PDA

View Full Version : 20", 1/7 twist, gov profile barrel - where?

krichbaum
09-22-08, 20:37
Anybody know where to buy a 20", 1/7 twist, government profile barrel right now? Preferably chrome lined and with 'F' marked FSB. I'm having trouble finding one and realize I may have to buy a heavy profile and have it turned down. Just figured I'd ask before I go that route.

ETA: No, I won't buy a CMMG barrel. They probably have what I want, but I have my reasons.

MisterWilson
09-22-08, 20:51
Call Bushmaster and LMT. Don't go off what's on their website, actually pick up the phone and talk to a human.

I know for a fact that Bushmaster has produced a few in that configuration, I want to say LMT has as well.

Spooky130
09-22-08, 21:16
Brother, I've been looking for going on two months now for the barrel you mention...

Here's where I've looked:
TOS EE - you see some FN and Colts come up now and then for anywhere between $175 and $350, some new, some used...

Sabre Defense at Talon Arms - they should have some this month for about $325. I'm not sure how the hurricane will impact their business there.

Rumor is that there will be a run of BCM 20" barrels after the new year. I've only heard it in one place and I take it with a grain of salt - they are selling their 16" barrels like there is no tomorrow and I doubt they'll slow down to sell 20"ers because they won't sell nearly as well...

Spooky

hossb7
09-27-08, 03:48
Call Bushmaster and LMT. Don't go off what's on their website, actually pick up the phone and talk to a human.

I know for a fact that Bushmaster has produced a few in that configuration, I want to say LMT has as well.

LMT makes a 20" 1:7 government profile barrel? :eek:

and krich, what do you have agasint CMMG?

buzby
09-27-08, 06:48
charles daly is supose to have new m16a4 clone uppers and rifles coming out with 20" 1/7 crome lined gov profile 4150 barrels. the original eta has come and gone, so who knows when they will be avail. seems like everyone is trying to build a a4 clone and very few mil spec barrels are available.

docsherm
09-27-08, 11:14
PK Firearms has a Rock River 20" barrel found here:

http://www.pkfirearms.com/store/get_items.aspx?type=0&term=125

MisterWilson
09-27-08, 11:38
LMT makes a 20" 1:7 government profile barrel? :eek:

and krich, what do you have agasint CMMG?

I could have sworn I saw a full length LMT rifle once...I could be wrong.

I'm positive about the Bushmaster as I'd had one once.

Give 'em a call.

JoshNC
09-27-08, 15:10
Try Ken and Tina Elmore at www.specializedarmament.com. It will be pricey, but they tend to have any Colt parts you could ever need.

Bushmaster has in the past offered 1:7 twist 20 inch gov profile barrels.

You could also put a WTB ad on Sturmgewehr and AR15.com. You may want to search the AR15.com sales forums. Alot of people dump their "old" stuff in order to finance the latest and greatest gear.

DANGER CLOSE
09-27-08, 18:06
+1 on specialized armament for true quality colt parts. very pricey though. our armorer went through a course with these guys and said that they were a top notched group. just his $.02

Charles Daly
09-28-08, 00:12
charles daly is supose to have new m16a4 clone uppers and rifles coming out with 20" 1/7 crome lined gov profile 4150 barrels. the original eta has come and gone, so who knows when they will be avail. seems like everyone is trying to build a a4 clone and very few mil spec barrels are available.

The barrels are at the parkerizer now so we are hoping to have them back this coming week and builds finished the following week. We will be selling complete rifles and complete uppers, but no sales of barrels only.

Iraqgunz
09-29-08, 04:00
Ken teaches a great course and hopefully I will be seeing him in the next week or so for lunch. Yes, the stuff is pricey, but if one cares about performance then price is irrelevant.

+1 on specialized armament for true quality colt parts. very pricey though. our armorer went through a course with these guys and said that they were a top notched group. just his $.02

LonghunterCO
09-30-08, 22:08
Bravo offered them in a upper for sale (I want to say 2006). Gov profile, M4 flattop, M4 feedramps, F marked fsb, 1/7". Not sure as to the FSB diameter but if it was .625" then that would throw it quickly into the "have to buy" catagory.

sjc3081
09-30-08, 22:28
I have a 20" colt hbar barrel 1/7 chrome lined. PM me.

hossb7
10-02-08, 13:06
ETA: No, I won't buy a CMMG barrel. They probably have what I want, but I have my reasons.

what reasons are these? :confused:

krichbaum
10-11-08, 17:10
I'm gonna try to get my hands on one of those uppers from Charles Daly.

TheActivePatriot
10-16-08, 14:29
what reasons are these? :confused:

Probably something about how they misrepresent certain products and flat-out refuse to answer some questions regarding the quality of their products.

carbinero
10-21-08, 21:01
I certainly won't ever consider CMMG again, and they dragged a friend of mine through the ringer as well.

Back on topic...how are they coming, CD?

Charles Daly
10-22-08, 16:02
Can anyone tell me if Colt uses the "F" FSB on the M16A4?

Is the "F" FSB only for carbines, or only for flattops?

rob_s
10-22-08, 16:28
Can anyone tell me if Colt uses the "F" FSB on the M16A4?

Is the "F" FSB only for carbines, or only for flattops?

Mike, I stand corrected.

According to Bravo, the "F" is on the M16A4.

Heading over to your forum to post correction as well.

Rogueplayer
10-22-08, 17:49
I have an FN 20" barrel and it is F marked.

LonghunterCO
10-22-08, 18:30
Ok I think I missed the info. I thought that the "F" fsb was used on the flat top weapons (reguardless of Carbine or Rifle) because the flattop set the rear sight at a slightly higher level than the traditional A2 rear sight arrangment. Is that not the case?

carbinero
10-29-08, 03:42
Any coming from Charles Daly?

lowprone
11-04-08, 12:56
I took a Colt lower to Ken Ellmore @SAW some time ago with instructions to give me a AR-15 Marine Corps designated marksman rifle. He did a fine job, and I had
only to mount a 4X ACOG MC model scope and Knights full length railed handguard and I have a repo designated marksman rifle that I am very proud of.
It plays havoc on torso targets @ 500 meters the extent of range available at my
local rifle range.

WesleyCE
11-04-08, 14:43
Has anyone seen the ones from Sabre Defense, the A4 barrel? I do not know if they have "F" marked sight bases though.

http://www.sabredefence.com/commercial.php?focus=barrel#a4

big 54r
11-05-08, 08:39
what does ETA mean in this context, I know what it normally means but I have seen a confusing use of it several times and just want to know...dangit...:o:D

ETA: No, I won't buy a CMMG barrel. They probably have what I want, but I have my reasons.[/QUOTE]

WesleyCE
11-05-08, 15:20
what does ETA mean in this context, I know what it normally means but I have seen a confusing use of it several times and just want to know...dangit...:o:D

ETA: No, I won't buy a CMMG barrel. They probably have what I want, but I have my reasons.[/QUOTE]

ETA means "Eddited to Add"

bkb0000
11-09-08, 10:10
M&A (m4 site sponser) has a 20" 1/7 that doesn't specify profile.. all the others say "varmint" or "heavy," so simple logic SHOULD lead one to believe this particular barrel is special.

I'd post the link, but my right-click isn't working for some reason, and my "tools" button won't pop. sure love this notebook.. never fails me or lets me down in any way.

SoDak
11-09-08, 23:28
M&A (m4 site sponser) has a 20" 1/7 that doesn't specify profile.. all the others say "varmint" or "heavy," so simple logic SHOULD lead one to believe this particular barrel is special.

I'd post the link, but my right-click isn't working for some reason, and my "tools" button won't pop. sure love this notebook.. never fails me or lets me down in any way.

Here's the link I think you're talking about.
http://mapartsinc.com/productsDetail.asp?id=1199
On their faq page, they mention the barrel as being made by EMCO(they are saying this about rifle kits, but I assume this holds true for the upper as well). I found that info in their faq page under the quesiton:What are all of the various configurations that I can select? The info was in the last paragraph. Maybe someone here can make more sense of it than I did.

On a side note, I've been tempted to get one from M&A parts, but have been held back by the fact that I don't know much about them. Instead I've been waiting for BCM or charles dlay to get theirs out. Of course who knows whe that will be.

bkb0000
11-09-08, 23:33
that's actually not it. might be the same barrel, but the page i was looking at was for barrel only, no upper- but there you go, it says government profile..

call and ask if they'll sell you just the barrel. or i will tomorrow.

Spooky130
12-10-08, 14:19
Bravo Company has Sabre 20", 1/7 Gov't Profile barrels for sale currently...

Spooky

allenst65
12-10-08, 19:49
Bravo Company has Sabre 20", 1/7 Gov't Profile barrels for sale currently...

Spooky

Hopefully they've got one less now. Just placed my order so thanks for the heads up. Been looking for these for quite a while and know they didn't have any listed on the site just a few days ago when I made the usual rounds through all the out-of-stock sites.

I spoke to Sabre directly just this past Monday and they said they have a 12 month lead time for the next run, though I suspect they are giving this kind of lead time answer no matter what you're looking for considering our current state or panic/preparedness.

Hopefully all goes well with this order. Perfect time too as I just received my TA31RCO-A4CP ACOG that I bought during the ebay cash back deal. :cool:

Cheers!

buzby
12-29-08, 16:41
I have a A4 20" gov sabre defense barrel inbound! I back ordered one from talon arms a little over a month ago. Received email yesterday conf order shipped. Now I'm waiting to find a LMT a2 lower and BCM bolt