PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use this trigger?

Pappabear
03-03-17, 14:48
B-G2S-E Geissele 2 Stage Enhanced Trigger ??

I run Geissele SSA triggers on all my guns. This is a SPR build and this trigger was on sale so I thought , how bad can it be?

Is it as durable as an SSA?

Seems to be a touch lighter via the "E" . Ive thought about buying the SSA-E triggers, but was too happy with SSA basic trigger group.

whats their angle and building and selling this trigger?

Pappabear out!

tehpwnag3
03-03-17, 16:53
I have that trigger and the SSA-E. Can't tell the difference in pull between the two. My digital Lyman trigger pull gauge barely can either. Slightly less than 4.5lbs total on average.

Batch test QC keeps the cost lower. Slightly different install method. GTG, I think.

GH41
03-03-17, 17:42
"what's their angle and building and selling this trigger"

QC is only spot checked. Sort of like not MPI inspecting a bolt after proofing it. Or maybe not proofing it at all. The less you have to look at it the less you have to charge.

tom12.7
03-04-17, 03:22
For a said component, the least stresses and strains during the manufacturing process results in a lower stressed end product. Depending on their process, there can be many acceptable ways to make them.
As an example, look at the conventional HPT/MPI AR bolt. Does the lifespan of that component improve with or without HPT being impacted to that?
Sure, there are some that won't pass, but for the ones that consistently do pass, why stress the components if their processes prove that testing to be a detriment?

Iraqgunz
03-04-17, 15:45
Per the Geissele website.

The Geissele 2 Stage (G2S) was designed to be a high quality, cost effective option of the SSA. The G2S is a 4.5lb. non-adjustable combat trigger that is a precision two-stage trigger and allows precise and accurate trigger control. The G2S is manufactured from the same tool steel as the SSA. Visually, from the outside of the weapon there is no difference from the SSA and the feel and reliability is the same. The G2S however has a different way of holding the hammer pin in place, there is no laser markings, and the parts are only spot checked for MP.

I have the SSA, SSA-E, SD-C and G2S. The G2S also does not use a typical "J" spring to retain the hammer pin. It is retained via a D type ring that is placed on one side of the lug on the hammer and engages the hammer pin groove.

3 AE
03-04-17, 17:41
I didn't see this particular trigger (B-G2S-E) listed on Geissele's web site. Further digging resulted in what appears to be a Brownell's exclusive. According to Brownells web page.

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/triggers/b-g2s-e-geissele-2-stage-enhanced-trigger-sku100014358-67223-138461.aspx

1st stage take-up: 2.3 Lbs.
2nd stage break: 1.2 Lbs.

Total: 3.5 Lbs. Kind of like this trigger being a less expensive version of the SSA-E. Like the G2S is to the SSA.

Pappabear
03-05-17, 10:26
thanks for the replies. I feel ok with my purchase. It is a throw together SPR from parts and pieces, not my goto gun, but still very nice rig think. this trigger should do fine.

PB

clayb2004
03-06-17, 07:43
I use a regular G2S in one of my rifles. I can't tell any difference in function, feel, or quality compared to any of my other Geissele's. It's not laser marked, but no matter to me. 1000rds through it so far and no problems.

Pappabear
03-06-17, 09:31
What is laser marked ?

clayb2004
03-06-17, 10:16
What is laser marked ?

Just missing the laser etched Geissele company markings on the trigger. You can only see it when the trigger isn't installed. It still has the tell tale raised/embossed G that you can see when installed.

bmfdez
03-08-17, 17:00
The design is slightly diff than SSA-E if you compare them side by side. But it function and feels the same between the few I have. Plus, Geissele lifetime guarantees it. So save the money and go with the G2S imo