PDA

View Full Version : Ft Hood Shooter Sentenced *In 2013

WillBrink
03-07-17, 08:18
Sentenced to death. Only took almost a decade. And in another 20 years or so, he may actually be put down. Maybe. If he does not die of old age or some how get reduced sentence.

Jury sentences Hasan to death for '09 Fort Hood massacre

FORT HOOD, Texas — Nidal Hasan, the Army psychiatrist convicted in the November 2009 shooting rampage that left 13 dead and 31 wounded, was sentenced to death Wednesday by a military jury.

Prosecutors had sought the death penalty, saying Hasan's murderous rampage at the sprawling military base here left tragic and devastating loss for victims and loved ones.

Hasan, 42, was convicted last week on 13 counts of premeditated murder and 32 charges of attempted premeditated murder. He appeared expressionless upon hearing the verdict, which came less than two hours of deliberations.

The death sentence required a unanimous verdict by the jury of 13 military officers. At minimum, Hasan faced life imprisonment. Still, while Hasan could be the first serviceman executed by the military since 1961, the appellate process could take years.

Cont:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/08/28/military-jury-sentences-fort-hood-killer-hasan/2712803/

usmcvet
03-07-17, 09:13
I understand our system needs to be fair but this is ridiculous. He wanted to plead guilty in 2012! WTF!

"On August 15, Hasan was scheduled to enter pleas to the charges brought against him before the beginning of the court-martial; he would not be allowed to plead guilty for the premeditated murder charges as the prosecution is pursuing the death penalty in his case.[122]"

nml
03-07-17, 09:23
It wouldn't have looked good to sentence him before the election. Best to have voters not be reminded of things that happened.

Turnkey11
03-07-17, 09:35
He'll be dead of medical issues before he is executed, he will probably get a donor kidney on the way out and be on dialysis for a decade too. All because of the appellate process.

WillBrink
03-07-17, 10:25
He'll be dead of medical issues before he is executed, he will probably get a donor kidney on the way out and be on dialysis for a decade too. All because of the appellate process.

I would have expected it to be more streamlined in the mil system. Guess not. Two, firing squad should be an option and raffle tickets sold for who gets to do it.

glocktogo
03-07-17, 11:49
Trump should make it his mission to give this PODS a dirt nap during his first term. I would literally remove every obstacle, even if it took passing laws. :mad:

Averageman
03-07-17, 12:22
Trump should make it his mission to give this PODS a dirt nap during his first term. I would literally remove every obstacle, even if it took passing laws. :mad:

He should make it his mission to turn UCMJ back over to the Military and keep factions of the SJW's out of Military business.
I'm just thinking that if we had a Military Court system up and running there would be a lot of justice being handed out a bit quicker than is currently happening.

usmcvet
03-07-17, 12:30

Please tell me he doesn't qualify for a kidney. I would think being on death row would immediately disqualify someone. That would be an insult to the donor and those waiting on the list.

Honu
03-07-17, 13:03
throw hot bacon grease on him every day just enough say 1/2 cup till he dies from the burns !

Firefly
03-07-17, 13:12
Please tell me he doesn't qualify for a kidney. I would think being on death row would immediately disqualify someone. That would be an insult to the donor and those waiting on the list.

My state postponed a cop killer's execution because of diabetic problems. And it was on video. And he wasn't sorry.

The Private Slovik days are sadly gone

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-07-17, 13:15
I would have expected it to be more streamlined in the mil system. Guess not. Two, firing squad should be an option and raffle tickets sold for who gets to do it.

No need to hand out a blank round to the firing squad on this one. More likely a double tap.

usmcvet
03-07-17, 13:31
My state postponed a cop killer's execution because of diabetic problems. And it was on video. And he wasn't sorry.

The Private Slovik days are sadly gone

Damn! The diabetes would,be cured! WTF!

Sam
03-07-17, 14:44
Two pages and nobody commented on the date of that sentence announcement.

Scrubber3
03-07-17, 14:57

Dang....

It's almost like they got set-up.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-07-17, 15:16
I can't trust the CIA or Will anymore. I'm e-drift.

glocktogo
03-07-17, 15:29
Dang....

It's almost like they got set-up.

Dammit Will! :(

BTW, is he dead yet? No? Too long. :mad:

WillBrink
03-07-17, 15:51

I can't trust the CIA or Will anymore. I'm e-drift.

Dammit Will! :(

BTW, is he dead yet? No? Too long. :mad:

Doh! That came up on my news feed today! Ding bat doing 10 things at once type I am, it didn't occur to me they posted that as old as it is. OK, but still, 09 to 2013? Not 2017, but seems an awfully long time in his case.

Sam
03-07-17, 16:00
I found out how slow the wheel of justice turns this week. I was in a juror pool for a criminal case that occurred at the end of 2015. It is just going to trial this week. No I did not get selected.

It is weird though that I now realize that I was on the same floor and possibly the same courtroom that Judge Rowland Barnes and his clerk were killed by an escaped prisoner in 2005!

If a local criminal case involving local bad punks took 16 months to go to trial, imagine how long it took for a complex and horrible case as that one.

Firefly
03-07-17, 16:22
I found out how slow the wheel of justice turns this week. I was in a juror pool for a criminal case that occurred at the end of 2015. It is just going to trial this week. No I did not get selected.

It is weird though that I now realize that I was on the same floor and possibly the same courtroom that Judge Rowland Barnes and his clerk were killed by an escaped prisoner in 2005!

If a local criminal case involving local bad punks took 16 months to go to trial, imagine how long it took for a complex and horrible case as that one.

I was always fond of Court Bingo

-Shaved head and glasses
-Tacky Church suit
-Clutching huge Bible
-Kids that make no secret that they are perps kids. "We love you daaaaaddyyyyyy"
-Perps mother/grandmother showing up looking like a church lady holding a hanky
-Pastor
-Pregnant "wife"
-Hand/wrist gang tattoos covered with bandaid or watch
-Lawyer openly hugging and comforting aforementioned mother/grandmother during recess like he's from a John Grisham book

Have fun!
(plead guilty!)

Singlestack Wonder
03-07-17, 16:25

But the Ft. Hood case was not complex. islamic terrorist kills and wounds people with many eye witnesses, yet justice is put in slo-mo for him. If he was a white American, he would have been executed as quickly as timothy mcveigh....

Firefly
03-07-17, 16:30
Also.....(and read this in Winston Zeddemore's voice), If you are first responder to an an active shooting and a victim says two more...You. Shoot. TWICE.

SteyrAUG
03-07-17, 16:33

Part of it is everyone needs years to make sure their case is bulletproof and no procedural errors occur which might send the guilty party free because somehow his rights weren't protected. But a much larger part is everyone involved is lining up at the money trough and making sure there are lots of billable hours so they can profit from tragedy.

Haven't met a lawyer yet who wasn't willing to keep a scumbag alive another 24 months if it meant "new house / new car" at the end.

nml
03-07-17, 16:36
I didn't bother clicking but didn't find it hard to believe. It was AFTER the election! Just 2012

Firefly what do you mean two more

glocktogo
03-07-17, 16:41
But the Ft. Hood case was not complex. islamic terrorist kills and wounds people with many eye witnesses, yet justice is put in slo-mo for him. If he was a white American, he would have been executed as quickly as timothy mcveigh....

Just for clarification, it took 4 years to execute McVeigh and it only happened that quick because he petitioned the court to stop all his automatic appeals. I doubt Hasan has the conviction of mission to do that. :(

Firefly
03-07-17, 16:42
Firefly what do you mean two more

One of the survivors shouted "Two more" and the officers thought the victim meant two more shooters when they meant Hasan was still alive and to shoot him.again.

Actually.....If you are a victim and the popo show up, be more specific and say "Shoot him again, he's getting back up"

Turnkey11
03-07-17, 17:46

Just sharing my experience, not with him, but others. You would be amazed at the amount of money spent on medical treatment for inmates with life sentences or awaiting execution.

Turnkey11
03-07-17, 17:50

McVeigh waived his appeals. This POS will drag it out to the end, probably be 90 and still refusing to sign a DNR.

Benito
03-07-17, 21:35
Wow!! I am actually surprised.
I was expecting Hussein to pardon him, honestly.

Buckaroo
03-08-17, 00:18
Death should linger so that he feels every ounce of pain possible

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JC5188
03-08-17, 05:41

If I won the raffle, would it make me a bad person if I put one in his forehead? You know, so I'd know it was mine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk