PDA

View Full Version : Major VA to NY gun running bust

tb-av
03-08-17, 22:20
http://www.nbc12.com/story/34702408/22-in-va-arrested-in-largest-gun-bust-in-brooklyn-ny-history

RICHMOND, VA (WWBT/AP) -
Prosecutors say a New York undercover officer bought 217 guns and assault rifles and dismantled a trafficking ring that operated out of Virginia.
Traffickers were heard on wiretaps brazenly bragging about their ability to buy guns for resale.
"In Virginia, our laws are so little, you know, I can give guns away," one trafficker is heard saying on the wiretap recording.

Virginia Attorney General Mark Herring made the following statement:

This is ridiculous. Virginia’s gun laws are so lax we now have gun runners on police tapes bragging about how many guns they can buy. It’s way past time for universal background checks and a reinstatement of Virginia’s “one handgun per month” law.

22 Criminals caught so punish a whole State of legal citizens. Makes since to a Liberal.

Wake27
03-08-17, 22:30
**** him. I'm sure those guys shouldn't be able to buy firearms under the existing laws anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tb-av
03-08-17, 22:56
Pretty sure this is going to be related. ATF and SS raid this place. It's an "NFL Shop". Also happens to be 3 blocks from the bus station and I95. It's a hole in the wall that I can't imagine anyone going to to actually buy NFL gear.

http://www.nbc12.com/story/34697207/richmond-building-raided-by-atf-secret-service

The guy on the news tonight, from NY, of course held up a Thompson Machine Gun. I'd like to know where they bought that too.

nml
03-09-17, 05:17
Was unaware Virginia laws were so lax you can bypass federal law and buy new production "assault rifles". Thanks media

SHIVAN
03-09-17, 08:41
They still miss, right from the lineup of those arrested, and from the news pieces --- a full line of "straw purchasers". How will any new "background check" thwart legally qualified straw purchasers from doing this? Even if you limit to one handgun a month, as they previously did, that just makes the operation bigger. So I need 60 guys, not 10. Do you think there is a shortage of "clean" guys who can be paid to do this? Seriously, think on that for a second.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-09-17, 10:43
They still miss, right from the lineup of those arrested, and from the news pieces --- a full line of "straw purchasers". How will any new "background check" thwart legally qualified straw purchasers from doing this? Even if you limit to one handgun a month, as they previously did, that just makes the operation bigger. So I need 60 guys, not 10. Do you think there is a shortage of "clean" guys who can be paid to do this? Seriously, think on that for a second.

Well comrade, the failure of the BCGs will be blamed on the fact that 1. they are not Universal, but more likely on the fact that a 2. BCG is useless if you don't know where all the guns are. So we need a registry so we can track all the guns.

Firefly
03-09-17, 11:14
I hope these people realize that for enough money, they would run guns from New Mexico.

Criminals are going to Criminal.

Why not....oh, I dunno.....re-instate the rights of the Yankees so that this becomes a non-issue.

People are always going to want, and get, guns, liquor and dope

bnanaphone
03-09-17, 12:32
I am just laughing at the lone white guy with the street name "gringo". That is something out of a Mel Brooks flick.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-09-17, 12:47
I am just laughing at the lone white guy with the street name "gringo". That is something out of a Mel Brooks flick.

Every enterprise needs an accountant! That criminal enterprise was not very diverse. The white guy seems to think he's there for the company picnic.

Big A
03-09-17, 14:26
I hope these people realize that for enough money, they would run guns from New Mexico.

Criminals are going to Criminal.

Why not....oh, I dunno.....re-instate the rights of the Yankees so that this becomes a non-issue.

People are always going to want, and get, guns, liquor and dope

It's ingrained in every Red Blooded American's DNA. Go ahead and tell us we can't do something.

"You can't send men to the moon President Kennedy. It's impossible!"

President Kennedy:"Hold my beer..."

Merica!

hatidua
03-09-17, 16:13
I only see one gringo in the mix.

tb-av
03-09-17, 17:04

That is exactly what I thought when I heard what Herring said. Hell he's lucky they could buy so much so they could be caught. 215 firearms out of VA. 22 criminals and 215 firearms. Greentop probably sells that much on any given weekend and that's just one store in all of VA.

They are going to do a bit tonight on ABC at 11 with the Richmond CoP. Kneejerk Liberals, they never change.

SHIVAN
03-09-17, 17:32
If they are buying at retail prices, and then marking them up enough to be profitable, they are making an absolute mint. Imagine buying a $600 SIG, then flipping it for $1500 in NYC to a gang banger or Mob guy....and they probably enhanced their operation to pull off the 200+ buy in a short timeframe. I suspect they were buying 5-10 at a time, and running those. The 200+ was because ATF wanted 200+.