PDA

View Full Version : Well, there goes my gun budget...

LOKNLOD
09-22-08, 14:49
My beautiful wife just called....she is pregnant. She's thrilled, I'm still just in shock. We have the greatest 2-y.o. little girl ever, but I'm kind of hoping this one is a boy ;)

telecustom
09-22-08, 14:50
Good luck.

M4arc
09-22-08, 14:59
So what are you going to post up for sale? ;)

Oh and by the way, congratulations!

LOKNLOD
09-22-08, 15:03

I placed a big order with Grant last week (good thing I didn't wait, or I'd feel to guilty to spend the money, now). I'll start the bidding at $500, and we'll divert the "mystery box" to the winner's house :p (just kidding, I want my stuff!) I do have some stuff listed right now, though! ;)

My logic (and I'm sticking with this, we'll see how well it holds up over time) is that I need more junk now. If it's a boy, he'll need goodies when he grows up, and if it's another girl, well now I've got twice as many boys to shoot at ;)

And by the way, Thanks :D

ZDL
09-22-08, 15:04

Vulture!

Congrats man.

avmech
09-22-08, 15:07
My logic (and I'm sticking with this, we'll see how well it holds up over time) is that I need more junk now. If it's a boy, he'll need goodies when he grows up, and if it's another girl, well now I've got twice as many boys to shoot at ;)

Nothing wrong with your logic.................................

Congratulations

RD62
09-22-08, 15:08
Congrats!

I thought you were gonna say something about the $25 a barrel spike in the price of crude. That's where mine is going! :(

You'rs is too a much better cause though!

-RD62

Tungsten
09-22-08, 15:57
Congrats!

My wife and I are expecting a boy in January. Thankfully she's a shooter too and encouraged me to finish up my first SBR project before she starts commandeering funds to do up a nursery for the little guy.

PRGGodfather
09-22-08, 16:12
Congratulations, brother!

We're in the same boat! Got a beautiful 14 month old daughter, and expecting another child of undetermined brand by next March...

If we're having a boy, my wife is going to insist on another bedroom -- I just know it...

Buy the toys before the money really flies out of the wallet!

Failure2Stop
09-22-08, 16:22
Congrats and such!

Here's to another shooting partner for you.

Cheers.

M4arc
09-22-08, 16:31
Vulture!

Congrats man.

I only said what you were thinking! :D

C4IGrant
09-22-08, 16:49
Kids are cool so congratulations!

C4

ZDL
09-22-08, 16:49
I only said what you were thinking! :D

Guilty :o

Safetyhit
09-22-08, 17:02
Here's to another shooting partner for you.

My thoughts exactly. Here's mine...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/Safetyhit/DSCN0527.jpg

Could not possibly love the little guy any more than I do.

Congradulations, LOKNLOD. May all go well for your family.

ZDL
09-22-08, 17:08
My thoughts exactly. Here's mine...

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b32/Safetyhit/DSCN0527.jpg

Congradulations, LOKNLOD. May all go well for your family.

I hear you man. Amazing what they can do to you.

RogerinTPA
09-22-08, 17:10
Congrats. Girls make good shooters too. Most of my ex's are way better shooters than the average guy on the range...:p

Hootiewho
09-22-08, 17:21
Congrats!

..and best of luck to you both.

Robb Jensen
09-22-08, 17:26
My beautiful wife just called....she is pregnant. She's thrilled, I'm still just in shock. We have the greatest 2-y.o. little girl ever, but I'm kind of hoping this one is a boy ;)

Congrats dude! :D

LOKNLOD
09-22-08, 18:36
Thanks guys :)

And congrats back at you to Tungsten and PRGG...

Great looking kids, Safetyhit and ZDL. ZDL, your little girl reminds me of mine!

This:

Is as true a statement as any that'll ever be posted on this board :cool:

SeriousStudent
09-22-08, 20:03
Congratulations on the new addition to your family. May your newest child bring you many years of happiness and love.

Grey
09-22-08, 20:19
That is great news. Congratulations!

Detective_D
09-23-08, 08:36
Great news man!!! My wife wants another one so bad, but I already have a boy and two girls now. My son has already shot my toys, and my girls want to learn how to so bad...

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk231/Detective_D/IMG_8616.jpg

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk231/Detective_D/HanahatNanas.jpg

HES
09-23-08, 09:21
Fantastic News! Congrats man! May you have another lifetimes worth of happiness and joy.

mmike87
09-23-08, 09:40
Look at it this way - the kid may eventually want to learn to shoot, and will need his / her own guns, thus creating a new excuse to buy more stuff. :)

FlyAndFight
09-23-08, 12:02
Congrats on the gift from above!

Gramps
09-23-08, 12:18
Congrats,
I have five, + 5 grandkids. It doesnt matter, you always find funds for everything. There is no greater joy than kids. They are always reaching another level.
Even at age 52! :D

You NEED to instill in the wife however that "THE FAMILY THAT SHOOTS TOGETHER, STAY'S TOGETHER".

Train them young so that when they grow old, they will not part from it.

CarlosDJackal
09-23-08, 15:10
Congratulations!!

FWIW, I prefer to teach girls to shoot because they make the best students overall. They tend to listen and don't have any "macho" baggage to get in the way of learning the fundamentals.

9x19
09-23-08, 15:55
...If it's a boy, he'll need goodies when he grows up, and if it's another girl, well now I've got twice as many boys to shoot at ;)

And why wouldn't the girls need goodies when they grow up? The best gifts you can give to a daughter is to make her feel as valuable to you as a son, and to teach her to take care of herself.

MarshallDodge
09-23-08, 17:06
Congratulations.

I have 10 and 13 year old sons and they are a blessing.

This is what you have to look forward to:

http://home.comcast.net/~fun2shoot/boysaz1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~fun2shoot/boysaz2.jpg

:D :D :D :D :D

LOKNLOD
09-23-08, 17:06
No worries -- boy, girl, or hermaphrodite, any kid at my house will have all the opportunity to shoot they want :)

SpartanArms
09-23-08, 19:10
Congrats, LOKNLOD. I love kids...as long as they're not mine. j/k:D
Good luck with your new bundle of joy!

Spurholder
09-23-08, 19:43
Josh,

Congrats! My best to you and yours...

Andrew

Centerfire
09-24-08, 09:48
Awesome news! My uncles wife is due next month. I hope everything goes well for your family.

andre3k
09-24-08, 12:39
Me and the wife have spent 20k (IUI, 2 IVF cycles) cash over the last few years trying to conceive. To all those that can have kids the good old fashioned way be thankful. I refuse to spend anymore and now she thinks I don't love her. WTF? :mad:

Gramps
09-24-08, 14:32
Me and the wife have spent 20k (IUI, 2 IVF cycles) cash over the last few years trying to conceive. To all those that can have kids the good old fashioned way be thankful. I refuse to spend anymore and now she thinks I don't love her. WTF? :mad:

Hang in there. Unfortunatly what WE WANT, just isn't always ment to be.
There are a lot of kids out there already that would love to have someone love and care for them.
Is she open to adoption at all?
I was adopted 52 years ago, and some kids used ask me, "Does that ever bother you"? And I would always say "Well this way I know my parents wanted me"!

lindertw
09-25-08, 20:18
congrats LOKNLOD!

And why wouldn't the girls need goodies when they grow up? The best gifts you can give to a daughter is to make her feel as valuable to you as a son, and to teach her to take care of herself.

My little girl became my shooting partner this summer - I love spending time with her at the range...

http://tinyurl.com/5yp2w8

I'm trying to convince her that a .22lr conversion for the AR would be more fun than a pink upper for the MKIII 22/45; wish me luck :p

ZDL
09-25-08, 20:25
Thanks guys :)

And congrats back at you to Tungsten and PRGG...

Great looking kids, Safetyhit and ZDL. ZDL, your little girl reminds me of mine!

This:

Is as true a statement as any that'll ever be posted on this board :cool:

Thank you. Momma and me are very proud.

Jgyolai
10-04-08, 14:21
Congrats! I'm just waiting for that day when my wife comes to me saying she's pregnant. I just don't want the fun to stop! lol