MSR is definitely my favorite bolt action so far.

Firefly
03-08-17, 13:12
So is this, like, GTA with Green Berets murdering Julio cartels where you can wait to go in under cover of darkness and slit throats and have epic last stand battles worthy of Section 20?

Also can you make your own guy? Like I want a bald black dude with Vietnam era ERDL who is crazy like the guy from Dead Presidents.

If so.....I may have to get this.....

WickedWillis
03-08-17, 13:15
So is this, like, GTA with Green Berets murdering Julio cartels where you can wait to go in under cover of darkness and slit throats and have epic last stand battles worthy of Section 20?

Also can you make your own guy? Like I want a bald black dude with Vietnam era ERDL who is crazy like the guy from Dead Presidents.

Yes you can make your own guy

Doc. Holiday
03-08-17, 13:22
Yup! Buy it dude

Koshinn
03-08-17, 16:13

I've done that so many times the last couple of days. Half the things I do in the game would be worthy of film or TV. The other half as a cautionary tale of what not to do.

Firefly
03-08-17, 16:31
I've done that so many times the last couple of days. Half the things I do in the game would be worthy of film or TV. The other half as a cautionary tale of what not to do.

Sold once I get some kopecks free.

Koshinn
03-08-17, 16:58
So I was attacking a cartel base with my brother last night. We were counter-sniping for a while, but as luck would have it, a Bolivian SOF helo flew overhead. Bolivian SOF (UNIDAD) have an understanding with the Santa Blanca Cartel. So I fired a round off at the helo and tagged it. They thought the Cartel was engaging them and called for reinforcements. We sat back and watched as a bunch of UNIDAD vehicles pulled up and started unloading on the Cartel forces. As the fighting drew the Cartel sicarios away from the rear of the base, we snuck in to grab the intel we needed.

But our luck ran out - the Bolivian forces wiped out the last of the Cartel before we could exfil. So I shot down one of their helos providing top cover. That got their attention... Then we ambushed one of the three or so squads hunting us with our 203s, ran down the hill, jumped into one of the UNIDAD gun trucks that they abandoned at the base of the hill, and gunned it off-road a few km until we lost them.

That was just one thing we did yesterday in Wildlands.

Wake27
03-08-17, 19:03
So I was attacking a cartel base with my brother last night. We were counter-sniping for a while, but as luck would have it, a Bolivian SOF helo flew overhead. Bolivian SOF (UNIDAD) have an understanding with the Santa Blanca Cartel. So I fired a round off at the helo and tagged it. They thought the Cartel was engaging them and called for reinforcements. We sat back and watched as a bunch of UNIDAD vehicles pulled up and started unloading on the Cartel forces. As the fighting drew the Cartel sicarios away from the rear of the base, we snuck in to grab the intel we needed.

But our luck ran out - the Bolivian forces wiped out the last of the Cartel before we could exfil. So I shot down one of their helos providing top cover. That got their attention... Then we ambushed one of the three or so squads hunting us with our 203s, ran down the hill, jumped into one of the UNIDAD gun trucks that they abandoned at the base of the hill, and gunned it off-road a few km until we lost them.

That was just one thing we did yesterday in Wildlands.

That's badass. UNIDAD guys are no joke. They messed me up a few minutes ago.

Doc. Holiday
03-09-17, 08:11
Also can you make your own guy? .

Not only can you make your guy, but you can make up to 6 other saved "outfits". For example, I have a winter kit for snow missions, desert kit for well...desert mission and so on and so forth.

I'm laughing at myself with how geeky I am sounding as I haven't been a gamer since CS and DOD back in the day, but this game is easily in my top 3 now. There was so much thought put into this. Maybe other games have these abilities and options and I just haven't been around them to experience it.

Scrubber3
03-09-17, 09:57

That guy was next to a car with a trunk. We walked on up from the back, ambushed him, stuffed him in the trunk, and drove out. Took out 2 of the sentries. That was fun.

MountainRaven
03-09-17, 16:32
The game needs a Glock. And RPGs or SMAWs. I just want to have an AK, FAL, or G3 with LPVO, an RPG-7, and a Glock. I also wish that you could take the MP7 as a sidearm (so a sniper could run a sniper rifle, a stand-alone launcher, and an MP7).

Instead I'm running an AK with a GP-25/30/34 (don't know enough about Russian GLs to differentiate), a Desert Tech SRS, and a USP45 Tactical.

The SilencerCo Maxim9 would be close enough to a G19/17/18C, but I'm not paying Ubisoft ten bucks to unlock another SRS and a bunch of stuff I'm not going to use to get it.

I haven't noticed much difference :(

My current load out is the SR-25 (because the G28 has a ton of bullet drop even though it should be better by stats) with the scope with a T-1 on top, and a Mk17 with 203 and T-1. As fjallhrafn mentioned, the 203 is the best anti-helo weapon, and semi-auto rifles are way better than LMGs and bolt actions.

I actually managed to one-shot a guy with a Desert Tech SRS at 390 meters last night. I had another one at ~290 where I missed the guy on the first shot but managed to Todd Hodnett ('the bullet never lies') the second shot onto the guy before he sounded the alarm.

The G28 is pretty junk, too, with that whole dropping like a mortar thing. I think I had to take three or four shots at a guy at ~350 before I got him - by which point, his buddies were onto me. I wish they had a way to figure out your hold overs without having to spitball it.

Except for the ERDL, pretty much.

Has camouflages from Kryptek, Crye, ATACS, plus six- and three-color desert, M81-ish Woodland, NWU (because reasons), AOR1 and -2, CADPAT arid and temperate, plus the usual assortment of drab solids. Plus bright solids and plaids.

The 'coyote brown' is closer to Nutria brown, so combining with the very South Africa/Rhodesia-cut boonie hat gives a decent basis for a sort of African mercenary look.

No BDU tops, though, which is disappointing.

There is a Max Mad-inspired costume you can unlock in Ubisoft's Uplay Club.

No knifing people, either. Even though the "MOLLE harness" has a knife hanging off of it Sgt. Barnes style, it's never come out in gameplay. Crushed a few windpipes with the dust cover/rear sight of an AK, though.

--- --- ---

Last night I parachuted out of a Blackhawk on top of a three-man UNIDAD outpost in a wooded area, took the M4A1 weapon crate, stole one of the responding UNIDAD trucks, used it to sneak into an UNIDAD FOB, stole the Mk17 SCAR weapon crate, then exfiled in an UNIDAD dune buggy. Almost got away clean, but UNIDAD spotted us on our way out and then we ran.

Firefly
03-09-17, 16:37
My guy is still gonna be like the Dead Presidents dude

Doc. Holiday
03-09-17, 16:39
Ya I wish you could knife people and have RPGS as well. I also think it would be rad to have NVGs that would flip down and up when in use and what not.

Doc. Holiday
03-09-17, 16:43
The G28 is pretty junk, too, with that whole dropping like a mortar thing. I think I had to take three or four shots at a guy at ~350 before I got him - by which point, his buddies were onto me. I wish they had a way to figure out your hold overs without having to spitball it.

So I actually took my L96 out (can't remember what the game calls is L118A3 or something) and wrote a "dope card" so I don't have to worry about missing shots when I need to make that first shot count (which it counts every time, especially with the UNIDAD).

WickedWillis
03-09-17, 16:46
Ya I wish you could knife people and have RPGS as well. I also think it would be rad to have NVGs that would flip down and up when in use and what not.

There are RPG's late game from what I am hearing

Firefly
03-09-17, 16:48
Also can I mod my whole squad and have my own music playing?

I want to kill Julios while blasting WASP's Cocaine Cowboys.

And aside from Clevon, I want a crazy white boy from Texas, an asian chick who has a mysterious past, and a grizzled old SAW gunner who is two weeks to retirement

Jer
03-09-17, 16:51

And aside from Clevon, I want a crazy white boy from Texas, an asian chick who has a mysterious past, and a grizzled old SAW gunner who is two weeks to retirement

ROFL.

MountainRaven
03-09-17, 16:56

Nope. When you're solo, it's a pre determined fireteam you're leading.

Wake27
03-09-17, 18:30
I too wish you could knife and change the appearance of your team. I don't know how there aren't RPGs everywhere in the game. Its fun, but some shit is really pissing me off. I've failed to capture the first LT at least four times. This fifth try, I was standing at the vehicle's driver door when he got out and was holding the button to grab him. Then he died. I have no idea how other than my AI team shot him? Stupid. There was some other big stuff too but IDK at the moment. All the cool weapon mods though and I can't put night sights on the 1911... Not cray about the short barrels reducing damage either. I did just figure out that if you order your team to open fire, that means they'll actually assault any marked enemies. That was kind of cool, they should re-label that order because there is definitely a difference. I was providing overwatch with the SR25 and smoking baddies as they assaulted. Perfect position to drop their QRF too.

Firefly
03-09-17, 21:21
I have been screwing around with it and.....

It is amusing but frustrating. My fireteam look like youtube 5.11 douches. And I can't fix that.

I can't make Clevon. The game is a tactical tailor/5.11 commercial. So I picked out a swarthy guy and made a passable avatar of myself, but I blacked out my face with paint and have on a ghillie top, MC trop cap, and cook white BDU woodland trousers. My guy looks like a jungle demon ready to steal souls and my fireteam look like guys from Gall's catalogue.

You guys with SR-25s.....must be nice. I have a bootlegged M4 with no ACOG or any real helpful thing. I'd love to fabricate a Mk. 12 like MGSV.

This is bullshit, if my guy is some deep cover Green Beanie then why a nickel cant get a QM up in here? Why I gotta track guns down like pokemon? The microtransaction could fix me up but funk dat. This game cost me 60 bucks and I am kinda casual. But it IS good exercise for my jacked up wrist.

The Atmosphere is AMAZING. You feel like you are in Bolivia. The radios in cars have catchy songs. I coulda sworn I heard Pink's I'm Coming Up.

If you speak spanish....you can tell they got native speakers. They cuss and coordinate. "Dispare" is a word you will hear a lot. It is a command to fire. They say it before shooting at you. Dispare a lo balcon. (balcony) Dispera a lo carro (car). Disparar a los arbustos (bushes). What they dont say in english can help a lot if you know it.

The M40 is wack. An ACOG? No 3-9x40?

Why can I not have the ACOG on my M4 and a regular scope? Waaack.

Mudbogging is fun. YeeeeHAAAAWW

The Helicopter is awkward.

You get gigged if you kill a civilian. Lame. They are all collaborators!

Anything fun requires an unlock.

I am still getting my legs on this. It's fun but could be funner. I figure I will put in some weekend time to get better the controls before I venture online. I figure playing with others would be way more fun.

I will say one thing....if you told me years ago video games would be like this, I woulda thought you were crazy. This is like MGSV without all the sci fi anime stuff. Though I wish I had Quiet with me. And I wish Laura Branigans Gloria would play on helicopter flights. I also miss Pequod.

It is enthralling. I remember the GR game on the way way back where you were in the Soviet Union.

Anyways....the drug gauchos arent gonna kill themselves so.....deuces

Koshinn
03-10-17, 01:50
There are RPG's late game from what I am hearing

I'm pretty late game and no RPGs. Just 320 and 203. The .50 sniper rifle (HTI) can one or two shot most helos tho.

This is like MGSV without all the sci fi anime stuff. Though I wish I had Quiet with me. And I wish Laura Branigans Gloria would play on helicopter flights. I also miss Pequod.

That's what my brother and I were saying. It's like co-op MGSV without the awesome music. I swear I've heard Quiet humming once or twice in Wildlands.

Yeah, the G28 sucks. Oh well. By the way, if you equip both the SR-25 and G28, refill your ammo, then swap out the G28 for something else, you'll keep the excess ammo until you die or fast travel or use it.

Scrubber3
03-10-17, 07:50
I have been screwing around with it and.....

It is amusing but frustrating. My fireteam look like youtube 5.11 douches. And I can't fix that.

I can't make Clevon. The game is a tactical tailor/5.11 commercial. So I picked out a swarthy guy and made a passable avatar of myself, but I blacked out my face with paint and have on a ghillie top, MC trop cap, and cook white BDU woodland trousers. My guy looks like a jungle demon ready to steal souls and my fireteam look like guys from Gall's catalogue.

You guys with SR-25s.....must be nice. I have a bootlegged M4 with no ACOG or any real helpful thing. I'd love to fabricate a Mk. 12 like MGSV.

This is bullshit, if my guy is some deep cover Green Beanie then why a nickel cant get a QM up in here? Why I gotta track guns down like pokemon? The microtransaction could fix me up but funk dat. This game cost me 60 bucks and I am kinda casual. But it IS good exercise for my jacked up wrist.

The Atmosphere is AMAZING. You feel like you are in Bolivia. The radios in cars have catchy songs. I coulda sworn I heard Pink's I'm Coming Up.

If you speak spanish....you can tell they got native speakers. They cuss and coordinate. "Dispare" is a word you will hear a lot. It is a command to fire. They say it before shooting at you. Dispare a lo balcon. (balcony) Dispera a lo carro (car). Disparar a los arbustos (bushes). What they dont say in english can help a lot if you know it.

The M40 is wack. An ACOG? No 3-9x40?

Why can I not have the ACOG on my M4 and a regular scope? Waaack.

Mudbogging is fun. YeeeeHAAAAWW

The Helicopter is awkward.

You get gigged if you kill a civilian. Lame. They are all collaborators!

Anything fun requires an unlock.

I am still getting my legs on this. It's fun but could be funner. I figure I will put in some weekend time to get better the controls before I venture online. I figure playing with others would be way more fun.

I will say one thing....if you told me years ago video games would be like this, I woulda thought you were crazy. This is like MGSV without all the sci fi anime stuff. Though I wish I had Quiet with me. And I wish Laura Branigans Gloria would play on helicopter flights. I also miss Pequod.

It is enthralling. I remember the GR game on the way way back where you were in the Soviet Union.

Anyways....the drug gauchos arent gonna kill themselves so.....deuces

What system are you playing on?

Doc. Holiday
03-10-17, 08:14
So last night I was able to beat my own personal sniping record. My longest kill shot was 438m and now my new longest record is 573m with my L118A3 (AWM) and believe it or not, I actually got several kills "sniping" with the R5 RGP (AR15) at 445m with my eotech and magnifier! I just switched it to semi auto and was "mortaring" my round onto them lol.

What are your guys' longest kill shots?

WickedWillis
03-10-17, 10:16
That's what my brother and I were saying. It's like co-op MGSV without the awesome music. I swear I've heard Quiet humming once or twice in Wildlands.

Has to be the worst MGS in the franchise.....

Firefly
03-10-17, 12:11
What system are you playing on?

PS4

More Observations:

This game really IS MGSV with no Quiet nor 80s pop hits. Lots of side missions that can be fun or boring. Sadly I cant smoke a cigar and have the "WHOA-HOOOOOO" sound to wait until nightfall

I cant 12 o clock on motorcycles for as long as I want.

I finally ran into the Ghostbusters (La Unidad). I was shooting them with my Wal Mart M4 and killed a few until they called in an attack chopper and wiped my ass out.

Then I decided it was time for bed.

I need more beltfed and a gorram rocket launcher.

WickedWillis
03-10-17, 12:12
PS4

More Observations:

This game really IS MGSV with no Quiet nor 80s pop hits. Lots of side missions that can be fun or boring. Sadly I cant smoke a cigar and have the "WHOA-HOOOOOO" sound to wait until nightfall

I finally ran into the Ghostbusters (La Unidad). I was shooting them with my Wal Mart M4 and killed a few until they called in an attack chopper and wiped my ass out.

You can get a cigar through the Ubisoft club. No joke.

Scrubber3
03-10-17, 13:42
You can get a cigar through the Ubisoft club. No joke.
True story. I got one

Scrubber3
03-10-17, 13:49
PS4

More Observations:

Next time you run into them and they start shit, bail before it gets too heavy.

I found that hiding in a building (preferably where there is more than one building) is the best way to get away until you unlock the ability to call in rebel support or some sicarios to handle it while you scoot.

Scrubber3
03-10-17, 13:51
So last night I was able to beat my own personal sniping record. My longest kill shot was 438m and now my new longest record is 573m with my L118A3 (AWM) and believe it or not, I actually got several kills "sniping" with the R5 RGP (AR15) at 445m with my eotech and magnifier! I just switched it to semi auto and was "mortaring" my round onto them lol.

What are your guys' longest kill shots?

I got one at around 500m last night.

Firefly
03-10-17, 14:02
Next time you run into them and they start shit, bail before it gets too heavy.

I found that hiding in a building (preferably where there is more than one building) is the best way to get away until you unlock the ability to call in rebel support or some sicarios to handle it while you scoot.

Heres the thing. I randomly catch them screwing with some people so I waste them and then it escalates to the point of airstrikes.

I find a gunship and do a Kilgore on FOB Armadillo to capture that officer and nothing happens other than they mutter in spanish "Call off search. We cannot find the enemy. Stand down"

Priorities.

Scrubber3
03-10-17, 14:18
Heres the thing. I randomly catch them screwing with some people so I waste them and then it escalates to the point of airstrikes.

I find a gunship and do a Kilgore on FOB Armadillo to capture that officer and nothing happens other than they mutter in spanish "Call off search. We cannot find the enemy. Stand down"

Priorities.

Gotta pick em off faster... get some friends with a PS4 to help. That way they cannot call in the reinforcements.

You just need to get an XBOX homie.

Koshinn
03-10-17, 15:00
I actively hunt UNIDAD and Cartel helos now with my HTI and 203.

Also I take potshots at helos to get them to engage enemy forces all the time now.

Scrubber3
03-10-17, 15:28
Shitballs

Wake27
03-10-17, 19:01
I actively hunt UNIDAD and Cartel helos now with my HTI and 203.

Also I take potshots at helos to get them to engage enemy forces all the time now.

I haven't been able to get that to work yet. I fired on one over an outpost last night, it came back and circled while they "suspected" me but I didn't shoot again because I figured it'd give me away and then I'd have all the cartel baddies and the help to deal with. Repeated this a few times before I got bored and moved on.

Koshinn
03-10-17, 20:16
I haven't been able to get that to work yet. I fired on one over an outpost last night, it came back and circled while they "suspected" me but I didn't shoot again because I figured it'd give me away and then I'd have all the cartel baddies and the help to deal with. Repeated this a few times before I got bored and moved on.

Fire a round to hit the helo and just wait. What often happens is the helo fires a few rounds at you, the cartel assumes it's at them, and they fight.

Firefly
03-10-17, 20:42
This is becoming borderline work.

I had to do some sneaky pete mess to get a proper M4 and now....now I have to move heaven and earth to find 30 round mags.

Why is it that my guy is supposed to be some far out Green Beret that doesn't exist yet I can't have 30 rounds. What kind of California bullshit is this?

If they gave you all the guns up front, the game would be way more fun.

Also there are never any planes if you want to jump in to an area.

And if the helicopter controlled like the drones.....it would be easier.

And it almost does no good to ghille up so my guy now looks like normal.

I am sure with multiplayer and coordination you could go on some epic adventures but for now I am still on a learning curve just to get proper gats.

Shooting that one unidad go kart guy from 300 yards was neat though with the Comp M4 but I got lucky.

Also this game almost makes me resent people who arm these shitholes for real.

matar es la palabra del dia

Koshinn
03-10-17, 23:42
This is becoming borderline work.

I had to do some sneaky pete mess to get a proper M4 and now....now I have to move heaven and earth to find 30 round mags.

Why is it that my guy is supposed to be some far out Green Beret that doesn't exist yet I can't have 30 rounds. What kind of California bullshit is this?

If they gave you all the guns up front, the game would be way more fun.

Also there are never any planes if you want to jump in to an area.

And if the helicopter controlled like the drones.....it would be easier.

And it almost does no good to ghille up so my guy now looks like normal.

I am sure with multiplayer and coordination you could go on some epic adventures but for now I am still on a learning curve just to get proper gats.

Shooting that one unidad go kart guy from 300 yards was neat though with the Comp M4 but I got lucky.

Also this game almost makes me resent people who arm these shitholes for real.

matar es la palabra del dia

wait... go kart guy?

Wake27
03-10-17, 23:50
Yeah they should've gone 30, 40, 60 round PMAGs, maybe 90 round surefires. 20 is horseshit. I grabbed the P416, haven't ventured to the M4 yet. Laser is probably next. Then I'll do some real playing. I've only completed like three main missions...

And I'm glad that your team can't compromise you because it'd be really frustrating at some points, but having a cartel dude walk right up to my three and not see them may be a little much.

Firefly
03-11-17, 00:31
wait... go kart guy?

Yeah. Around Pucara Unidad had a one man unit patrolling in this go kart dune buggy looking thing.

I'm trying my damndest to get that Stoner 96.... Anyhow One guy says "Unidad in the area".
.I look down the road and see this go kart with a light bar so WITH MY 20 ROUND MAGS....I draw a bead with the aimpoint and shoot at the driver side. The car lurches to the side and I get it to go back to the mine. My team all stand around looking stupid as it is a one seater. So I dune buggy back to the quarry and finally get that Stoner. Its much nicer than that Ultimax looking deal I found.

I finally did try my little airborne ranger spiel thinking it was some empty place. NOPE.

I found a light plane and flew over another SEVERE Unidad FOB not knowing it was a FOB.

Out the door....AIIIIIIIRBORNE like I was Damien Scott and ended up parachuting right in the middle of a kill space of miniguns.

It was such an epic fail I had to laugh. I though I was doing some Red Dawn mess to Sicarios.

NOPE.

Unidads with week long hard ons.

Sometimes screwing up is actually funny.

A lot of times it is just frustrating. I cant help but think starting off with 30 rounders like the freaking cooks and finance get instead of 20 rounders would enhance my enjoyment but I'll get them eventually. And an ACOG.

I'm sure some 16 year old bought all the guns and gear with real money but......nah.

I think with an SR25 and just an ACOG on my M4 I could get more done.

The Stoner rocks though. I got a "Men with Green faces" deal going on in Ocoro. Jeans, ATACS FG, and a cook white Tiger Boonie (it says USAF Digital Tiger but it's really a cook white tadpole sparse boonie) and my face blacked out. Got ATACS iX on my Stoner. But I need a better comp and red dot.

That M40 would get more use if I had a real scope on it.

So far some civies couldnt dodge my Stoner when I got into a shootout with Sicarios in a ville, but aside from a chiding; no negative effects yet.

But they were collaborators.

The only honchos I greased yet were Uri and Polito. I just chucked two grenades in on em
and let the Ultimax sort out the rest.

Now I'm gunning for the pedo preacher's kid.

Koshinn
03-11-17, 01:04
I finally did try my little airborne ranger spiel thinking it was some empty place. NOPE.

I found a light plane and flew over another SEVERE Unidad FOB not knowing it was a FOB.

Out the door....AIIIIIIIRBORNE like I was Damien Scott and ended up parachuting right in the middle of a kill space of miniguns.

It was such an epic fail I had to laugh. I though I was doing some Red Dawn mess to Sicarios.

NOPE.

Unidads with week long hard ons.

I laughed a lot reading this haha

Firefly
03-11-17, 23:06
This game is stupidly addictive.

I got the KAC PDW and 30 round mag and now just use my M4 as a bloop gun.

My KAC is my pointman Carl Gustav. Pop pop. Esp. with laser.

The funnest "I did not think I was going to get away with it" mission was stealing the medicine truck from Unidad. I got into quite a firefight but called in a mortar strike. I tore ass in that truck singing Eastbound and Down hoping that chopper wouldnt find me (it didnt).

When my drone revealed 20 Unidad I was like "whaaaaaat?"

It felt like third world Smokey and the Bandit.

ETA: OUTLAW COUNTRY WOOOO!!

Koshinn
03-12-17, 05:06
My favorite weapon has become the M4A1 with CompM4, 203, atpial, 50rd mag, and suppressor. It offers a good mix of accuracy, range, rate of fire and controllability in full auto, and magazine capacity. I think because of the 203, an assault rifle is basically mandatory.

I still like the SR-25, but it feels redundant with the M4. So my secondary has evolved into the Mk48 with T-1, 200rd belt, vertical grip, and compensator. This thing shreds vehicles, helos, and anyone who thinks things like walls are cover.

I killed 5 helos and at least 6 land vehicles in a defend the radio rebel side mission with this setup.

ryanm
03-12-17, 06:46
HTI FTW :)

Wake27
03-12-17, 12:36
My favorite weapon has become the M4A1 with CompM4, 203, atpial, 50rd mag, and suppressor. It offers a good mix of accuracy, range, rate of fire and controllability in full auto, and magazine capacity. I think because of the 203, an assault rifle is basically mandatory.

I still like the SR-25, but it feels redundant with the M4. So my secondary has evolved into the Mk48 with T-1, 200rd belt, vertical grip, and compensator. This thing shreds vehicles, helos, and anyone who thinks things like walls are cover.

I killed 5 helos and at least 6 land vehicles in a defend the radio rebel side mission with this setup.

I have to switch back and forth between the KAC LMG and SR25. Like you said, if not for needing a GL I would just ditch the AR. I always pick off the isolated guards from a distance so I want at least a DMR for distance work.

Koshinn
03-12-17, 12:41
I generally close to about 200-250m and can use the red dot for that purpose.

The HTI has a bug or something, it does far less damage with a suppressor to vehicles. It goes from like 1-2 shotting helos to like 6+.

MountainRaven
03-12-17, 13:54
I just got the 'suppressors don't reduce damage' perk/skill unlocked last night....

Semi-off-topic: I've never really used a headset with my Xbone before and my PC headset just gives static. So I ended up in basically a three-hour long phone call with one of my buddies so we could play and communicate. What's recommended for a headset for the Xbone?

Jer
03-12-17, 16:10
I just got the 'suppressors don't reduce damage' perk/skill unlocked last night....

Semi-off-topic: I've never really used a headset with my Xbone before and my PC headset just gives static. So I ended up in basically a three-hour long phone call with one of my buddies so we could play and communicate. What's recommended for a headset for the Xbone?

Personally, I use the Turtle Beach 500X Wireless. Love it.

Koshinn
03-12-17, 16:19

Yeah that perk didn't seem to help a suppressed HTI. If anything, it made it worse.

By the way, self destructing your drone is amazing when you unlock it. So much fun.

cbx
03-12-17, 18:49
After reading some of your guys responses, I am half tempted to go out and get a new Playstation or Xbox just to get this game.

Wake27
03-12-17, 20:12

I didn't know that was a perk, I'm glad. I usually detach them when I know we're about to be compromised anyways. At least the game allows you to do that on the fly.

Scrubber3
03-12-17, 20:22

A good set of Ear buds. I use some Sony extra bass ones I picked up from a department store

I couple it with the chat pad to control the volume from there.

Scrubber3
03-12-17, 20:22

I just unlocked it as well. Along with the 417. Finally! An autoloading Long Range Rifle with some umph.

cbx
03-13-17, 00:51
So I guess I'll ask you guys. I am having a hard time deciding between Playstation or Xbox. I am not invested in either, nor do I really have any friends that are on either system. What are you guys recommend?

I know that some of you guys from both systems. I guess I'm just not sure really which way to go.

I like Call of Duty, Need for speed is a lot of fun also. And I really enjoy Splinter Cell too.

elephant
03-13-17, 01:21
I can say with deepest sincerity that Call Of Duty has really let me down in recent years. COD: 2, MW, MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2 were worthy of some nobility but when they came out with Ghost, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare, it became to Halo-ish for me. During those times I got Battlefield Bad company, Battlefield 3, 4, Hardline but instantly regretted buying them but then I got Battlefield 1 and was instantly sold, not on the whole series but just Battlefield 1. Ive heard great things about Ghost Recon but I'm always scared to try a different FPS.

MountainRaven
03-13-17, 01:34
Found out how fast a pair of guys with the dope figured out on their bolt action rifles can lay waste to a cartel base's sentries: Fast.

Buddy and I parachuted onto the top of a hill of scree overlooking a Santa Blanca base. Started engaging at 400 meters and chewed through the sentries and snipers in short order. Survivors radioed for their QRF - eight sicarios in SUVs - who promptly drove to the foot of the hill - some 300 meters out - dismounted and then attempted to hump the rest of the way to us: Totally exposed, only a little bit of cover in the form of trees right before it turns into scree. Popped six of them in about ten seconds as they ran the first 100 meters and pinned down the remaining two for about another two seconds as they attempted to cover from one of us but that cover exposed them to the other.

And then we had one where we were on a clock to exfil a narco scum bag from the bottom of a quarry: Saw a gun truck rolling up to us on the map after we'd grabbed the HVT, stopped and staged an ambush, but the gun truck never came. Ended up getting flanked by about a dozen sicarios (which we managed to bag six-to-eight of, plus a sniper who had posted up where we thought the gun truck was supposed to be) and shot to pieces, as quarries are not exactly cover-rich environments.

Finally - from the beginning of the evening - we (barely) managed to head off a convoy at an intersection. Blooped the two escort vehicles with the 40mm and then we chased the cargo truck until we finally forced it from the road, with a commandeered SBC SUV pinning it at the front and an SBC sedan at the rear. Dismounted the vehicles right before the truck driver and navigator did and we shot them before they could get their guns up. This, of course, happened directly in front of an Unidad FOB....

Wake27
03-13-17, 02:27
So I guess I'll ask you guys. I am having a hard time deciding between Playstation or Xbox. I am not invested in either, nor do I really have any friends that are on either system. What are you guys recommend?

I know that some of you guys from both systems. I guess I'm just not sure really which way to go.

I like Call of Duty, Need for speed is a lot of fun also. And I really enjoy Splinter Cell too.

Honestly at this point I don't even know the difference. I went PS back in the day because I knew Blu-ray was better than HD DVD. But at this generation, they're pretty much the same AFAIK. I just don't know anyone with PS, all my friends have XBOX. If you don't have any invested in either, I'd just go with whichever you can get a better deal on.

MountainRaven
03-13-17, 12:16
I was going to go PS4 because of Microsoft's launch shenanigans, but once they backpedalled and announced that they would slowly make legacy console games backwards compatible - and Sony did shenanigans - I decided on the Xbone.

HCrum87hc
03-13-17, 13:48
Alright, you guys twisted my arm. I'll buy it. :rolleyes:

My buddy (and maybe 2 others) will be playing it on PS4 if anyone wants to join. Same name there as I have here.

cbx
03-13-17, 14:40
I can say with deepest sincerity that Call Of Duty has really let me down in recent years. COD: 2, MW, MW2, MW3, Black Ops, Black Ops 2 were worthy of some nobility but when they came out with Ghost, Advanced Warfare, Black Ops 3 and Infinite Warfare, it became to Halo-ish for me. During those times I got Battlefield Bad company, Battlefield 3, 4, Hardline but instantly regretted buying them but then I got Battlefield 1 and was instantly sold, not on the whole series but just Battlefield 1. Ive heard great things about Ghost Recon but I'm always scared to try a different FPS.
I feel the way you do about COD. It was awesome until ghosts. Ghosts kinda sucked. I haven't even played the newer ones.

Firefly
03-13-17, 16:33
Back inna day, waay back I liked the original Rainbow Six on PC.

Same for the original Counter Strike. Back when it was a half life mod. I remember dudes making sick maps for it and it was great until people started hacking it to the point where it was unplayable because everybody was cheating.

Last COD I played and enjoyed was again back in like 04. You were fighting in Stalingrad or Kursk or whatever and I was just zapping people from here to hell with a Mauser.

Anyways.....If you want to play all the big video games get an Xbox. If you are going to casually play here and there, get a PS4. I use mine more as a DVD player and Netflix machine more than anything.

I will fart around for an hour maybe then get tired of it.

Wildlands isn't an FPS. It's weird. It's like Metal Gear but without the anime/sci-fi.

You can dress your guy up. The 'Nam era SOG look is kinda my go to. It doesn't affect you because camo is irrelevant. I was 5.11 guy for a while, then ATACS man, and now Vietnam SOG is where I am at.

It's satisfying when you are interrogating someone and your guy is cussing them out dressed up in woodland camo, Alice LBE, PRC ruck, jeans, tiger boonie and a 1911 to their head

Once you get the 203 and 30 round mag, and Aimpoint Comp M4.....it will be your workhorse. The laser will help.

I just keep the Stoner for when I need a bigger hammer though I think a Mk. 48 would be better.

Shotguns are pointless, subguns are pointless, and a DMR would be nice but I've been popping folks pretty easy with just an aimpoint.

You wont be relying on pistols much except when you are sneaking up on someone and so far 1911 does it for me. If it gets worse, I just swap over to the Stoner or the M4.

Also the AR they start you out with is a joke.

Outlander Systems
03-13-17, 17:01
@Fjallhrafn

That was the greatest advertisement for a video game ever.

Grip
03-13-17, 17:05
Anyone playing on Xbox one?

I've been playing solo for a few days, typically a few hours each week night, and most of the day Sunday. it would be cool getting some friends on Xbox that like to accomplish missions and have fun in co-op.

my username on Xbox is: run556mm

Scrubber3
03-14-17, 09:47
Anyone playing on Xbox one?

I've been playing solo for a few days, typically a few hours each week night, and most of the day Sunday. it would be cool getting some friends on Xbox that like to accomplish missions and have fun in co-op.

my username on Xbox is: run556mm

I would but my bro and I are assholes and would only lead you back to playing it alone... It always happens with everyone that tries to be our Xbox friend. I yelled at this kid once and made him cry. It was awful. I was like "what the fruck are you doing?" and he was like "I've got to go" all sniffling, then he just disappeared. GONE. ADIOUS.

elephant
03-14-17, 12:36
my xbox gamer tag is: theflyingzephyr, my top games are GTA V, Battlefield 1, COD and last night I downloaded a game called Steep, which is base jumping with a wing suit from the top of snow covered mountains and flying through the valleys for 10 minutes. No one has heard of it but it is by far one of the best games to play to kill time.

Koshinn
03-15-17, 02:34
I just want to say, the Mk249 with the v2 compensator and points into vehicle damage will take down helos and ground vehicles with ease. And people too.

Scrubber3
03-15-17, 14:33
So my current AO has lots of areas full of goodies that are only reachable via copter... Unfortunately this place is 8up with SAMs. I was taking a supply copter to a base and was shot down after at least 6 different SAMs locked onto me. FML

Gotta clear these fluckers out

WickedWillis
03-15-17, 14:36
So my current AO has lots of areas full of goodies that are only reachable via copter... Unfortunately this place is 8up with SAMs. I was taking a supply copter to a base and was shot down after at least 6 different SAMs locked onto me. FML

Yeah they suck. Was doing a medical supply run with a plane last night and got more attention then the hot chick at the gangbang.

Wake27
03-15-17, 14:45

Unfortuantely they respawn at some point after blowing them. Far Cry would get really boring when all the outposts were in friendly hands, but at the same time its kind of frustrating having to re-clear the same
shit over and over.

Doc. Holiday
03-15-17, 16:15
I know what area you are talking about. My bro and I figured out that you need to fly deep in the gully. You are below their radar and you will avoid all missile locks.

MountainRaven
03-15-17, 16:27
Might try co-op'ing it with a buddy flying a helicopter or airplane, on the theory that the SAMs can only shoot at one target at a time.

Firefly
03-15-17, 16:29
Whaddya mean SAMs respawn?!

So far Ive taken down 3 dope boys.

Dont spoil it but the further I play, I feel like I may be propping up the rebel leader to be another dictator.

Right now Carzitos beltfed 308 AR is my go to beltfed.

Doc. Holiday
03-15-17, 16:29
@Fjallhrafn

We've tried that and they painted both of us... :(

Grip
03-16-17, 11:56
I realized I spelled my xbox gamer tag wrong earlier. its: Run 556mm

if anyone wants to play.

MountainRaven
03-23-17, 21:49
Found out that the passengers on the Black Hawks can shoot out through the doors.

And if you're the only passenger, switching seats changes which door you're shooting out.

This makes the Black Hawks with forward firing rocket pods plus door miniguns the most heavily armed helo in the game. Just have a passenger armed with a machine gun and have them change seats based on where the threats are located. And there's still space for extracting HVTs.

Koshinn
03-24-17, 01:38
I didn't know that. Wow.

Btw, an exploding drone will take out a helo, and you can launch drones as a little bird door passenger.

Doc. Holiday
03-24-17, 08:33
I didn't know that. Wow.

Btw, an exploding drone will take out a helo, and you can launch drones as a little bird door passenger.

That's cool, I didn't know you could do that.

I'm happy with the new updates that came with the new 1.04 patch the other day. You can now choose your vehicle that the rebels can drop off to you. There are times when I need an armored vehicle rather than a helo.

Scrubber3
03-24-17, 08:41
My favorite option on the patch: Turning off all in game radios. That shit was annoying

Doc. Holiday
03-24-17, 09:54
Totally agree

Wake27
03-24-17, 10:53
My favorite option on the patch: Turning off all in game radios. That shit was annoying

Oh good. I've been wanting to track down and kill that DJ.

WickedWillis
03-24-17, 11:43
I didn't know that. Wow.

The EMP drone will knock them out of the sky as well. I thought of that tactic to get the achievement for killing a helicopter with a mortar strike last night.

MountainRaven
03-24-17, 13:26

Sadly, you can't kill him.

Firefly
03-24-17, 13:45

I tried that. All you can do is blackmail him to keep broadcasting the same chinga chinga crap all day long while running his mouth.

In fact the only people I have actually outright murdered were Yuri and Polito. Everyone else is blackmailed, goes into hiding, or some other weak shit

This game promised me dark ops where I got to sneak in people's homes and slit their throughts while skulking LRRP style through the jungle. Instead I take people alive and do errands for Pat Katari.

25% destabilized and I don't feel like I'm doing sinister deeds. Just riding around, spinning wheels, being told to take people alive.

Getting pissed with it.

WickedWillis
03-24-17, 14:00
I tried that. All you can do is blackmail him to keep broadcasting the same chinga chinga crap all day long while running his mouth.

In fact the only people I have actually outright murdered were Yuri and Polito. Everyone else is blackmailed, goes into hiding, or some other weak shit

This game promised me dark ops where I got to sneak in people's homes and slit their throughts while skulking LRRP style through the jungle. Instead I take people alive and do errands for Pat Katari.

25% destabilized and I don't feel like I'm doing sinister deeds. Just riding around, spinning wheels, being told to take people alive.

Getting pissed with it.

It pretty much continues down that way.

Scrubber3
03-24-17, 14:14

Getting pissed with it.

Well it did promise realism. AND on this aspect, it delivers....

Evolve is free this month. Comes as the ?deluxe? package. Includes all the DLC. Might do good to get on something else for a bit, then come back to wildlands.

WickedWillis
03-24-17, 14:19
Well it did promise realism. AND on this aspect, it delivers....

Evolve is free this month. Comes as the ?deluxe? package. Includes all the DLC. Might do good to get on something else for a bit, then come back to wildlands.

Evolve is great with friends.

Scrubber3
03-24-17, 14:54
Evolve is great with friends.

I play it with my brother (like everything else). I guess you could say we are noobs at it, but I'm catching on a bit quicker than I thought.

Wake27
03-24-17, 15:27
That blows. My hit on Yuri and Polito sucked because of the damn grenade throwing engine. Flash bang was supposed to have gone right into the room followed by copious amounts of gunfire. Instead it hit the wall and blinded me. Much amateur. I told myself I'd make the next one better.

tostado22
03-24-17, 15:30
PSN: tostado22

Just mention you're from M4C. I don't have wildlands yet, but now that I'm out of the Army I'm usually on a different schedule than most of my old buddies. I need friends lol

Scrubber3
03-24-17, 15:31
That blows. My hit on Yuri and Polito sucked because of the damn grenade throwing engine. Flash bang was supposed to have gone right into the room followed by copious amounts of gunfire. Instead it hit the wall and blinded me. Much amateur. I told myself I'd make the next one better.

I never use flashbangs. Maybe I should start

Firefly
03-24-17, 15:52

You flashbanged them?

I just chucked a grenade and laid down suppressing fire with that one beltfed you first find.

Right now I'm hunting down this Goth Juggalo bitch named La Santera. Most likely she'll end up realizing the error of her ways and go back to Parochial school and start an orphanage before it is through.

Also here area is where you find the ACOG. It is a total waste of time. It is not at all like a real ACOG and gets in the way. The Aimpoint at least is unobtrusive.

Once you get a real M4A1, M203, 30 round mag, Laser, and Comp M4; It will be your do all gun. Barring beltfeds.

It irks me that Pmags dont work in the M4.

I've decided to rock the Grenada '83 look in Espiritu Santu. There are better face camos I realized last night but they want real money to unlock.

Fuuuuuuuunk Dat!

I wish I could mod my whole team. I'd do them all up like Predator. I feel like Bill Duke should have voiced the black dude

WickedWillis
03-24-17, 16:22
You flashbanged them?

Once you get a real M4A1, M203, 30 round mag, Laser, and Comp M4; It will be your do all gun. Barring beltfeds.

I haven't found anything I like better than the SCAR 17 with a T1, ATPIAL and Grenade launcher.

MountainRaven
03-24-17, 16:43

Getting pissed with it.

Part of the campaign in one province involved assassinating an Unidad lieutenant and framing an SBC buchon for it. Another buchon took a lethal dose of lead, although I don't recall who. And the buchon of the second province in the open beta had to be put down hard, as well.

I'm fairly certain another buchon is going to get it, too, since he's basically Spotted Horse from The Quick and the Dead.

If it makes you feel any better, it sounds like a lot of the buchons you extract end up in CIA black sites. Only the repentant get trials and prison sentences.

If the CIA is just using you to trade one cartel for another, more pliant, more amicable one, why kill all the experienced buchons when you can spirit them away, brainwash them, and release them back into the wild to work with the new cartel?

Firefly
03-24-17, 16:56
Part of the campaign in one province involved assassinating an Unidad lieutenant and framing an SBC buchon for it. Another buchon took a lethal dose of lead, although I don't recall who. And the buchon of the second province in the open beta had to be put down hard, as well.

I'm fairly certain another buchon is going to get it, too, since he's basically Spotted Horse from The Quick and the Dead.

If it makes you feel any better, it sounds like a lot of the buchons you extract end up in CIA black sites. Only the repentant get trials and prison sentences.

If the CIA is just using you to trade one cartel for another, more pliant, more amicable one, why kill all the experienced buchons when you can spirit them away, brainwash them, and release them back into the wild to work with the new cartel?

Because my men are Assassins, Not a rescue team. And we don't do this kind of work.

It was bullshit! All of it!

What happened to you, FJ? You used to be somebody I could trust. So you cooked up a story and threw us all in the grinder.

My men are not expendable

Koshinn
03-24-17, 17:52
You flashbanged them?

I just chucked a grenade and laid down suppressing fire with that one beltfed you first find.

Right now I'm hunting down this Goth Juggalo bitch named La Santera. Most likely she'll end up realizing the error of her ways and go back to Parochial school and start an orphanage before it is through.

Also here area is where you find the ACOG. It is a total waste of time. It is not at all like a real ACOG and gets in the way. The Aimpoint at least is unobtrusive.

It irks me that Pmags dont work in the M4.

I've decided to rock the Grenada '83 look in Espiritu Santu. There are better face camos I realized last night but they want real money to unlock.

Fuuuuuuuunk Dat!

I wish I could mod my whole team. I'd do them all up like Predator. I feel like Bill Duke should have voiced the black dude

You don't like the surefire 50?

tarkeg
03-24-17, 18:00
Because my men are Assassins, Not a rescue team. And we don't do this kind of work.

What happened to you, FJ? You used to be somebody I could trust. So you cooked up a story and threw us all in the grinder.

Most excellent Predator reference.

Firefly
03-24-17, 18:10
You don't like the surefire 50?

Haven't found it yet, otherwise I would use it.

Haven't gotten a SCAR yet but don't see what it would do. I thought the ACOG would be like MGS4. Nope.

Wake27
03-24-17, 20:28
Seconded the SCAR 17, it causes more damage than the M4. I use that with the EXPS3 and G33 as a DMR more or less. And KAC LMG when it needs teh cyclic.

MountainRaven
03-24-17, 20:59

I woke up. Why don't you?

Look, we've been looking for this place for months. My men were in that chopper when it got hit! Koshinn's orders were to go in and get my men and he disappeared. And I used you to get the job done, got it?

glock21xxx
03-24-17, 21:04

Look, we've been looking for this place for months. My men were in that chopper when it got hit! Koshinn's orders were to go in and get my men and he disappeared. And I used you to get the job done, got it?

We're all gon' die.

Firefly
03-25-17, 01:40

Koshinn and his men didn't disappear..DEY WERE SKINNED ALIVE!

Anyway...I got the Mk. 17 and don't see where it is doing all this big damage. Meh...I am giving Juggalo Girl a break and am trying to mess with the General dude and GAWD Unidad doesn't cut no slack. It's like the Ft. Bragg of Bolivia where every dude is just a body slayer. That Cobra I stole was bad ass until I got SAMed to hell.

Unidad flunked PE they don't play.

MountainRaven
03-25-17, 03:28
Just got the HTI.

God here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZJWd-1oUCg

C-grunt
03-25-17, 05:32
So I haven't picked this game up yet. Is it as good as it looked in the videos? Worth the 60 bucks?

Wake27
03-25-17, 07:20
So I haven't picked this game up yet. Is it as good as it looked in the videos? Worth the 60 bucks?

It's pretty damn good. I've spent a shameful amount of my leave playing.

I didn't see it in the patch but they have me wondering if they toned down the SCAR damage. It wasn't that high, just slightly more than the M4, but several cartel dbags took 3-4 hits to drop last night. I don't remember that being the case.

Firefly
03-25-17, 12:49
Meh I went back to the M4. It shouldn't take 3 hits of 308 to put Gaucho in a wifebeater down and out

I went after the Unidad General and lo and behold he cuts a deal. I had fun fast marching his fat old ass through the jungle with oodles of Unidad helos after me and a 1911 to his head.

You'd think Unidad would ease up.....newp.

I think I will stick with the Urgent Fury look though. It is rather menacing in cut scenes

Koshinn
03-25-17, 15:31
What pistols you guys using? I like the 1911 but I've been using the USPS equivalent lately.

MountainRaven
03-25-17, 15:38
I was bouncing back and forth between the 1911 and the USP-Tactical but spent the money to get the Maxim-9 because Glock (magazines) a couple days ago. I've even used it outside of shooting over a bad guy's shoulder (unlike the 1911 and the USP, which I only rarely used outside of threatening sicarios).

Wake27
03-25-17, 16:00
I've had the 1911 pretty much the whole time. I just wish I could put night sights on it. I'll probably switch when I come across something better but handguns have been pretty low on my priority list.

Koshinn
03-25-17, 16:03
I had a Metal Gear Solid phase where I'd only use the USP Tactical with laser and suppressor to take out a base. Was fun for a while I guess.

Firefly
03-25-17, 16:17
I've stuck with 1911 too. It does it all.

Even with blade sights, I've made some cocky shots when holding someone hostage.

Wake27
03-25-17, 16:59
I don't think I've ever held someone hostage. It's just no fun for me if I can't shoot them in the head... I wish there was a way to disable some HUD elements but not all. Marking targets makes it stupid easy. But not knowing if I'm being spotted on top of that and with everything else disabled is a little more difficult than I'd like. And someone needs to tell them to put a MAWL in the game. If I had a bright green laser I'd turn the crosshairs off.

Firefly
03-25-17, 17:16
I don't think I've ever held someone hostage. It's just no fun for me if I can't shoot them in the head... I wish there was a way to disable some HUD elements but not all. Marking targets makes it stupid easy. But not knowing if I'm being spotted on top of that and with everything else disabled is a little more difficult than I'd like. And someone needs to tell them to put a MAWL in the game. If I had a bright green laser I'd turn the crosshairs off.

It's actually good because they act as a human shield. You can only use your pistol but you can soak up more hits.

ETA: I am now a believer in the SCAR. With the right laser and the Elcan....that sucker can go. The aimpoint wasn't to hot on it and the ACOG was a'ight. That M4A1 was my go to and did it all.

Until I got the right barrel, laser and Elcan. Holy Hell.

I was popping dudes 500 yards out. Once I found my hold, they didn't have a prayer. Haven't bothered with the other guns though I'd still like the SR-25.

The 249 sucks and the Mk. 48 sucks. The Stoner just needs the right accoutrement. Plus max out the hip fire stat.

I leave sniping to my guys.

Firefly
04-12-17, 23:04
Anybody still playing?

The new update really restores a lot of the guns' power.

Still trying to get the cardenal. But I landed a 600m hit with the G 28. It doesnt seem to drop so bad now. Found my hash hold and SPLAT.

For whatever reason the pope gets away.

Still...fun to play

ETA I actually finally got the Pope.

Wake27
04-13-17, 03:03
I am, just not as often since I'm no longer on leave. Was the update from about a week ago, or more recent?

jwfuhrman
04-13-17, 06:57
I've had the whole thing beat for a while. Now I'm just getting on randomly to work on exploring all the unknown locations and getting all the rebel support side missions and supplies found.

Also found a thing on Youtube about there possibly being a YETI is the Inca mountain range province (southwest corner of game area). You can find evidence of people being attacked by the Yeti, there is a Yeti hunter costume, a Shotgun that the description states its for "Bringing down big hairy beasts in the mountains". So now my Yeti hunt is occupying me if I get bored of playing Battlefield 1.

Scrubber3
04-13-17, 08:24
Anybody still playing?

Still trying to get the cardenal. But I landed a 600m hit with the G 28. It doesnt seem to drop so bad now. Found my hash hold and SPLAT.

Still...fun to play

I would play much more but my bro got bored with it and bailed on me...

When was the update?

Doc. Holiday
04-13-17, 08:52
Ha, I was actually doing that mission myself last night. (At the same time you posted) I finally got him by calling in a helo and landing it on the northwest side of the building and going in from there. I like the G28, but it seemed to drop like a rock vs the SR25. I will have to pull it out again and see if the patch helped it.

Koshinn
04-13-17, 10:27
Anybody still playing?

Still...fun to play

El Cardinal was the hardest mission so far. I'm about 3/4 through the game. Probably failed his mission like 15 times in co-op. Finally did it single player by doing rebel spotting and sync shotting them down 3 at a time.

New patch this week btw. Consoles got it already, PC gets it Friday.

The G28 fix was a week or two ago.

Firefly
04-13-17, 11:32
I hadnt picked up in a minute myself and popped it in yesterday. Thats when I noticed the patch.

I got the cardenal by jumping off the balcony, killing civvy and sicario alike with Mk. 48, grabing his old ass, finding cover, calling in mortars and carjacking a two seater truck.

It made me pissed when the CIA lady's big idea was to hold a prayer meeting.

When Sueno offered me a job, I almost wish I could have taken it. I hate the CIA lady. I also hate grinding on rebel ops to get rebel use out of them.

WickedWillis
04-13-17, 11:41
I hadnt picked up in a minute myself and popped it in yesterday. Thats when I noticed the patch.

I got the cardenal by jumping off the balcony, killing civvy and sicario alike with Mk. 48, grabing his old ass, finding cover, calling in mortars and carjacking a two seater truck.

It made me pissed when the CIA lady's big idea was to hold a prayer meeting.

When Sueno offered me a job, I almost wish I could have taken it. I hate the CIA lady. I also hate grinding on rebel ops to get rebel use out of them.

Having finished it, and gotten all of the achievements, I agree with your last sentence quite a bit. Can't wait until you finish the story.

Doc. Holiday
04-13-17, 11:47
The first time I tried getting the cardinal, was parachuting onto the roof and working my way down and threw his ass in the trunk, but got screwed by a MAJOR road block and ended up getting ambushed. Had to try that mission about 7 times before I got it an I just wanted to shoot him then and there on the spot only to find her praying with him....:suicide:

WickedWillis
04-13-17, 11:50
The first time I tried getting the cardinal, was parachuting onto the roof and working my way down and threw his ass in the trunk, but got screwed by a MAJOR road block and ended up getting ambushed. Had to try that mission about 7 times before I got it an I just wanted to shoot him then and there on the spot only to find her praying with him....:suicide:

I also parachuted onto the top of the building. He split, I got downed by some asshole from 100m dual wielding scorpions. Was able to grab a car and chase the priest down by ramming his car off a cliff and grabbing him halfway down. Unidad shows up, like they always do out of thin air. I kill them. Throw baby toucher in the armored car and barely got out. F that mission.

Firefly
04-13-17, 11:51
Having finished it, and gotten all of the achievements, I agree with your last sentence quite a bit. Can't wait until you finish the story.

Dont spoil it but I think it will make me feel like a tool for even playing.

And not in an intelligent way like Metal Gear where you got a sob story after an epic fight or Spec Ops the Line. Spec Ops the Line made me feel like an asshole. Especially after that one part.

ETA I'm glad I am not the only one who tried jumping in. It seems like a good idea but isnt.

Per jumping in to places, I wish you could get rebels to fly you over a path in a light plane so you can decide when or if you really want to jump instead of wasting helicopters by crashing them.

WickedWillis
04-13-17, 11:52

And not in an intelligent way like Metal Gear where you got a sob story after an epic fight or Spec Ops the Line. Spec Ops the Line made me feel like an asshole. Especially after that one part.

Spec ops absolutely nailed the story imo. And I agree, I felt like scum at the end of that game.

Firefly
04-13-17, 16:41
Whats this about a Yeti?

Could be a fat Sicario who got a hold of the wrong stuff and told him to go up the mountain and play an Abominable snowman

MountainRaven
04-13-17, 20:07
El Cardenal was fun.

Three-man fire team. One of us jumped in, one of us sniped, the third (me) flew air support with a Little Bird.

First we took out the snipers on the cathedral's roof. Then we bundled into the helo and flew up and 'near' the cathedral. First guy jumps, parachutes in, and then James Bonds his way to El Cardenal.

Meanwhile, the second guy and I set up on a ridge over-looking the cathedral's grounds. Shit gets loud, start killing sicarios, plop mortars on the power generator, fly in with the Little Bird and everybody collapses on the RV point.

Except the Little Bird takes too many hits and have to crash land it in the court yard.

Everybody takes turns being pinned down by sicarios. Call in rebel reinforcements, grab a Santa Blanca pick-up, bundle everyone into it, and then we finally drove out with the HVT.

Only have a few buchons and jefes to go before I've cleaned out everybody. Haven't done jefe de los jefes, yet. But I've killed a cartel smuggler buchon by making his helo swan dive into a salt flat. I've killed a sicario instructor by blowing him up with an explosive drone. I've killed an UNIDAD captain by feeding intelligence on him to the cartel, and then cleaning up the survivors of the cartel's attack. And I've killed another cartel smuggling buchon - along with their Peruvian contact - with a mortar strike while they were just minding their own business.

Koshinn
04-14-17, 01:11

ETA I'm glad I am not the only one who tried jumping in. It seems like a good idea but isnt.

Per jumping in to places, I wish you could get rebels to fly you over a path in a light plane so you can decide when or if you really want to jump instead of wasting helicopters by crashing them.

Spec ops absolutely nailed the story imo. And I agree, I felt like scum at the end of that game.

I agree with Spec Ops The Line. I felt bad, but I totally gunned down everyone after one of my team members died. I also felt like the ending I got in SOTL was the most fitting, but I ended up checking the other two endings just to see what happens. Gotta admit though, the backwards rear sight placed at the front of the upper receiver annoyed me.

I did end up beating El Cardinal with 1 other person in co-op. We sniped a bunch of people from the ridge on the left, then flew a helo and landed it on the cathedral roof. Cause we're Americans.

We then made our way down and as soon as I put in the tape, I lobbed a flashbang and my partner grabbed El Cardinal. I took out the two sicarios next to him, then we ran back to the helo and exfil'd.

Whats this about a Yeti?

Could be a fat Sicario who got a hold of the wrong stuff and told him to go up the mountain and play an Abominable snowman
AFAIK there isn't a yeti yet. Yet.

Wake27
04-14-17, 12:50
Any of you guys know anything about the PS4 pro? My older PS4 is getting full, I actually had to delete a bunch of stuff to get the patch downloaded.

WickedWillis
04-14-17, 13:03
Any of you guys know anything about the PS4 pro? My older PS4 is getting full, I actually had to delete a bunch of stuff to get the patch downloaded.

If you have a 4k TV it's worth it. If not, then I am not sure you will see the true benefits. It upscales a bit, and is supposed to make more things run at 1080p 60fps. I just did an external hard drive on my Ps4 last week because it was full

Doc. Holiday
04-14-17, 13:12
Ubisoft did confirm that their is a Yeti, but is very challenging to find.

Scrubber3
04-14-17, 14:26

I just got one. It's great but I haven't got anything before it to compare it to. Other than the Xbox one. I prefer the graphics of the PS4 Pro but the controller of the Xbox one. I think the PS4 Pro is smoother and games play seamlessly compared to the Xbox One. Xbox has a better UI in my opinion.

Firefly
04-29-17, 15:34
A lot of my mission is redacted for Opsec and Natsec. Operating under callsign "Nomad" I was able to infiltrate Bolivia with CIA Liason.

I got to shoot a lot of people, mostly cholos in wifebeaters and towards the end, mostly with an ACR and a .50 sniper rifle.

I must say that......were it not for my sociopathic bloodlust to jump out the woods like Jason and shoot people that the resolution of Operation Kingslayer would be considered very offputting

I have been handed a dossier after debrief for an op codenamed "Narco Road". Debating with my SF A Team about the merits of said mission and whether or not we feel like listening to gaucho yayaing....we have declined said mission, told them to get Navy SEALs, and have vowed that the entirety of Latin and South America is a lost cause. Currently my A Team is trying to get 50,000 on Double Dragon.

VIP3R 237
05-05-17, 15:47
I picked this up last week after I found it for $30 online and damn I've lost a lot of sleep lately haha.

Doc. Holiday
05-05-17, 16:21
I picked this up last week after I found it for $30 online and damn I've lost a lot of sleep lately haha.

Fun isn't it? I'm not a gamer. I lost touch with my gaming side probably 10+ years ago and this game has rocked my world.

Firefly
05-05-17, 16:45
The main guns to get are:
SCAR 17
SR25
HTI
Stoner LMG for quiet cyclic work
M249 for DGAF cyclic work

USP 45 or 1911

The only optics are

Elcan/Digital Scope
TX5i
and G28 optic

It makes the game waaaay easier than farting around playing gun pokemon.

I just used the ACR at the end because it looked cool. The SCAR does it all.

You can recofigure the SR25 in either an LPR or a short ECC.

I took out a ville with ECC shortened suppressed and G28 optic. The reticle sucks but you can switch to a red dot super fast.

The Mk. 48 seems like a good idea but the 249 does the same thing with less rise.

Also try to get laser 3 dots for all your guns. Each one has their own

Also you can destroy helos with an unsuppressed beltfed but not with a suppressed one.

I wasted time getting the M4 when really the SCAR does it all.

MountainRaven
05-05-17, 17:12
PKM is my favoritest LMG.

Doc. Holiday
05-05-17, 17:21
Gun Pokemon lol that's good! (So true) I'll throw the MP7 in that list. I have raped many thanks to that gun!

VIP3R 237
05-05-17, 17:23
We've been having fun trying to get the longest shots. Playing with some buddies one of us will grab a bad guy and the other will go out to 1000 and try to hit the guy being held hostage, its pretty entertaining.

So far the ACR and the HTI are the two i usually go with, the Tavor is catching favor though. I havent found any of the good lmg's or the Scar 17 yet.

Koshinn
05-05-17, 18:51
M4A1 with 50 Rd, suppressor, compM4, 203, and laser has been great for me.

It can handle everything 100m and in. I like it more than the scar because of the larger mag and more controllable full auto.

Then just take a MSR with t5 for long range and you have all bases covered.

Firefly
05-05-17, 18:56
PKM is my favoritest LMG.

Why you always gotta be different? WHY?!

Anyway it was a PKM or something I used to grease Yuri and El Polito. They had Silent Hill mess going on in that basement

Firefly
05-05-17, 18:59

It can handle everything 100m and in. I like it more than the scar because of the larger mag and more controllable full auto.

Then just take a MSR with t5 for long range and you have all bases covered.

Had I found the surefire mag instead of pmag I wouldve kept the M4. But in this bizarre game world you cant use Pmags in a freaking M4. But I got high cap pmag and with the ACR I didnt have a front post obstructing the Elcan.

But I just liked the SCAR after that patch

Firefly
05-05-17, 19:03
We've been having fun trying to get the longest shots. Playing with some buddies one of us will grab a bad guy and the other will go out to 1000 and try to hit the guy being held hostage, its pretty entertaining.

So far the ACR and the HTI are the two i usually go with, the Tavor is catching favor though. I havent found any of the good lmg's or the Scar 17 yet.

I wish you could put the sniper scope on the AUG just to re-enact that part in Usual Suspects

"pop pop pop pop Oswald was a fag"

MountainRaven
05-05-17, 20:04
Why you always gotta be different? WHY?!

Anyway it was a PKM or something I used to grease Yuri and El Polito. They had Silent Hill mess going on in that basement

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also rock the AK-12 and the SVD (in an SVD-S guise). And the 9mm Vityaz. And the HTI (because death to helicopters!). And the MP5.

AK-12 gets the Elcan, SVD gets a POSP, Vityaz gets Aimpoint Micro, MP5 stays with irons (because it's an MP5), and the HTI gets the Steiner. The PKM gets an EoTech, because Мать Россия.

I also go back and forth between the 1911 and the USP. The USP because - of the handguns available in the game - it's what I'd actually carry as a sidearm under the circumstances. And the 1911 because mom, apple pie, pepperoni pizza, Jeff Cooper, JMB, and 'Murica.

Doc. Holiday
05-05-17, 20:16
Rg5 with eotech with magnifier, 203, 50rds mag and the SR25 with g28 is money!

Firefly
05-05-17, 21:27
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also rock the AK-12 and the SVD (in an SVD-S guise). And the 9mm Vityaz. And the HTI (because death to helicopters!). And the MP5.

AK-12 gets the Elcan, SVD gets a POSP, Vityaz gets Aimpoint Micro, MP5 stays with irons (because it's an MP5), and the HTI gets the Steiner. The PKM gets an EoTech, because Мать Россия.

I also go back and forth between the 1911 and the USP. The USP because - of the handguns available in the game - it's what I'd actually carry as a sidearm under the circumstances. And the 1911 because mom, apple pie, pepperoni pizza, Jeff Cooper, JMB, and 'Murica.

In all fairness, I had a bit of a Wandering Dushman deal going on in the NW of the map with La Santera's Dragunov.

FWIW my guy marries La Santera after the OP because Goth chicks rule

LowSpeed_HighDrag
05-05-17, 22:02
SR25, ACOG, Short Barrel, Vert Grip, 20rd mags.

Battle Rifle extraordinaire.

Not practical, and only 60 rounds, but oh so fun.

Best gun though? Easily the M9 with 25 round mags. Why? I cant explain it, but I've dropped so many narcos with it.

tostado22
05-05-17, 22:13

It's a toss up between that setup and the SCAR+ACOG for me. Secondary is either the SR25 or MSR. If you've got the suppressor damage upgrade, the M4 actually makes quick work of little birds in a pinch

Wake27
05-05-17, 22:25
It hurts my soul but I've used the SCAR pretty exclusively. May switch back to the 1911 now that I really only shoot pistol in third person, I still wish it had night sights though. I keep the scar with the eotech and mag, whatever the extended magazine is (20?), vert grip 4 I think, and the three dot laser. I think I mostly use the normal barrels for the increased penetration, but the short barrels are tempting just because they're cool. I switch back and forth between the KAC LMG and AI. The game would be harder if you couldn't just swap guns on the go. I tried one or two of the other LMGs briefly but really just prefer the Stoner for whatever reason. I don't even run it suppressed. I usually take out sentries with the scar and then once compromised, switch to the lmg.

Koshinn
05-05-17, 22:56
It's a toss up between that setup and the SCAR+ACOG for me. Secondary is either the SR25 or MSR. If you've got the suppressor damage upgrade, the M4 actually makes quick work of little birds in a pinch

I carry 8 40mm rounds, so I can generally deal with any vehicles or helos without trouble.

I mean what is this, the paleolithic age, having to shoot down helicopters with bullets?!

Leonidas24
05-06-17, 00:49
M4A1 w/ ACOG, PEQ-15, and M203
MP7 w/ T-1 Micro and 3-dot laser
M9 15 rd mags and 3-dot laser

I occasionally switch out the M4 for the SRS-A1 or the SR-25 but only for shots over 200, both with a T5Xi and the SR-25 permanently wears a range finder. I've nerded out so hard in this game I started keeping a log book for all the holdovers on the rifles I use with the T5Xi. My one gripe has been the incredibly easy challenges Ubisoft puts up weekly. If they'd make it more like Halo Reach -- daily/weekly/monthly challenges -- it'd be more addictive than it is now. It would at least keep people busy -- GTA 5 has probably one of the most successful game designs of recent history I can think of. Content added almost on a quarterly basis for free on top of everything else, has kept me and my friends playing for 4 years now.

Wake27
05-06-17, 14:00
They did a lot of weapons and accessories well, but the T1 actually being a PA micro is pretty lame.

Firefly
05-06-17, 14:42
Range finder is kinda useless. If they put in wind/cross wind that'd be different.

3 Dot is the best game wise. Every rifle has drop but the HTI drops the least. G28 dropped like a rock which is confusing as SR-25 is accurate. Both do the same thing IRL.

I dont think I've had to use anything beside the third hash mark on the Tx5i for 400m shots. Esp. with the HTI.

jwfuhrman
05-06-17, 20:54
I like the Bren 805 with T1, short barrel, 203, 30rd mag, MOE vert grip and Comp V2 and the AK47 setup the same. The Vector setup the same but with suppressor. The SR25 is my go to sniper. Handgun I just run the FN 5.7 suppressed, its crazy that it can drop guys 1 shot.....

MountainRaven
05-06-17, 22:47
I like the Bren 805 with T1, short barrel, 203, 30rd mag, MOE vert grip and Comp V2 and the AK47 setup the same. The Vector setup the same but with suppressor. The SR25 is my go to sniper. Handgun I just run the FN 5.7 suppressed, its crazy that it can drop guys 1 shot.....

I've found that so long as you're undetected, you can usually drop most tangos and xrays with one shot.

Wake27
05-06-17, 23:50
I've found that so long as you're undetected, you can usually drop most tangos and xrays with one shot.

Very true. I guess this is supposed to be adrenaline? I haven't tried since the latest patch, but it was crazy that I could drop them in one hit with the M4 when undetected, but it would take AT LEAST three after being compromised. That's a big part of the reason I switched to the SCAR.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Doc. Holiday
05-06-17, 23:52
The SCAR is decent, but I just hate how long it takes to reload that thing!

MountainRaven
05-07-17, 01:10
Very true. I guess this is supposed to be adrenaline? I haven't tried since the latest patch, but it was crazy that I could drop them in one hit with the M4 when undetected, but it would take AT LEAST three after being compromised. That's a big part of the reason I switched to the SCAR.

Probably as good an explanation as any.

The meta is probably to reward people being sneaky and keep people from having too difficult a time sneaking around because they slightly threw off their aim at the last moment or the bad guy suddenly turned and caused the player to land a bad hit. And it's pretty difficult to headshot people in the game at ranges greater than 300m and most people would get annoyed if their 500m+ 'kill' got the alarm sounded because they hit the bad guy in the foot.

Koshinn
05-07-17, 01:26
From what I heard... it's actually a guaranteed sneak attack critical hit bonus. Like RPGs.

Crits can also happen randomly apparently. Also when they're flashbanged.

Nowski87
05-10-17, 13:09
Anyone still playing this game I'm looking for a squad to play with on PS4. Got some gift cards so I'm using them on this.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

BrigandTwoFour
05-10-17, 16:52
I'm on and off. Haven't done any teaming up since it's demanding I get a PS+ account, though.

Firefly
05-10-17, 17:34
Haven't touched it since beating it.

Actually it was fun until I beat it. Now it makes me angry I didnt wait to get it on sale.

WickedWillis
05-10-17, 17:40
Haven't touched it since beating it.

Actually it was fun until I beat it. Now it makes me angry I didnt wait to get it on sale.

I tried to warn you guys, without warning you guys lol. Bummed me out too.

Firefly
05-10-17, 17:46
I tried to warn you guys, without warning you guys lol. Bummed me out too.

I literally felt like Col John Matrix in the middle of Predator witjout getting to fight the predator.

At least in MGSV I could fabricate a Mk. 12 and Quiet was unstoppable once she got a .50

The tank battle was epic.

If anything it makes me want to play MGSV again

ETA Blasting The Cure-Friday I'm in love or Laura Branigan Gloria while riding a helo was more fun than Narcocorrido crap.

Don't care about the struggle of a Yayo Gaucho, only care about 80s hits!

WickedWillis
05-10-17, 17:48
I literally felt like Col John Matrix in the middle of Predator witjout getting to fight the predator.

At least in MGSV I could fabricate a Mk. 12 and Quiet was unstoppable once she got a .50

The tank battle was epic.

If anything it makes me want to play MGSV again

Easily my least favorite MGS game.

Don't hit me.

Firefly
05-10-17, 17:53
Easily my least favorite MGS game.

Don't hit me.

It really was. Been playing since the 80s and it closes a glaring plot hole and had they let the guy finish his game; it would have destroyed MGS4. Also Hayter got screwed.

It was Kane Hodder and F vs J all over again

Even still, trotting about Africa on a horse wearing ERDL woodland was fun, mission or no mission

WickedWillis
05-10-17, 17:57
It really was. Been playing since the 80s and it closes a glaring plot hole and had they let the guy finish his game; it would have destroyed MGS4. Also Hayter got screwed.

It was Kane Hodder and F vs J all over again

Even still, trotting about Africa on a horse wearing ERDL woodland was fun, mission or no mission

The combat was probably the best in the series imo. So much wasted potential though. What's a MGS without good boss fights and story?

Firefly
05-10-17, 18:14
The combat was probably the best in the series imo. So much wasted potential though. What's a MGS without good boss fights and story?

If it just had MGS4's story tightness with the new gameplay (and Hayter) it would have been an epic end.

There was supposed to be this epic jungle battle at the end to get back the Metal Gear and have a showdown with XOF forces where it was army vs army. But they never completed it.

Plus all your soldiers you train and raise end up being the same guys you fight in the very first NES one.

Nowski87
05-10-17, 18:32
I played the beta and I really liked it but it seems it went the way of The division

Doc. Holiday
05-10-17, 20:42
Just a heads up, Ubisoft is currently creating new weekly missions/challenges every Wednesday I believe. To see what the challenges are, go in game and go to The pause menu (those on PS4 it's the option button) and select challenges from the menu. They are pretty fun!

Nowski87
05-10-17, 20:43
Well that sounds awesome, I will have to pick this up tomorrow.

MountainRaven
05-11-17, 00:16
ETA Blasting The Cure-Friday I'm in love or Laura Branigan Gloria while riding a helo was more fun than Narcocorrido crap.

Don't care about the struggle of a Yayo Gaucho, only care about 80s hits!

The game needed/needs a UH-1. And more than one radio station.

Along with RPGs/LAWs/SMAWs. And real tanks, even if they're just the little light tank things that are so popular in South America. And enemies that actually use them. And maybe a ZSU-23-4 Shilka or Tunguska and similar SPAAGs.

MountainRaven
05-11-19, 00:45
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHGqvV0qRg

owo what's this?

Boy Scout
05-11-19, 04:26
Anyone still playing this game I'm looking for a squad to play with on PS4. Got some gift cards so I'm using them on this.

I know this is two years old but yes, I’m on it on PS4. Been off playing PUBG for a while and some other goofiness, but with the new update and Breakpoint coming, I’ll be back on getting warmed up and wrecking narcos. Some of the most fun I’ve had in a while is just going around with a crew and laying waste to Bolivia.

Wake27
05-11-19, 05:57
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvHGqvV0qRg

owo what's this?

I saw a different trailer but it looked very Halo-ish which was disappointing.

VIP3R 237
05-24-19, 07:19
Same, but I’m keeping my hopes up. God I love wildlands, I hope they don’t screw this up. I still love jumping in on my buddies stealth missions and going extra loud haha

I saw a different trailer but it looked very Halo-ish which was disappointing.

VIP3R 237
05-24-19, 07:20
Double tap

bp7178
05-24-19, 22:26
They borrowed a lot of character animations from The Division 2, which is SUPER disappointing. I never got into Wildlands because it felt very GTA V. With how much I hate The Division 2, I'm looking for something, but I not holding out too much for this.