PDA

View Full Version : Military Enhancement Kit ...... USMC shotgun style

Stickman
03-09-17, 20:37
Military Enhancement Kit

http://www.marcorsyscom.marines.mil/News/Press-Release-Article-Display/Article/1107785/marines-make-an-entrance-with-new-breaching-capabilities/

https://media.defense.gov/2017/Mar/09/2001709149/750/422/0/170301-M-ZZ999-001.JPG

I know some people are against shotguns, but I look at this as a legit purchase for the military. While breaching is always fun with explosives, you can go quicker and easier with a decent shotgun setup. Nothing covers everything, and I think we all understand that, but it is a simple yet effective tool for our guys. I have this same kit, and have been using it for a few years. While I admit I do more training than real world shotgun action, this is a solid setup and gives lots of options.

Pappabear
04-05-17, 09:47
Stick, what does MEK signify? I do love me some shotgun. With those Flight Control rounds, it's a game changer. I have one Nghthawk / REM 870 pump and one Benelli.

PB

Pappabear
04-05-17, 09:48
Oh , Mil Enh Kit. I'm a little slow. As usual.

Stickman
04-05-17, 13:59
Oh , Mil Enh Kit. I'm a little slow. As usual.

Every time I hear MEK, I think of methyl ethyl ketone, which then leads me to think of MEKP as a high explosive...

ejr490
11-07-17, 20:01
Every time I hear MEK, I think of methyl ethyl ketone, which then leads me to think of MEKP as a high explosive...

I was just thinking the same thing ! MEK is great stuff.

The shotgun set up looks pretty good. I know M4 is the big thing these days but I am a fan of the shotgun I have a 590a1 and shoot it a lot. I think they still have a lot going for them.

Good info, thanks

Ed

Failure2Stop
11-08-17, 07:25
I support this.

bugsy714
11-08-17, 10:09
That'll open a few doors

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

Det-Sog
11-14-17, 12:09
Nice!

Having been a LEO back in the days when all we had the option of was the side-arm and a 12 GA in the car, I still have a soft spot for the SG... I was one of the first to transition from a SG in the car to an AR in the car in the 90's, and never looked back.

Problem is, my M2 Super 90 hasn't come out of the safe in over five years now... It was the last SG that I qualified with when I was still a LEO. It is sentimental, but darn I could sure trade it for a nice .308... What to do... Not sure if I'll ever shoot 3-gun again.

Diamondback
11-14-17, 12:37
Other than that nasty-ass A2 grip... WANT.

Not that I have any idea what I'd DO with the damn thing, since the last time I tried a 12-gauge (twenty years ago and STILL smarts thinking about it) my shoulder was sore for a couple weeks, but... like I said, WANT.

Det-Sog
11-14-17, 12:45
Not that I have any idea what I'd DO with the damn thing, since the last time I tried a 12-gauge (twenty years ago and STILL smarts thinking about it) my shoulder was sore for a couple weeks, but... like I said, WANT.

Thus why I have not sold my Benelli. I may never use it again, but it's darn cool!!!

Stickman
11-14-17, 16:31
I don't use my shotguns all that often, but I still make sure they have room in the safe, I also keep one loaded up with slugs for encounters which may require tidings of comfort and joy.

Turnkey11
11-14-17, 22:44
Id prefer the cheese grater be attached to the barrel; not to the thing that I have to manipulate under stress, possibly without gloves.