View Full Version : This pollster thinks McCain will win

chadbag
09-22-08, 17:08
http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/kellyanne_conway/2008/09/22/133250.html

And this guy thinks Obama polls are overstated

http://www.newsmax.com/kessler/Polling_Methods_obama_/2008/09/17/131885.html

Safetyhit
09-22-08, 21:28
The combination of an article from Newsmax generated by a "Republican pollster" might lead one to accurately believe the view is slanted, but her prediction record seems to have some merit.

I do think McCain will win regardless. Obama seems to be coming off as hollow anymore.

MarshallDodge
09-22-08, 22:54
I do think McCain will win regardless. Obama seems to be coming off as hollow anymore.
I think the public is getting tired of Obama. Heck, I wouldn't vote for him right now just so I don't have to see or hear from him again.

He is like a overplayed pop song. :rolleyes:

CarlosDJackal
09-23-08, 14:23
If the past two elections are any indication, Obama doesn't stand a snowball's chance in hell. "Conservative voters" tend to shy away from polls. Which means that most of those who respond to these polls probably traditionally voted towards the left. Liberals tend to be a bit more vocal about who they are voting for which means that at least half of the ones who did respond to these polls will probably cross the party lines and vote for McCain.

But of course, this is theory is based entirely on my opinions and observations. YMMV.

30 cal slut
09-23-08, 14:26
i sure as hell hope that is right.

my pocketbook is taking a beating right now prepping for a dem win (pre-election gear acquisition aka panic buying).

chadbag
09-23-08, 14:50
i sure as hell hope that is right.

my pocketbook is taking a beating right now prepping for a dem win (pre-election gear acquisition aka panic buying).

Remember that panic buying just jacks up prices.

IF Obama wins, he does not take office until January and he will have more than enough on his plate to try and push another AWB or other gun control. He will be BUSY for a long time with no tie or political capital to push gun control. Probably at least 1 year if not 2.

buzz_knox
09-24-08, 08:11

IF Obama wins, he does not take office until January and he will have more than enough on his plate to try and push another AWB or other gun control. He will be BUSY for a long time with no tie or political capital to push gun control. Probably at least 1 year if not 2.

The flip side of the coin is that his agenda is pretty much dead. He has admitted he can't afford to push the spending programs or eliminate Bush's tax cuts as both actions would undermine the economy. The pullout from Iraq will be underway, and the quiet surge in Afghanistan should be reaping some benefits. So, he'll be forced to give something to his liberal base. Guns are an easy bone to throw them, as it's something they desperately want "dealt" with. Doing so early on allows the media to spin it out of the short American attention span before the next elections.

chadbag
09-24-08, 12:21
The flip side of the coin is that his agenda is pretty much dead. He has admitted he can't afford to push the spending programs or eliminate Bush's tax cuts as both actions would undermine the economy. The pullout from Iraq will be underway, and the quiet surge in Afghanistan should be reaping some benefits. So, he'll be forced to give something to his liberal base. Guns are an easy bone to throw them, as it's something they desperately want "dealt" with. Doing so early on allows the media to spin it out of the short American attention span before the next elections.

Unless the democrats really really increase their majorities, and with anti-gun democrats, they don't have the votes to pass it. Many of the new Democrats elected last time are pro-gun blue-dog democrats. Some guys I know of track this sort of thing for a living (work in politics) and they don't think that the anti-gun makeup of the HoR and maybe the Senate will change significantly.

Even if Obama wins, I don't see any new AWB being passed in his first term. I could be wrong of course, but I don't see it happening. If it does, it will be later in his term.

buzz_knox
09-25-08, 07:31
I hope you're right. But I don't see those blue dogs doing anything except voting in the most anti-gun leadership Congress has ever seen.
Well, except throwing their own aides under the bus, ala Jim Webb.

variablebinary
09-25-08, 11:53

A Black man taking guns from people who are mostly white will NOT go over well at all.

It might be political and literal suicide. Obama would be wise to leave it alone. First reality Obama and Dems are going have to accept right off; a Black president just will not be able to get away with the same antics as a white president like slick Willy.

Call it racist or whatever, but its a fact of life.

buzz_knox
09-25-08, 12:38
A Black man taking guns from people who are mostly white will NOT go over well at all.

It might be political and literal suicide. Obama would be wise to leave it alone. First reality Obama and Dems are going have to accept right off; a Black president just will not be able to get away with the same antics as a white president like slick Willy.

Call it racist or whatever, but its a fact of life.

My take is a bit different. As with the current election, anyone who opposes him will have to walk a very fine line to avoid being called racist, a kiss of death in the political world.

Between that and the "no justice, no peace" crowd, he's going to think he's able to get away with quite a lot and will certainly try.

5pins
09-25-08, 17:46
Obama doesn’t need to pass legislation; all he has to do is appoint judges to the Supreme Court.

recon
09-25-08, 22:14
This is interesting.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com...25009/1002/NEWS

http://www.zogby.com/50state/

RAM Engineer
09-25-08, 22:17
first link was broken. What did it say?

recon
09-25-08, 22:33
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20080925/NEWS01/80925009/1002/NEWS